Does anyone have a copy of the Kindle reader that works well on the Q10, or know where there's a repository archive copy that can be downloaded?
    I have the Kindle apk installed using Playstore ( and previously the Amazon store) but it runs very poorly and is no where near as useful as that running on my PlayBook.
    I know that there are alternative e-readers but I buy a lot of books from Amazon and like to read and sync them across multiple devices.
    09-05-17 01:05 PM
    Does anyone have a copy of the Kindle reader that works well on the Q10, or know where there's a repository archive copy that can be downloaded?

I have the Kindle apk installed using Playstore ( and previously the Amazon store) but it runs very poorly and is no where near as useful as that running on my PlayBook.

I know that there are alternative e-readers but I buy a lot of books from Amazon and like to read and sync them across multiple devices.

I have tried a lot of versions of Kindle (dozens from Aptoide and elsewhere). The recent ones work, but are very slow to load. The older versions are more responsive, but won't let you log in and download your books.

If anyone has a responsive working version, I'd be interested as well.

Sent from my Passport using Forum Fiend OSP
    Last edited by Shuswap; 09-05-17 at 11:40 PM.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    09-05-17 11:22 PM
    This is an obvious question, but have you tried the free Kindle for Bb10 in the BlackBerry World store as well as the one in the Amazon store?

I wouldn't go looking for an APK before trying those first, especially the BB10 one.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-06-17 02:47 AM
    Agreed, a BB10 version is what I would really like. However, there is no Kindle BB10 app available that I can see via the BBWorld store, at least in the UK – other regions may be able to. Before using the Playstore version(s) I had used Kindle from the BB10 Amazon Store, the performance was equally poor.
    09-06-17 04:51 AM
    Agreed, a BB10 version is what I would really like. However, there is no Kindle BB10 app available that I can see via the BBWorld store, at least in the UK – other regions may be able to. Before using the Playstore version(s) I had used Kindle from the BB10 Amazon Store, the performance was equally poor.
    Ah. The BB10 Kindle app is available in the US store.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-06-17 10:03 AM
    Ive noticed it can be slow or what you mail to it doesn't make it. I was under the impression that the kindle app on BB World was just for the Z10 or the touch screen. After a factory reset, this was one of the first apps I downloaded. The password to sign in is likely mailed to you and in your junk folder. Its pretty reliable now except if I mail some html files there that are not marked up well or filled with js and css.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 08:08 PM