What was the reasoning behind eliminating font styles such as bold extra bold......they lost me on that

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:38 AM
    I know I love the extra bold font I had it on my 9900 9860 and 9810

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:45 AM
    Good question. I wish we had custom fonts also. One never knows when it comes to BlackBerry, LOL
    08-31-13 09:45 AM
    If only if only. They kept that and notifications from os7

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    08-31-13 03:54 PM
    You guys all talk like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what bb10 is and how it came to be. BlackBerry didn't trim down os7 to create bb10. They didn't eliminate anything. they started with almost nothing other than the qnx micro kernel. From there, they had to program all features from scratch using c++, a completely different language from java which is what they used to program is 7. In that environment, every single little feature takes soooooo much work to implement so they have to prioritize. I have read 100s of threads on cb Asking the exact same question about a 100!different minor features. All of the threads act like BlackBerry literally deleted the code they used to have to purposefully remove features and that is a fundamental error.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    08-31-13 04:10 PM
    You guys all talk like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what bb10 is and how it came to be. BlackBerry didn't trim down os7 to create bb10. They didn't eliminate anything. they started with almost nothing other than the qnx micro kernel. From there, they had to program all features from scratch using c++, a completely different language from java which is what they used to program is 7. In that environment, every single little feature takes soooooo much work to implement so they have to prioritize. I have read 100s of threads on cb Asking the exact same question about a 100!different minor features. All of the threads act like BlackBerry literally deleted the code they used to have to purposefully remove features and that is a fundamental error.

Posted via CB10
    I realize that. I know bb10 was not a continuation in software from os7 but rather a re-birth from the ground up. I was simply referring to BlackBerry not keeping continuity in their business; their phones; their software. I recognize it's not easy but mearly attempt to point out opportunities. Places to improve.

08-31-13 04:42 PM
    I miss BB Casual.
    08-31-13 08:27 PM
    I realize that. I know bb10 was not a continuation in software from os7 but rather a re-birth from the ground up. I was simply referring to BlackBerry not keeping continuity in their business; their phones; their software. I recognize it's not easy but mearly attempt to point out opportunities. Places to improve.

Your word choice in the original post strongly implies otherwise.

But I wasn't really trying to critique you just saying that I didn't like the language you were using. It sounded more like a complaint about a changelog in which one of your favorite features had been removed than it did a new feature request. I think BlackBerry has worked hard to create continuity and they have actually done so to the point that Kevin criticized bb10 for having too much continuIty in terms of the ux with os7. What you are looking for sounds less like continuity and more like feature parity. My response to that is that it's waaaaay too soon in bb10s development to expect feature parity especially when it comes to minor niche features like "extra bold" font.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:21 PM

Again you seem to have missed the point. The whole idea of BB10 is to break that continuity with an OS that "everyone" said would be the death of the company.

There are new font features coming in 10.2. Don't know if they will make you happy or not.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 09:34 AM