I wish they kept the alumunim siding like on the bold 9900. I feel it gives it a nice sleek look and premium feel as apposed to the plastic stuff they seem to be using on the sides. Also not to impressed with the rubbery looking texture of the back. Reminds me of the old curves. I really really wanna like this phone but so far I hope these are some prototypes because looks wise I'm liking the bold 9900 more so far and I really wish it wasn't that way.
    Leaked picks never look as good as the real thing.
    I remember people saying the leaked pics of the 9900 looked like crap, but the phone turned out to be beautiful IRL.
    12-25-12 09:44 PM
    Is it really necessary to put the word blackberry on the screen,seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know which brand of phone we're using, that takes up precious real estate for a bigger screen.
    I wish people would not forget that actual components can go under an area with a logo as then we would not get this kind of comment endlessly repeated every time there is a leaked photo of a new device.
    12-25-12 10:28 PM
    Leaked picks never look as good as the real thing.
    I remember people saying the leaked pics of the 9900 looked like crap, but the phone turned out to be beautiful IRL.
    Indeed and for a more recent example you only have to look at the response to early l-series leaks too.

As far as these leaks, the back could very easily be a similar kind of weave look to the actually battery cover part of the back of the 9900 with the only real difference being that it now takes up the whole back of the device.

Another possibility that we cannot tell from these leaks is what the edge of the device is made of, for those lamenting the loss of the aluminium edge to the device, it might be that this time round it still has a metal edge and it is simply colour-coordinated this time round.
    12-25-12 10:32 PM
    I really think RIM should have paid DigitalHomeBoy, dude had two awesome physical QWERTY keyboard designs (TK Victory &TK Justice)!Both appeared to be far more appealing & promising than this horrid thing! COME'ON THORSTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By this horrid thing you mean a bb10 update to the most popular bb7 device around, as far as those tk designs, they are nice enough drawings but always seem to be very flawed from a technical and/or ergonomic perspective so are basically pointless.
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-25-12 10:34 PM
    Totally agree with you there. I'd RUSH to get my hands on the TK Justice phone. I'm somewhat disappointed.
    12-26-12 12:44 PM
    Totally agree with you there. I'd RUSH to get my hands on the TK Justice phone. I'm somewhat disappointed.
    TK Justice was just a conceptual drawing and wasn't meant to really exist or be built.
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-26-12 01:25 PM
    Is it really necessary to put the word blackberry on the screen,seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know which brand of phone we're using, that takes up precious real estate for a bigger screen.
    Yes, it is necessary to have that space there for the swipe gestures. RIM was actually smart to put the branding in a place that needs to be there anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 01:55 PM
    Well.. It looks like all the other blackberrys from the past, with a weird looking keyboard. Being that they have the full touch screen one, I really wont hate on it completely.

Don't think it will bring anyone into blackberry again, since I would still feel like I am using a bold or curve of old. I guess its alright to have at least one phone that keeps the old school blackberry looks for the diehards who wont change what they like at all.
    12-26-12 09:44 PM
    Well.. It looks like all the other blackberrys from the past, with a weird looking keyboard. Being that they have the full touch screen one, I really wont hate on it completely.

Don't think it will bring anyone into blackberry again, since I would still feel like I am using a bold or curve of old. I guess its alright to have at least one phone that keeps the old school blackberry looks for the diehards who wont change what they like at all.
    I was ready to change to the Z10. I currently use the Bold 9900.
    But now seeing these pics, I think I might let my wife and daughter get the Z10 and I'll wait for the X10.
    I like the more rounded back on the leaked pictures of the X10, and I like the straight keyboard as long as they keep the same keys from the 9900.
    To me the X10 looks like a 9900 with BB10, a bigger screen, and straight keyboard. All improvements in my book.
    I had a 9870 and didn't think the 9900 would be worth the upgrade, but after seeing the screen in person, I bought one on the spot. I think it will be the same with the X10, a little increase in screen size and resolution makes a big difference!
    Who knows... there is a lot of speculation at this point. We'll have to wait until Jan 30th and make an informed decision at that time based on how they implement BB10 to work with the screen keyboard combination.
    12-26-12 10:52 PM
    i can live with the front buttt thee backk!!!!??!!!? ITS UGLY!!!! RIM knows how important Blackberry 10 is at this point!! Hoping for the best!! the back is ugly, change it pleasee!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 11:50 PM
    By this horrid thing you mean a bb10 update to the most popular bb7 device around, as far as those tk designs, they are nice enough drawings but always seem to be very flawed from a technical and/or ergonomic perspective so are basically pointless.
    The 9900 was a great looking phone when it was released in 2011. Updating a popular phone from a few years ago with some minor tweaks is not game changing. TK Justice with BB10 is game changing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Bahamaboy99 likes this.
    12-27-12 02:46 AM

I would like to know, what makes this keyboard look "weird". On one side, you complain about the phone looking just like every other Blackberry in the past. Now RIM changed to keyboard from that curved (smiley) shape to a straight one. A big change, which surely makes it stand out when compared to a 9900 or 9790. While it surely looks unusual for a Blackberry keyboard, I wouldn't say it looks weird or awkward.

