If it happened once I'd chalk it up to a fluke but this is now twice that my wife's was sent in for warranty repair for the same issue. It randomly inserts the letter 'z' when she's typing and on occasion a double 'zz'.

The first phone wasn't even fixed. They just sent her a refurbished device. I personally don't care. I've had so may refurbished devices in my BlackBerry life that I actually think they work better than assembly line models. In any event this refurbished one my wife got took about 4 months for the issue to start again.

I'm curious as to how prevalent this issue? Given I'm a Z30 owner I never frequent the Q10 forums but is this something known to users? Happens frequently?

We got the special warranty with Telus on my corporate plan ... 3 repairs and new device of equal or greater value. Hopefully the repair comes back and goes ballistic again after the Classic is released... my wife misses the tool belt lol.

Seriously though... how prevalent is this random letter 'Z' insertion issue.

Two devices now.... got to be a flaw somewhere.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-14-14 11:25 AM
    That's the so called "double typing issue". It's well known and I think it's because of the hardware, dust under the keys or so.
    My Q10 had that problem to, but I've got a new one and BlackBerry seemed to have improved the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:53 AM
    Hypersensitivity is well known issue. I think u accidentally touch the Z letter.
    The 1st way to fix this issue is to repair the keyboard. If you are lucky this problem won't come out again. If no.. 2nd way is to fix it by your own hands.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:16 PM
    Yes double type, had 3 replacements and all eventually suffered the same fate after 3 months or so. Telus just traded me a passport

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-14-14 12:32 PM
    Yes double type, had 3 replacements and all eventually suffered the same fate after 3 months or so. Telus just traded me a passport

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    Well this will be the second time this happens.

Funny my wife twice with two different white devices. My son's black device is fine.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-14-14 10:56 PM