I think for Q10, a special key, just as space bar should be set to receive incoming call and another key for hanging up call. If so, Q10 will be acceptable phone.
    09-04-13 11:00 PM
    I agree. This has been brought up numerous times before. I don't care much about an answer key, but an end key is necessary.
    09-04-13 11:47 PM
    Just put an "answer" and "end" digital button on the screen to use instead of the swipe gesture or at least have both options.
    09-05-13 12:45 AM
    How to do that?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:02 AM
    There IS a big red End Call digital button.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    09-05-13 06:45 AM
    There IS a big red End Call digital button.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    We don't want to use the screen. Don't they get it. We want shortcut keys! They already had these on the previous devices. Yet, they go backwards. How stupid.
    09-05-13 07:39 AM
    We don't want to use the screen. Don't they get it. We want shortcut keys! They already had these on the previous devices. Yet, they go backwards. How stupid.
    he was replying to the post 2 posts above his....
    Just put an "answer" and "end" digital button on the screen to use instead of the swipe gesture or at least have both options.
    and as has been said before, if you want a key over the screen button, you're saying you'd rather touch a key, vs touching something 6 times the size or so. For accuracy purposes a on screen button is best.
    09-05-13 08:24 AM
    1) My screen goes dark during calls -- so ugh.

2) I have more accuracy touching a QWERTY than the screen. Also quicker/better device recognition.
    09-05-13 08:34 AM
    1) My screen goes dark during calls -- so ugh.

2) I have more accuracy touching a QWERTY than the screen. Also quicker/better device recognition.
    when you take your phone away from your ear the screen doesn't come back on? it should...

You maybe more accuracy touching the old send and end keys, but there is no key that size on the Q10, all the keys are at least 1/4 of the size of the old send/end keys.
    09-05-13 08:51 AM
    when you take your phone away from your ear the screen doesn't come back on? it should...

You maybe more accuracy touching the old send and end keys, but there is no key that size on the Q10, all the keys are at least 1/4 of the size of the old send/end keys.
    Nothing to do with my ear...I use the speakerphone. QWERTY key may be smaller and I agree that the red end call key is large, but physical key would be bigger.
    09-05-13 09:23 AM
    Nothing to do with my ear...I use the speakerphone. QWERTY key may be smaller and I agree that the red end call key is large, but physical key would be bigger.
    '

Ahh speakerphone, that makes sense then. A big physical key would be the most accurate for sure, but would require a redesign of the Q10, maybe there is a way for the screen not to go dark while on speakerphone? not really sure.. I rarely use it.. but that would be annoying to have the screen be dark when trying to hang up!
    09-05-13 09:30 AM
    What is it that you guys don't understand about a physical key working better than an enormous on-screen button? A tiny physical end key would be better than a full-screen end button.

My screen goes to sleep in the middle of calls too. I was called a liar, but I'm glad there are other people with this issue.

This thread has been made before, and I'm pretty sure the same naysayers and apologists are coming out of the woodwork to disparage the legitimate criticisms of blackberry users. Ridiculous.
    09-05-13 09:34 AM
    Shortcut using any one of the QWERTY keys would be fine. I can find a QWERTY key blindfolded.
    09-05-13 09:34 AM
    What is it that you guys don't understand about a physical key working better than an enormous on-screen button? A tiny physical end key would be better than a full-screen end button.

My screen goes to sleep in the middle of calls too. I was called a liar, but I'm glad there are other people with this issue.

This thread has been made before, and I'm pretty sure the same naysayers and apologists are coming out of the woodwork to disparage the legitimate criticisms of blackberry users. Ridiculous.
    coming out of the woodwork? I've been active on this site the entire time...

and no one said that your screen didn't go to sleep, we said that the screen comes back on once you take it away from your ear... which it does.
    09-05-13 10:06 AM
    Shortcut using any one of the QWERTY keys would be fine. I can find a QWERTY key blindfolded.
    Its not a question of being able to find it blindfolded, you'd be able to find an end call button on the screen blindfolded to by going off of the top left physical button and pressing above it. Its about accuracy / consistency. If they were to have an end call shortcut key, I would say to have it be any of a certain number keys that are around each other, such as Q,W,A,S, so if you hit any of those it would hang up, or just make it the space bar as was suggested earlier since it's the largest key. Making it just Q or just A would be a step backwards from not only the current way of ending a call, but also the previous way of ending a call on BBOS.
    09-05-13 10:09 AM
    How about the space bar to answer and end calls