The more I look at it, the less worried I am about that new keyboard. Especially considering that those keys seem to be a tad larger than those of the 9900. A surely welcomed change.

I also doubt the N-Series has been built to get many people on board for Blackberry 10. That is what the L-Series is for. Take a look at most western markets: the majority of people obviously want full-touch phones anyways, despite some surveys saying physical QWERTY being still as important as full-touch.
    So the Nevada actually is built mostly for current Blackberry freaks. Especially considering the lack of alternatives:
    Nokia only produces entry level Asha devices with QWERTY keyboards. HTC already announced they won't build any phones coming with QWERTY boards in the future. We have Motorola producing some low-specced Android devices in this form factor, however those can't even fully compete with our 9900s, let alone the keyboard quality which really is far behind RIMs creation.

So what is left for people wanting a physical keyboard? There virtually is just Blackberry. Now I really can't say this phone looks bad. It might look disappointing because it resambles known Blackberry designs. Howevery, taking a look at those iPhones again, the design of those hasn't changed since the iPhone4. The front facing design actually is almost untouched since the very first iPhone from 2007. People still buying it like crazy and I really can't say the iPhone ever was a great looking phone...
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-27-12 03:13 AM
    I'm glad they are releasing the full screen first. This device is nowhere near as nice as the 9900.
    My opinion of course.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-27-12 07:13 AM
    As much as I like the BlackBerry BOLD 9900, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll prefer the BB10 without the physical keys.

I've been using an iOS and various Android devices for the past two years or so, along with my BlackBerry BOLD 9900, and I'm quite fluent with the touchscreen now.

Hmm, interesting times ahead, no?
    12-27-12 09:09 AM
    As much as I like the BlackBerry BOLD 9900, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll prefer the BB10 without the physical keys.

I've been using an iOS and various Android devices for the past two years or so, along with my BlackBerry BOLD 9900, and I'm quite fluent with the touchscreen now.

Hmm, interesting times ahead, no?
    I think that RIM is making a very slow transition over to the full touch model. Then again, they have patented that trapezoidal keyboard for those with wider thumbs like myself. If you're able to use the virtual keyboard, cheers to you. I'm one that needs to feel actual keys. Those of us that do, it's actually a psychology thing, I guess, needing that reassurance that we won't be making a mistake when typing.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    12-27-12 09:15 AM
    I would like to know, what makes this keyboard look "weird". On one side, you complain about the phone looking just like every other Blackberry in the past. Now RIM changed to keyboard from that curved (smiley) shape to a straight one. A big change, which surely makes it stand out when compared to a 9900 or 9790. While it surely looks unusual for a Blackberry keyboard, I wouldn't say it looks weird or awkward.

The more I look at it, the less worried I am about that new keyboard. Especially considering that those keys seem to be a tad larger than those of the 9900. A surely welcomed change.

I also doubt the N-Series has been built to get many people on board for Blackberry 10. That is what the L-Series is for. Take a look at most western markets: the majority of people obviously want full-touch phones anyways, despite some surveys saying physical QWERTY being still as important as full-touch.
    So the Nevada actually is built mostly for current Blackberry freaks. Especially considering the lack of alternatives:
    Nokia only produces entry level Asha devices with QWERTY keyboards. HTC already announced they won't build any phones coming with QWERTY boards in the future. We have Motorola producing some low-specced Android devices in this form factor, however those can't even fully compete with our 9900s, let alone the keyboard quality which really is far behind RIMs creation.

