I almost cried. It was beautiful. And outshines any iPhone commercial I've seen. The ease of use portrayed and the beautiful features has to attract new users. Anyone else see this?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:42 PM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK and CarGuy1368 like this.
    07-01-13 09:01 PM
    I almost cried. It was beautiful. And outshines any iPhone commercial I've seen. The ease of use portrayed and the beautiful features has to attract new users. Anyone else see this?

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    07-01-13 09:05 PM
    Saw it too. It's Verizon's TV commercial.

Cranky
    07-01-13 09:08 PM
    Need to see more of these and Q10 also!!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:11 PM
    Scenario 1 -- What happens when they are in the store to look at it? They poke at the screen a few times and when nothing happens then they give up and walk away. This was described to me by a store clerk today when I was playing around with a Q10. BlackBerry didn't keep it simple for the masses and make it intuitive with a "dumb" button. Swipe may be the gimmick but if people can't get past the gimmick on the demos then it won't have much luck.

Scenario 2 -- Same store personnel tried to steer me away from the Q10 as soon as they saw me hovering over it. I noted that I wasn't interested in Apple or Android. They asked if there was a particular issue and I simply stated that I didn't want what everyone else had for a phone. I wanted something different.
    ----------------
    I should have quizzed them about why they thought other phones were better. I should have also asked them what they know about the Q10. If they don't have a clue about BB10 then they are misleading customers.
    Last edited by luddite2; 07-01-13 at 10:25 PM.
    07-01-13 09:18 PM
    Scenario 1 -- What happens when they are in the store to look at it? They poke at the screen a few times and when nothing happens then they give up and walk away. This was described to me by a store clerk today when I was playing around with a Q10. BlackBerry didn't keep it simple for the masses and make it intuitive with a "dumb" button. Swipe may be the gimmick but if people can't get past the gimmick on the demos then it won't have much luck.

Scenario 2 -- Same store personnel tried to steer me away from the Q10 as soon as they saw me hovering over it. I noted that I wasn't interested in Apple or Android. They asked if there was a particular issue and I simply stated that I didn't want what everyone else had for a phone. I wanted something different.
    ----------------
    I should have quizzed them about why they thought other phones were better and I should have asked them what they know about the Q10. If they don't have a clue about BB10 then they are misleading customers.
    You would have been severely disappointed! I knew way more about the phone than the rep!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    you mean the generic VZW commercial with the Q10 5 sec TV spot at the end...yea, it was tear jerker.
    07-01-13 10:55 PM
    I'll post the link. And no this specific commercial was a full 30 second clip only about the q10. It wasn't a generic commercial. It was fully focused on blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 11:07 PM
    Please do.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 11:09 PM
    Yes plz do..I am kinda like dieying to see it..lol
    07-01-13 11:47 PM
    This looks like a generic Q10 commercial with T-mobile pasted at the end. Does Verizon us the same one?

07-02-13 05:19 AM
    Yeah that's basically the same commercial. There might be one or two small frame differences but yes!!!! Criticize all you want. It puts the q10 in the spotlight for 30 seconds and gets its face out there. Any publicity like that can't hurt so why not be optimistic? Like I said, I enjoyed it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:01 AM
    While I appreciate a commercial that highlights this great phone, highlighting BBM doesn't make much sense since it will eventually be available on all platforms.

Posted via CB10

Edit: Have to clarify that I looked up a T-Mobile commercial and thought it was the same one, but this one is slightly different.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:11 AM
    A commercial that almost made you cry.

How ____ <- please fill in; best response will win a hammer smashed PB (Just kidding)
    07-02-13 10:17 AM
    You win the contest for how to be rude. My point was that the word about the q10 is getting publicity. In the entire floor of my office building (around 200 employees) in a 30 floor high rise, five only knew about the q10. Everyone else knew about the z but didn't even know blackberry had another smartphone out and when they played with mine they loved it.

Posted via CB10
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:28 AM
    I like it too. It does a nice job of conveying what makes the Q10 different from the rest of the pack.

As far as the BBM issue is concerned, I don't think many non-BlackBerry users would even notice. They would assume it was just plain old text messaging. I would have assumed the same a week ago before I got my q10 and joined the BlackBerry family for the first time.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:51 AM
    Yeah, I actually saw this last night for the first time, and for a second I was thinking "that looks like the Q10" so I stopped fast forwarding on the DVR and realized it was actually the Q10 I was a bit shocked... If anyone is wondering what time slot it was on I believe it was prime time sometime during The Bachelorette on ABC... Admitting that was painful
    07-02-13 10:51 AM
    Maybe they should change their slogan to "it's time"...

"It's time to get things done faster than before"
    "It's time to stand out from the crowd"
    "It's time to stop making typos on an onscreen keyboard" (that one might not work because it goes against the Z10)
    "It's time to have one of the fastest browsers on the market"
    "It's time to keep moving"

And have "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons playing in the background. Easily recognizable and good song.

Anyways, this is a great ad compared to the previous ones (not that it says much... but definitely a step in the right direction).

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:47 PM
    Should have asked the clerk why the demo phone wasn't in demo mode. I found it harder to get the phones out of the demo since I already knew how to use them, then looking at the demo. Wife and I had hit demo Z10 twice and I did a quick look at a Q10 demo last week before making my decision on a phone.
    07-02-13 05:28 PM