Bit angry to say the least.

Just bought a Q10 yesterday and it has a problem with the space bar, so I went back into store and they told me that it's extremely difficult to get a replacement as Phones4U are gradually phasing out the Q10 (she said the Z10 was already end of life) - They offered me an iPhone 5 or S4 instead.

For a phone that is only a few months old here in the UK and relatively new in the US, I find it hard to believe that it's already end of life.

Anyone heard anything simmilar?
    09-18-13 07:22 AM
    The ****?? End of life? Wtf are they smoking.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-18-13 07:27 AM
    Ouch.

The ONLY ads I saw on tv of BB10 were from Phones4u, and even then it was just them boasting about having exlusivity on the white Z10.

Just over half a year later, no z10 via their website:
    BlackBerry | BlackBerry Phone | Phones 4u

Q10 is next to go.

Brilliant.
    09-18-13 07:28 AM
    Bit angry to say the least.

Just bought a Q10 yesterday and it has a problem with the space bar, so I went back into store and they told me that it's extremely difficult to get a replacement as Phones4U are gradually phasing out the Q10 (she said the Z10 was already end of life) - They offered me an iPhone 5 or S4 instead.

For a phone that is only a few months old here in the UK and relatively new in the US, I find it hard to believe that it's already end of life.

Anyone heard anything simmilar?
    Until there is an announcement from a carrier saying specifically that such carrier is phasing out these devices, this is nothing more than someone's possibly flawed interpretation.

All it will do is create chaos.
    09-18-13 07:29 AM
    It isn't flawed, talked to 4 store managers and managers over the phone who confirmed they are not likely to get any more stock of the Q10 and Z10, maybe they're waiting for the Z30 or BB10 is up. Bit sad as I was enjoying BB10 before the space bar incident.
    09-18-13 07:31 AM
    It isn't flawed, talked to 4 store managers and managers over the phone who confirmed they are not likely to get any more stock of the Q10 and Z10, maybe they're waiting for the Z30 or BB10 is up. Bit sad as I was enjoying BB10 before the space bar incident.
    You said you bought the ******* thing yesterday...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:32 AM
    Yup. Just been into 4 stores in London and talked to their customer services team who passed me on to higher level support who confirmed that stock is at critical and unlikely to be replenished with the Q10 and Z10 - like I said, I don't know what this means, maybe they know the Z30 is coming, but nevertheless, I still find it hard to believe that the Q10, only a few months old, is now out of stock.
    09-18-13 07:35 AM
    Hmm... ok?? so this is still their fault for giving you a faulty Q10

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:38 AM
    Yeah, honestly speaking I actually want a Q10, I use an iPhone already and didn't want an Android phone. I'm hoping they can pull a Q10 out of another store out of London or something.

Thanks
    09-18-13 07:44 AM
    Phones4u website have still got the Q10 but not the Z10 just checked,so if there on the website they must have them in stock!
    09-18-13 11:28 AM
    You might want to call as many stores as possible and find out if they have it in stock and then pop in for your replacement, if you really want to keep it, its a great phone!
    09-18-13 11:38 AM
    I thought UK was still 20% BlackBerry users. How big is this Carrier? Is it a major player?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:41 AM
    Not looking good for BlackBerry, retailers already discontinuing bb10 phones.

Posted via Z10
    09-18-13 01:39 PM
    I got my Blackberry Q10 from phones 4 u around a month ago now at just 26 a month - free phone on EE (the most expensive carrier) and it's in white.

It would seem to confirm it and the sales reps were giving it a massive push as if to get rid of stock.

I would probably agree that 20 percent of phones in the UK are Blackberry - it seems to be 80 percent iPhone too. See more blackberry than top end android devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:33 PM
    Love the device but original OP, I would probably switch this for an iPhone 5 if you would be willing? It's in pretty much mint condition! Love my BlackBerry but all my friends use iphones and it is just easier to have an apple product (sadly)

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:34 PM
    This is why I always just buy my phone from the carriers directly.

I am dead certain that you should get a replacement one way or another!

Selling within the channel means that you keep the stuff available to your distributors and create the Top seller lists.
    Everything not on it is causing you problems in lower quantities....

This may well mean that BlackBerry is winding down production and has brought out the Z30 for the sole reason of contracts with suppliers.....

All those things are being orchestrated months in advance and you need to have your NDA in place to just hear about the rumour....

I just cannot believe how ridiculous this company is acting and throwing the towel so early.

Palm has been at least fighting until the end.

Was the last quarter truly so terrible?

All just speculation and we will hopefully be wiser on the 27th.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Warlack; 09-18-13 at 03:13 PM.
    09-18-13 02:39 PM
    So some genius at Phones4U has decided that the Z30 will be THE blackberry to have over the Z10 or Q10? That is just crazy......
    09-18-13 03:54 PM
    Yeah, honestly speaking I actually want a Q10, I use an iPhone already and didn't want an Android phone. I'm hoping they can pull a Q10 out of another store out of London or something.

Thanks
    TBH with you mate. I have used a lot of cellphones and i always comes back to the berries. I had the Z10 and i liked that one. But imo it lost a bit of the BlackBerry feeling without keyboard.

IMO the Q10 is one of the best devices out there right now. Its really superior with the possibility to sideload apps. I would make anything in my power to get one. My colleges has S4 and my fiance iphone 5. IMO are they rubbish in comparement. BTW. They cant text blindfolded . Hope everything is geting sorted out. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:35 PM
    Not looking good for BlackBerry, retailers already discontinuing bb10 phones.

Posted via Z10
    And that is real madness. If we look at iphone havent the UI change since the first generation.

BlackBerry is imo the only true manufacture. The BBX UI is the most revolutionary UI since Steve was ordering coffie from the first gen. Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-18-13 04:41 PM
    Just a quick update.

The Z10 and Q10 are now officially gone from Phones4U.
    09-30-13 07:13 AM
    I can understand z10 being phrased out but q10 too!?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:47 AM
    Same at CarPhone Warehouse as reported last week.
    09-30-13 08:05 AM
    Does this mean we're going to see a Q10 replacement fairly soon?
    09-30-13 09:18 AM
    I got an upgrade from phones4u 12th September, I asked for the Z10 and the assistant said ok then she said it had been phased out and offered me a HTC1 which I didn't want so I asked if I could get a Q10 for the same price, she asked her manager and he okayed it. So am not surprised they have stopped both.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 11:19 AM
    Just a quick update.

The Z10 and Q10 are now officially gone from Phones4U.
    Only got my Q10!! Hope vodafone donot stop supplying the Q10, if they did would I still receive software updates?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:39 PM
28 12