There was an app for OS7 to attach an e-mail to a calendar event. Has any comparable app for the OS10 surfaced so far?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:48 AM
    There was an app for OS7 to attach an e-mail to a calendar event. Has any comparable app for the OS10 surfaced so far?

Posted via CB10
    Hi and welcome to the forums!
    What was that app called and have you checked the App store to see what is avialble? I never used such a thing myself before.so I don't really know.
    06-30-13 08:57 AM
    I'd be more interested in asking what exactly the end result is needing to be. Invite Attendee, send calendar event to another person without attending, sending the entire calendar to another person or account.
    06-30-13 09:02 AM
    Hi! Thx! Just like Blackberry remember: Flag an E-mail and then link it to an calendar event. So you can easily access a specific E-mail directly from the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10

The OS 7 app you're thinking of was "OnTo Calendar". One of the best free apps I ever used. I haven't found a BB 10 counterpart, but there is a feasible work-around.

Open the email message you want added to the calendar. From the overflow menu, select "Invite to Meeting". This will open a calendar event with the body of the email message included (but no attachments). Leave the invitees that were added from the email (or delete them if its just for your own reference). Set time/date, etc. and you're done. The nifty thin about this is that, because it's linked to the email message itself, by opening the calendar appointment and tapping the "Emails" tab", you go directly to the email message and any attachments.

Hope this is clear enough. It's actually easier to do than to explain. I use this at least once a day.
    06-30-13 11:10 AM
    Thx for the hint! This really does work quite well! Just one thing: I have set up about 5 calendars on my Q10 and it is for whatever reason not choosing the standard calendar and I can't change to the correct calendar. Anything I can do about that?!?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:25 AM
    It's a little counter-intuitive but this works, just don't invite the other parties, BBRY should change this to "add to calendar" with invite recipients as an option , which would be more intuitive workflow. Hopefully these are the types of changes we will get in future updates as they put some shine on bb10.
    06-30-13 11:37 AM
    Thx for the hint! This really does work quite well! Just one thing: I have set up about 5 calendars on my Q10 and it is for whatever reason not choosing the standard calendar and I can't change to the correct calendar. Anything I can do about that?!?

Posted via CB10
    Ouch. I haven't dealt with that. Just tried it by synching an extra calendar and adding a message to the calendar. It seems the device wants to add it to the default calendar only. I'll play with it when I get home later and see if there's any way around that.
    06-30-13 11:58 AM
    @elessar.cm thx for helping!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:01 PM
    OK, I've played around with this for an hour and must be missing something. Let's see if one of the Geniuses here can point out if I've done something wrong, if it's a "by design" thing, or a plain old bug.

Here's what I'm working with:
    EAS account A: My default @live.com account (just migrated from Gmail, since I'm PO'd about the Reader thing and max. 30 day sync timeframe).
    EAS account B: business account.
    IMAP account: my newsletter, etc. account.
    ~ Each with email, contacts and calendars sync'd.

Adding an email to calendar as described earlier from EAS A puts the event on the corresponding A calendar.
    Adding an email to calendar from EAS B puts the event on the corresponding B calendar. (So far so good...)
    Adding an email to calendar from the IMAP account puts the event on the A calendar. Damn.

It seems the EAS account recognizes the relationship from the email to calendar, while IMAP doesn't. Remember, IMAP mail is set up separately from the related calendar, set up via calDAV. So, it's adding to the default calendar.

Does anyone have any insights or bright ideas?
    06-30-13 04:02 PM