Finally , after using the legacy devices ie: from Bold 9700 to Torch 9810 , I had made up my mind to stick to BB no matter what . So I get my self a Blackberry Q10, a new era of BB. The reason for buying a Q10 was the love for physical keyboard.

The keyboard of the Q10 is upto the mark & the build quality of the device is as per the BB's standards , looks & feels sophisticated , really happy with the ways its built.

After using the Q10 , now for more then a fortnight , I have some some questions & doubts . If anyone out there can help me out , I will be grateful. The first question is , is it possible to install apps/software using a USB connection via PC?
    Is there an option for auto on/off provided in OS 10?
    I found that the OS 10 consumes a lot of data, perhaps 3 to 6 times more then the legacy devices. Is this a bug or this is how its gonna stay?
    12-24-13 12:58 PM
    Congrats! I also moving from bold 9700 to Z10. It's a great device with the best OS. Enjoy yours! Btw, you can install apps using pc by side loading it, check the forum to find out how.

Sent via my Oreo Z10 BBM Channel C001BC43C
    12-24-13 01:16 PM
    I would use the search function and look for things you are trying to figure out. Also, there is a tips ans tricks thread that will help.

BB10 takes some learning. But the info is all here is you take the time to find it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    12-24-13 01:23 PM
    This os Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791 uses a hell lot of data, can someone help me out of this issue.
    What all can be done to lower the consumption?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 05:43 AM
    Is your wifi set up? You need to use wifi at home and work.

How much Data are you using now?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:34 AM
    I have consume around 600 MB. using 2Gin the last 11 days, usually I am always on the move so I cannot access WiFi .
    Is your wifi set up? You need to use wifi at home and work.

How much Data are you using now?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:54 AM
    Are you watching videos or listening to music on the phone via streaming? Have you downloaded a lot of apps?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:03 AM
    nope , haven't streamed a single song or video, btw on 2G , noways its sucks . I have only the essential apps ie : facebook, twitter, betazone, CB 10 forum, Dictionary , that's all
    12-26-13 11:44 AM
    Unless you spend a lot of time online everyday, that seems a little excessive to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:57 AM
    I think it uses so much data because the data isn't compressed through BB servers anymore if I remember correctly, so it's just like any other smartphone.

BB will get back up in time.
    12-26-13 12:08 PM
    Most of my time is spent on twitter, BBM. Including BBM channels.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:59 PM
    Most of my time is spent on twitter, BBM. Including BBM channels.

Posted via CB10
    Clicking on twitter links is your culprit! And yes bbm does use data as well. Rememebr the links you click on, as that can consume a lot of data and also check your app permissions to see what is connected and how they are connecting!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    01-01-14 04:30 AM
    600 mb is alot, please check ur permissions somthg is going on, or like others said could be facebook and twitter with the clickity click on the links and viewing pics.

Good luck,

Ps. I use twitter, I run a Bbm channel, Bbm, whatsapp, fousquared, cb, and 6 emails set up, and use 600 the whole month, wifi at home though.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 05:32 AM
    Checked the application permission, didn't find anything wrong. The only thing I need is a data monitor, to get the real info to check what exactly is happening and which app is consuming so much of data.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 06:18 AM
    Welcome to BB10! The old legacy devices were using something called BIS for all data traffic, the BlackBerry Internet Service, basicly the BlackBerry option on your contract. That serrvice was compressing all data running through your mobile connection. With BB10, BIS is not needed anymore, actually it is not used at all. So if you still have a BIS option on your contract, you can simply try to cancel it if your carrier allows you to do so.

However 600 MB is quite excessive for such a small timeframe. My highspeed mobile connection was limited to 500 MB per month since roughly June and I reached that limit usually after 23-26 days. Having said that, my Q10 is always connected to Wifi at home.
    When I'm on the move, my web behaviour isn't that different from yours: Some webbrowsing, RSS feeds, Twitter, BBM and of course e-mails.

Something really seems to be a bit off there, are you viewing lots of links/pictures via BBM/Twitter? How many mail accounts are set up on your device and what kind of sync rate/time are configurated?

