If anyone has any knowledge or information, please let me know as I am trying to learn a few things:

1: I am having an error that says "There was a connection problem. BlackBerry World must close." From what I read, I am supposed to re-download the application; however, when I go to BlackBerry it does not load. If anyone has information on what to do or where to go, please let me know.

2: Does anyone know if/how to program the middle button on the side? Is there any easier to way turn phone from vibrate to ring?

3: Are there any settings/apps or something to see the battery life percentage of the phone? I know we can go under settings but I was hoping for an easier way

4: Is there no visual voicemail on the Q10?

5: If anyone has any other information/hints/tips for new BB Q10 owners, I would love to hear them.

Thank You!
    Last edited by Jokerbites; 09-03-13 at 06:15 PM.
    09-03-13 05:48 PM
    1. A restart MIGHT address that connection issue. It may also be a WiFi thing; are you connecting through WiFi successfully for anything else?

2. While you can't program the middle button, if you hold down the DOWN volume button the notification volume will be decreased until it finally silences completely. You will see a little "toast" notification that confirms you've gone to vibrate.

3. There are many, many battery apps. One of the best is Battery Guru (search for it in BB World--pricey but worth it).

Welcome to the "Q crew"
    09-03-13 05:57 PM
    1. I have restarted and my WiFi seems to be working for internet and such.

2. Okay - When I lower the volume down all the way, it just goes down, no "toast" notification pops up?

3. I will keep that in mind (once I get this app world working)

4: Thanks!
    09-03-13 06:00 PM
    PS: My BlackBerry World App is working again
    09-03-13 06:14 PM
    PS: Is there a way to have visual voicemail on it?
    I don't have VV on my provider, so I don't know, but I get the impression its coming in 10.2 and its not in your current 10.1. The 10.2 beta threads definitely mention it.

As for changing vibrate/ring, the quickest it to swipe down from top, tap on "Notifications", and it should take you to the config screen. I believe after that, you can just press the bell icon and it will toggle without going to the config screen. I love this toggle and use it often. I normally go between silent and ringing. I just changed it to vibrate, and now the toggle is vibrate/ring. That's cool and should be what you are looking for.

I have a Z10, not Q10, but from what I can see, it seems that using keyboard shortcuts to get right to what you want seems to be a powerful feature for quick use.
    drewread likes this.
    09-03-13 06:28 PM
    Thank you for that Vibrate/Normal alteration - That is exactly what I was looking to do! I do not like adjusting the volume to make it silent. Going between the two is ideal, thank you

I appreciate that on the keys being shortcuts. I will look them up now.

Hmm, okay - I had iPhone before coming back to BB Q10 (Had BB in years prior) and had visual voicemail there so would be nice to have it here again.
    09-03-13 06:33 PM
    Isn't visual voicemail carrier dependent? I know I could have paid extra for it from Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 06:49 PM
    Again, I had Visual Voicemail from Sprint from my iPhone.

Just to make sure, Visual Voicemail IS when you can just click/tap on the message and listen to it instead of calling, listening to the automated system, etc. correct? That is how I previous had it unless its just different with Apple.
    09-03-13 06:55 PM
    The Q10 does have visual voicemail (I'm using it under T-mobile). Do you see a tab on your calls screen that says VVM? (should be @ top, on right)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 07:15 PM
    No I do not - On my call screen I see Voicemail on the top left and then three slots next to it that say Add Number. Below that I then have All/Missed Call Log and on the bottom my call history, contacts and number pad.
    09-03-13 07:31 PM
    If you don't find it in the 'get connected' part of setup, then I think a call to Sprint CS is in order.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:12 PM
    Okay, thank you.

Apparently another individual with Sprint on the Q10 does not have it either

Anyone else have thoughts on my issues? Also, any general tips/hints for new Q10 owners would be great!
    09-03-13 08:32 PM
    I too recently pick up the Q10 for sprint. I noticed it come with a sim card, does that mean it unlocked and can be used for other network?
    It pretty daring lasting 9 hrs on mod usage from a seal packaged battery
    09-03-13 11:17 PM
    Yours lasted 9 hours? I think I got about 4-5 hours on it (received it at 50%). I let it go to 0 and now bringing back up to 100% but I was heavily using it and was never off it.

Mine did not come with a sim card. I thought it did at first, but the slot is just white and I have 16 GB on the phone (unless that is wrong?).
    09-03-13 11:26 PM
    Yea got it open and activated @ 3pm...

It almost midnight... been on wifi for half the time and touchy 4G in Manhattan..

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:28 PM
    Very nice!

If you come across or know of anything new, let me know
    09-03-13 11:32 PM
    Just received mine from Sprint today too! Loving it! After using the Playbook for over a year, it was super easy to jump into the swipe gestures of BB10. I had a Tour from '09 - '11, but have been using the all-touch Torch 9850 for the past 2 years. I missed the physical keyboard of the Tour, that's why I chose the Q over the Z (had to switch carriers either way, I was on US Cellular) but it does take some time to readjust.

(long time reader, first post)
    09-03-13 11:45 PM
    Sprint doesn't have visual voice mail on the Q10. My friend side loaded Google voice on his Q10 and now he can read his voice and listen to it without dialing 1.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:01 AM
    Woohoo - Welcome to the Q10 world Its certainly a nice upgrade, I agree. The physical keyboard is what brought me back as well.

Ahh, well I hope Sprint changes that. I do not know anything about "side loading" anything :P
    09-04-13 12:26 AM
    No Sprint does not have visual voice mail for the Q10. this might be a deal breaker for me. considering returning it. i don't see why Blackberry couldn't ensure that their end product has all the features regardless of carrier. there are so many things that are carrier dependent, it's ridiculous. it's not like that for the iPhone. an iphone is pretty much an iphone, whether it's from Sprint or Verizon. If Blackberry can't control the product that their end user get's then they are basically letting carriers screw over their brand.
    09-12-13 03:52 PM