I like the look of the leaks, but I'm biased because anything that has a portrait keyboard will make me feel warm and glowy on the inside.

For those who are saying that this device wont attract new customers or looks crappy or otherwise sucks, just try to remember that this is not the flag ship device for BB10, its a device that is designed the maniac fringe of BB users on board. A lot of us who demand a full qwerty would not be happy getting a full touch device and RIM knows that they cant afford to their loudest, longest standing fans. This device is not meant to look as pretty as any of the sleek full touch devices; its for people who care more about the qwerty than any other feature. If you aren't in that camp (ie you are torn between z10 and x10) then you probably wont like the x10 as much as those of who are.
    12-31-12 07:07 AM
    For those who are saying that this device wont attract new customers or looks crappy or otherwise sucks, just try to remember that this is not the flag ship device for BB10, its a device that is designed the maniac fringe of BB users on board. A lot of us who demand a full qwerty would not be happy getting a full touch device and RIM knows that they cant afford to their loudest, longest standing fans. This device is not meant to look as pretty as any of the sleek full touch devices; its for people who care more about the qwerty than any other feature. If you aren't in that camp (ie you are torn between z10 and x10) then you probably wont like the x10 as much as those of who are.
    Indeed, this device is intended to be a workhorse aimed at qwerty diehards and people just need to stop panicking so much on the basis of a few low quality leaked pics.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-01-13 02:05 AM
    I decided long ago that for BB10 I would go all touch because touch looks and works best on a large screen (my opinion).

I've been looking at these pics on the x10 online for the past few days and my conclusion is that is hasn't been, re-designed, re-engineered or re-invented enough. I'd prefer it if it tied in with the look of the Z10 more, something like this which would look ok with a straight keyboard too if they insist on going that way which I think they do :-

Leak Image Blackberry 10 N Series First Front/Back/Cover  Image-image.jpg

Not liking the chopped in half BB10 OS look either but maybe a bit of spit and polish before launch will make it more attractive. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the active frames anyway, I see their purpose but I don't find them to be visually appealing. They might grow on me, who knows !?!
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    01-01-13 07:28 AM
    To be honest, it would not surprise me if subsequent qwerty models once bb10 is established do fall into line with the overall design cues of the flagship model at that time, but for this first one they have purposefully gone with a design that is not too similar because to many people the tendency would be to assume that the n-series was just another blackberry and that impression would carry over to the l-series too and at the same time this qwerty model is meant to evoke memories of the 9900 because that will help to ease the transition of those who do not want to make the more major change over to an all touch device.

Or to put it another way, there is method in what some seem all too quick to dismiss as their madness.
    01-01-13 08:23 AM
    The name is there for other people to see. Almost every phone has it so it shouldn't be a big deal.
    01-01-13 09:10 AM
    This is not a picture I have seen before but I came across it today on twitter, what is that device on the left? I am posting it here as it is possibly the dev alpha c or some other alpha device maybe.

If the pic has been posted before, is very old or is a photoshop jobbie I apologise.

Leak Image Blackberry 10 N Series First Front/Back/Cover  Image-image.jpg
    01-01-13 01:53 PM
    I decided long ago that for BB10 I would go all touch because touch looks and works best on a large screen (my opinion).

I've been looking at these pics on the x10 online for the past few days and my conclusion is that is hasn't been, re-designed, re-engineered or re-invented enough. I'd prefer it if it tied in with the look of the Z10 more, something like this which would look ok with a straight keyboard too if they insist on going that way which I think they do :-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	130010

Not liking the chopped in half BB10 OS look either but maybe a bit of spit and polish before launch will make it more attractive. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the active frames anyway, I see their purpose but I don't find them to be visually appealing. They might grow on me, who knows !?!
    Thank you very much, I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is what I've been trying to say for the last few days. For RIM to introduce a whole new OS on such a "blah"-looking device, it just doesn't make any sense to me. To me, not only does the OS have to work smoothly, but the device it's running on has to be visually appealing, and not a chore to look at. I know myself, as well as a good majority of people, I venture to think that if OS10 was left on this device, as it stands, a good percentage of those people will wish that they'd have gotten the L-Series instead. Because I'm sure as it stands now, the OS experience on the L-Series is much different than that on the QWERTY, when it should at least be similar, if not on par.
    01-01-13 04:00 PM
    This is not a picture I have seen before but I came across it today on twitter, what is that device on the left? I am posting it here as it is possibly the dev alpha c or some other alpha device maybe.

If the pic has been posted before, is very old or is a photoshop jobbie I apologise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	130023
    Oh that is another concept. Been seen already.
    01-01-13 05:30 PM
    Hello?

I Think this will give us an idea of how the resolution will re-size on the n-series. You can see over 50% of your content on the X10
    Leak Image Blackberry 10 N Series First Front/Back/Cover  Image-res-size.jpg
    as for hardware..I'm not worried, RIM has said that they've mastered the Qwerty and there committed right now on proving they can create a good full touch experience. I have no doubt that this is a "Dev C device" and that the final product will look amazing, based on what they've done with qwerty's in the past.
    01-01-13 07:28 PM
59 123