Folks:

I upgraded to BB10 last week and found many users with this issue. Funny when I got ahold of BB via AT&T the tech told me I was the first one to call in about it. And BTW I stumbled upon this fix.

For me, I loved the fact my pre-BB10 device kept all my emails after they came off the server into my laptop inbox (using Goldmine, not that it matters). My service is a pop account. I had an instant record in my hand that I went to fairly often when out and about.

Imagine my shock when my Q10 was deleting my emails off the device in syncing to the server. I tried email archiver for a day (frustrating, curious about the rave reviews since it seemed to miss a lot of emails). BB tech told me to make a file on my device and move emails I wanted to keep to that file (and make sure that file doesn't sync to server).

Low and behold I now have the answer, our good friends at Google. I added my work (pop) email account to a gmail account I set up for "work" - easy enough. Now when emails hit my work server they appear on my phone both under my work (pop) email address and my special gmail address for work. I delete off the server, the emails on my device under the work email sync and go away, but the emails remain in the inbox on the gmail account. I'm not aware of anything special I did while setting up the pop account in gmail. Anyways, I hadn't seen this solution on the forums so I wanted to pass along. Lovin BB10. Really.
    04-02-14 09:29 PM
    I don't understand. You want to be able to delete email off your phone but not your actual email account? New OS upgrade gives you that option just old BBs.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:52 PM
    No, I want emails to stay on my phone always until I delete them off. BB10 using active sync deletes them off the phone when they are removed from the server. The old BIS push service (BB7 and before) didn't behave that way. I understand if you're on an enterprise system it works differently, but for all of us "individual" users deleting off the server kills them off the phone. Except for the way I'm doing it (as far as I can see)
    04-02-14 10:02 PM