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:14 AM
    funny this is Q10 area, but seems most of replies user dont like the physical button, or did u guys enter the wrong area? thought here is z10 area?
    09-05-13 10:32 AM
    funny this is Q10 area, but seems most of replies user dont like the physical button, or did u guys enter the wrong area? thought here is z10 area?
    This is Q10...we bought this device because we like the hard qwerty keyboard, Otherwise, we would have bought an iPhone. We'd like to be able to use the keys for other functions besides typing. Da. (Somehow, this is a surprise to Blackbery.)
    09-05-13 10:45 AM
    coming out of the woodwork? I've been active on this site the entire time...

and no one said that your screen didn't go to sleep, we said that the screen comes back on once you take it away from your ear... which it does.
    No it doesn't. It sometimes goes to sleep and I have to unlock my phone to end a call. You called me a liar a month ago, but there have been threads describing this very issue since. So eat it.
    09-05-13 11:18 AM
    And I think it would have to be a universal two-stroke shortcut, so that I could end a call from any other application. This is part of the reason why a dedicated end key would be so great. Phone is locked: so end key. I'm in another app: just hit the end key. It's a bleeding multi-tasking phone, but it's so laborious to just end a call that I just usually let the network cut the call after the other party hangs up.
    09-05-13 11:20 AM
    Phone is locked: so end key.
    we've gone over this before, under normal circumstances the phone doesn't lock while a phone call is active, I tested this in the other thread FOR YOU, for something like 10 minutes.. phone never locked, tried it on a different Q10, same results. If its not working like that for you i'm sorry, maybe you have a defective device. Wouldn't you rather exchange it for a new one, or complain on crackberry about the one you have?
    09-05-13 11:52 AM
    No it doesn't. It sometimes goes to sleep and I have to unlock my phone to end a call. You called me a liar a month ago, but there have been threads describing this very issue since. So eat it.
    The screen coming back on once you take it away from your ear is a function many of us would like to run off. Another stupid change. At best, there is a delay. At worst, it doesn't come back. Given that we have a qwerty keyboard on this device, I don't understand why we can't use it to perform basic function like ending a call, etc. Da. What were these dingbats thinking?
    09-05-13 12:22 PM
    The screen coming back on once you take it away from your ear is a function many of us would like to run off. Another stupid change. At best, there is a delay. At worst, it doesn't come back. Given that we have a qwerty keyboard on this device, I don't understand why we can't use it to perform basic function like ending a call, etc. Da. What were these dingbats thinking?
    I could be wrong, but I think its pretty standard that phones have their screens turn off when they are held to ear. I don't disagree with you that having that as an option would be beneficial though.

I think they were thinking that it would be harder for someone to press a key 1/16th the size of an on screen button.
    09-05-13 12:29 PM
    What were these dingbats thinking?
    I'm no BlackBerry expert, but I'm willing to take a guess; and my guess is they looked at the millions upon millions of people with touch screen only phones that have absolutely zero problems hanging up a call using an on screen button.

Having said that, the vast minority that have an issue with ending a call with an on screen button are just having issues adapting. Making a person change something that has become second nature to them is like pulling teeth, as evidenced by threads like these.

I come to the BlackBerry Q10 (my first BlackBerry BTW) from using Android exclusively; and I must say that this phone is amazing. I have very few issues with it which include missing contact groups, an ocasional software hickup here or there and the slightly disjointed theme throughout the phone (black messaging and bbm, white hub & now white calendar...).

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:38 PM
    we've gone over this before, under normal circumstances the phone doesn't lock while a phone call is active, I tested this in the other thread FOR YOU, for something like 10 minutes.. phone never locked, tried it on a different Q10, same results. If its not working like that for you i'm sorry, maybe you have a defective device. Wouldn't you rather exchange it for a new one, or complain on crackberry about the one you have?
    It's a software bug, but it still happens to many others besides myself. Why not respond to anything else I've written? Because I have some logical ideas that could be implemented now.

Further, explain to me why it is so much easier to type on my Q10's keyboard than my iPad's keyboard? The keys are around six times the size, no? How is this any different than a physical end key vs a virtual end key?

And just to reiterate, one benefit of a physical end key would be the ability to end a call from another app on my multitasking Q10.

The only thing more satisfying than a physical end key is a flip phone. If BlackBerry came out with a flip phone that ended a call when I snapped the phone shut, I'd be happy.
    09-05-13 12:41 PM
40 12