In any case, if you are constantly on the move with no wifi available, I highly recommend to get an upgrade for your monthly data plan. Modern devices are real datahogs and you're better off with 1 gig per month.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-01-14 07:25 AM
    How can you check how much data you have consumed on the Q?
    01-01-14 08:42 AM
    Checked the application permission, didn't find anything wrong. The only thing I need is a data monitor, to get the real info to check what exactly is happening and which app is consuming so much of data.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome! And Happy New Year. Your data is going to be a lot higher on this blackberry as compared to the legacy devices for 2 reasons. 1- we now have LTE 4g speeds. The quicker your phone downloads the data, the more data consumption you will see
    2- as mentioned above, blackberry no longer compresses their data through BIS, so it is just like every other smartphone.

However, I still use less data on my Q 10 than on my iphone which is good. I use roughly 1.5 - 2gb a month on my Q, and on my iphone it was roughly 3GB consistently sometimes more

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 08:56 AM
    I wouldn't fret too much about your data consumption for the first couple of weeks. There is a lot of settling in, software updates, syncing, etc.

Having said that, don't expect the same data consumption as your old BlackBerry device for the reasons everyone above is saying. Experience varies widely. In my case, I've used 10 GB during the month of December. I would consider myself a very heavy user, though, and I use my phone to provide internet for my PC when working on the road plus bridged to a Playbook nonstop.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-01-14 12:08 PM
    I found that the OS 10 consumes a lot of data, perhaps 3 to 6 times more then the legacy devices. Is this a bug or this is how its gonna stay?
    I haven't yet found an option for auto on/off on my Q10 - and I find this lack of functionality very annoying. On my Bold 9xxx's I always used the alarm which auto-switched-on the phone - this meant that the alarm woke me up, but nobody else did whilst I was asleep! A lot of people on CB were complaining about this when the Q10 first came out

My initial Q10 Data Consumption was massive, but after a couple of weeks it eased right down (eg from c.1Gb/week to c.200Mb/week) - I assume this is because the Q10 was synchronising my accounts in the background for the first couple of weeks (eg Twitter, LinkedIn)

The other Data Hog (I think! any info gratefully received...) is the Skype App as even after I have closed the App on the phone, it is still showing up on the App Manager as running, and other people still see me logged into Skype - the only way I am able to shut it down is to re-start my Q10

Hope this helps

Happy New Year and all that
    01-01-14 02:52 PM
    I think it uses so much data because the data isn't compressed through BB servers anymore if I remember correctly, so it's just like any other smartphone.

BB will get back up in time.

Right. BB10 does not use BIS anymore so it uses as much data as an iPhone or Android. That said, that is a LOT of data. I don't use that much on an iPhone or Q10. I suspect the BB channels is eating up a lot of data now that it isn't compressed through BIS anymore. Also, I haven't actually checked on my Q10 but my iPhone uses a lot of data on email Active Sync. Since that is the same protocol as the Q10 is using, unless you have BES, the mail might be using a lot, especially if you have a lot of large attachments (videos for instance).
    01-01-14 05:17 PM
    Blackberry needs to work out on some key issue soon
    01-02-14 12:05 AM
    one more issue I am facing with this device is , when I connect the device to my PC it keeps on connecting/disconnecting automatically ;(
    01-03-14 11:16 AM
    Finally , after using the legacy devices ie: from Bold 9700 to Torch 9810 , I had made up my mind to stick to BB no matter what . So I get my self a Blackberry Q10, a new era of BB. The reason for buying a Q10 was the love for physical keyboard.

The keyboard of the Q10 is upto the mark & the build quality of the device is as per the BB's standards , looks & feels sophisticated , really happy with the ways its built.

After using the Q10 , now for more then a fortnight , I have some some questions & doubts . If anyone out there can help me out , I will be grateful. The first question is , is it possible to install apps/software using a USB connection via PC?
    With the loss of data compression in bbos10 same for. Same usage patterns will use more data approx 30% more. Typically 1gb od data or more is recommended for use with bbos10.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    satchit likes this.
    01-03-14 11:25 AM
    Another issue I have been facing is ,though I see a blackberry symbol and "E" on my display , the data stops transmitting . what I need to do is turn off the mobile data network & put it on again .It starts working again . This thing happens randomly , don't know what is the reason behind this .
    Is this a hardware issue ?
    01-12-14 01:24 AM
    I find it hard to believe that you are on 2G and using so much data in such little time frame.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:32 AM
34 12