As of now, most of the apps, i should say 99% of the famous apps all over the world are not available for bb10. I wanna know how many people still love their Q10 and use it as their daily driver.... and what functions and tasks do they do with Q10.. and finally after the day ends, are they really satisfied with their Q10?

I have a Q10 but i use iphone 6s as my daily driver as Q10 can't do most of the tasks in my office that i can do with my 6s very smoothly..

Guys!! Please put some light on this with your personal views and experience..
    07-08-17 03:28 AM
    I think you already have answers to your questions.
    07-08-17 03:38 AM
    Full disclosure: I require few apps. And even those are not truly necessary.

My Q's and P9983's are the best. Simple. Done. Fabulous. Fantastic. Stellar. Super.
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-08-17 05:01 AM
    I only use one mobile phone, blackberry Q10. I use it for receive and send messages, documents, and files using email and whatsapp. Sometimes using a scanner application for documents. Play music, videos, open youtube, and twitter no problem at all. Facebook and istagram are limited, but I do not use them too often. For me this device is very helpful in my daily activities. I feel happy because I am different from most people now.

Q10 /SQN100-3
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-08-17 06:07 AM
    I'm not one of the sheeple who subscribes to the herd instinct.

My Q10 serves me just as it (or any phone) should (but most other phones don't) for basic tasks all day, every day. I have no desire at this time for another phone.

. . . . Pete
    07-08-17 08:17 AM
    I am still using my Q10 but have been seriously considering moving on soon. The outdated browser and lack of apps are becoming problematic. But it's fantastic for email and text.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 08:23 AM
    To each his own, hommie. Your needs don't reflect others'.
    07-08-17 08:36 AM
    I have a Q10 coming today. I'm sending back my Keyone. Really not that impressed and could use the $550. Hope the Q10 works out for me. It will be my daily driver
    mconlon likes this.
    07-08-17 09:16 AM
    Define 'essential': because that differs from person to person. There is like some specific app that isn't supported for work or personal use. I guess that's what tablets and computers are for. Phones were and still are; primarily a communication platform. I think the Q10 does that great. With the exception of Snapchat,(which I don't use), the apps are there for all the major social platforms, in some version or another! Native support of them all is a dream not realised, so part of the fun is finding the workaround sometimes. But I can access them from the Q10 and I am happier than just having an Android or Apple phone that has the native app but the unappealing OS. My wife uses a Samsung S7 just for Wechat, out of preference, but refuses to use anything but her trusty Z30 for everything else!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 09:37 AM
    Got it. Love it. Does everything I need it to.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 01:25 PM
    I switched to the Q10 from the Passportt a few weeks ago. I feel right at home as I am a former multi-gen Bold user.

I don't use social networks any more as they are a colossal waste of my time. Not that I am some schedule/ work robot, just I can find better things to do that interest me more.

My most used apps are:
    - Neutron (best music player on anything ever since winamp)
    - gNews (frss eeds)
    - Helium (text editor extraordinaire for coding)
    - TuneIn Radio (listening to Hockey games)
    - Browser
    - Parrot (recording)
    - BeMaps
    - CB10 (duh XD)
    - GeoToolBox (geofencing)
    - SuperHexagon (sometimes I get that itch)
    - BaSa (system monitor)
    - Network Tools (network monitor)

The Q10 runs all of these very well and I am super content with the device. I have zero initiative to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-08-17 01:26 PM
    Loved my Q10 when I was using it. Unfortunately it started double typing and I had to move on. It was a good phone.

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    07-08-17 02:07 PM
    Had an iPhone 6. Found it too big to carry around comfortably. iTunes is utterly horrible to use. Transferring music from Mac to iPhone is a long, drawn-out, confusing affair (compared to say six or seven years ago when it was seamless).

I got sick of the iPhone battery running flat after half a day. Frustration was compounded by trying to use the charging lead that Apple make so short you are reduced to crawling around like a dog on your hands and knees as you search for a power outlet.

iPhones are eye-wateringly expensive.

Finally, in my experience, a strong breeze would crack an iPhone screen.

I love my Q10 for the form, removable battery, ruggedness and the fact that my current refurb unit cost me around the same price as one month of using an iPhone on a network contract.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-08-17 02:37 PM
    The Mighty Q10 is my prime work phone. I use mail, BBM, Nobex for podcasts and radio. Also use stock apps such as Docs to Go, Weather, Calculator, Web browser. Other apps include Crackberry, Password Keeper and the Super Stock app. There is a second Q10 in the drawer that will replace the work phone or Classic once either is dropped!

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-08-17 03:10 PM
    just sideload android. then find apks for the apps you need
    07-08-17 04:06 PM
    It does everything I need and if it doesn't there is usually some kind of workaround. It's amazing phone for amazing price.
    And claiming that 99% apps don't work on it is just wrong. I have only found a couple which weren't that useful. If you are "depending" on some apps it's not a phone for you.
    So sad that there isn't anything like it with new specs on the market.

Bush did bb10
    I agree that the "99% don't work" claims are exaggerated. People can be a bit myopic about this stuff.

I also agree that it's a great phone for the price.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 05:03 PM
    I don't use WhatsApp nor does anyone else important to me.
    Q10 is fantastic as a basic cellphone, but also for email, Web browsing, etc. It's got enough great apps that I do not feel like I'm missing anything with native apps.

As a bonus I have a good track record with Android apps. Absolutely 100% of the Android apps I've tried have worked, including those from the Play store (via Cobalt). I've even paid for one of those Android apps. It's been games, language apps and streaming video, all have been perfect.
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-09-17 11:21 AM
    I've switched back again to the Q10. My other phone is a PRIV (plus nearly every other BB10 device lol). I love the small form factor, great battery life, much faster automotive Bluetooth syncs and of course the slick BB10 Operating System. Also, I find any of the few Android Apps I do run (Slacker radio for example) are more stable than on a true Android. Phone is used for business and is still superb for this. Only thing I really miss from the PRIV is the excellent camera.

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-10-17 12:03 PM
    Q10 does what it was designed for quite eloquently. Communication period. Not particularly for entertainment or whatever. Have two units. Am not an app collector.
    07-12-17 12:36 PM
    I used the Q10 for a bit. I never liked it. Classic was a better phone. But Passport was my preferred of them all. Just started using the K1, so far so good.
    07-12-17 12:46 PM