So what is left for people wanting a physical keyboard? There virtually is just Blackberry. Now I really can't say this phone looks bad. It might look disappointing because it resambles known Blackberry designs. Howevery, taking a look at those iPhones again, the design of those hasn't changed since the iPhone4. The front facing design actually is almost untouched since the very first iPhone from 2007. People still buying it like crazy and I really can't say the iPhone ever was a great looking phone...
    You make a good point here. I think things have changed with the mobile industry a lot, thanks to the ever increasing size of smartphones, thanks, imo, to Samsung. There are rumors now that the Note 3 will be a whopping 6.3in., and the S4 closer to 5in. To me, this is just lunacy. It means that the industry feels the need to keep up with these ridiculous sizes of phones. That, in turn, means poorer performance, because while they rush to compete spec-wise, these phones don't come with sufficient batteries to support powering the phones, without having to continuously charge throughout the day. It defeats the whole purpose of having a phone. And to me, that means above all, having excellent call quality and battery life, as well as portability. Before my Torch 9800 bit the dust, I was able to go a day and a half on a charge with moderate usage, including calls and apps, and STILL have 40% left.

I didn't realize at the time how important that was, and I allowed myself to be swayed into getting an Android slider, because of its supposed openness and spec-"rich" phones. But because I need the keyboard, I realize that nothing comes close to the BB keyboard- A NECESSITY, not a perk of having the biggest, shiniest device to show off. As the saying goes, you can only shine a pos so much, in the end, it's still a pos. So, you're right, iPhones and BB's may not be the prettiest phones out there, but they do get the job done, which is why owners of the devices are diehards, no matter what Android does. And that's what annoys me about so-called "fandroids" who pound their chests, saying their phones and platform is the best, all the while calling iPhone people sheep, and discounting BB altogether. They constantly like to start crap with people, saying their phones all suck, instead of just enjoying what they have, and letting others do the same.

It speaks to a much bigger societal problem, when you think about it, because if you have people fighting over something as trivial as the size and performance of phones, something as relevant as world peace will never happen. So, with that said, January 30th can't come soon enough.
    anon(153966) and jakie55 like this.
    12-27-12 11:29 AM
    @girl_Interrupted513 brilliant post, and very well put, period!
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    12-27-12 03:01 PM
    Can't wait to start typing on a real keyboard again. I've never made so many mistakes as I have on these virtual keyboards. Now that I know BB10 will be supporting iCal and CardDav, January 30th and or course, the actual day they go on sale can't come soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 07:04 PM
    I think the straight keyboard and keys lined up are going to make this harder to type on compared to the 9930.
    12-27-12 11:05 PM
    I think the straight keyboard and keys lined up are going to make this harder to type on compared to the 9930.
    Why should it be harder to type on a straight keyboard? There are multiple other devives out there using a straight layout. All of my previous QWERTY devices had straight aligned keyboards. Even that Porsche Blackberry ditched the smiley layout. As already said, you'll also benefit from larger keys, so it *should* actually easier to type on the Nevada. However as with every new keyboard, you'll of course need to take your time to get used to it. Plus the current gen keyboards aren't curved that much.

But I guess everybody needs to figure this out for him-/herself. I think continueing this smiley board on BB10 wouldn't have been a bad idea, since you'd have some more space directly beneath the screen to perform your gestures.
    However, the guys at RIM aren't dump. I am pretty sure they'll deliver a decent solution here. They did with virtually all previous Bolds.
    12-28-12 02:47 AM
    Just wondering why we couldn't get something like the middle phone in this pic for the N-series, not in love with the new leaks.

12-30-12 01:19 AM
    regardless these look like crap! The 9900 was the return of a King,you seem to forget RIM tried to pass he 97xx off to us as the new Bold, prior to 9900, when everyone was expecting something more similar to the 9000.
    12-30-12 06:00 AM
    Many great comments here and I agree with most of them. The only thing I can add is that, although I think the back is ugly, I will be putting a case on mine so don't really care.

Looking forward to BB10!

Happy New Year!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-30-12 07:30 AM
    I think that RIM is making a very slow transition over to the full touch model. Then again, they have patented that trapezoidal keyboard for those with wider thumbs like myself. If you're able to use the virtual keyboard, cheers to you. I'm one that needs to feel actual keys. Those of us that do, it's actually a psychology thing, I guess, needing that reassurance that we won't be making a mistake when typing.
    Psychological � No I don�t think like that�.. With Physical button I can touch corners of phone, map keys and type faster and more accurately��. There�s key with bump on D/5 and directly near to convenience key is del key��.. Try to map it and see it make difference.
    12-30-12 07:40 AM
    Just wondering why we couldn't get something like the middle phone in this pic for the N-series, not in love with the new leaks.
    There is a simple reason why you can't just slap a keyboard at the bottom of a tall screen and say voila a new qwerty device, it would be top-heavy and actually a lot less comfortable to type on and thus defeating the purpose of having the physical keyboard on it in the first place.
    12-31-12 03:44 AM
59 123