08-04-14 11:59 PM
41 12
tools
    May I ask all those that have left a Z10 for Q10 why you think it's a better device? I'm so tempted to do the same just wondering if it's just a z10 but dif size and physical keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 was great as an intro to bb10. However the battery was weak and build quality felt cheapish. Q10 is a solid build with premium feel. The keyboard is the best on the market and battery life is great. I'm a heavy emailer.....100+ daily and I usually have at least 25 precent left after being unplugged from 6am-11pm. I don't listen or watch media nor do I play games on my Q. Just email, messaging and browsing.

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 likes this.
    08-01-14 10:06 PM
    The Z10 was great as an intro to bb10. However the battery was weak and build quality felt cheapish. Q10 is a solid build with premium feel. The keyboard is the best on the market and battery life is great. I'm a heavy emailer.....100+ daily and I usually have at least 25 precent left after being unplugged from 6am-11pm. I don't listen or watch media nor do I play games on my Q. Just email, messaging and browsing.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. You may have just sealed the deal. Agree the Z10 quality does not feel the best and that is something I'm drawn to with Q10. You can't moan about a 6am to 11pm + battery life.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 04:14 AM
    May I ask all those that have left a Z10 for Q10 why you think it's a better device? I'm so tempted to do the same just wondering if it's just a z10 but dif size and physical keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard and battery can make quite a difference. Having the always-there keyboard is a game changer for myself, especially due to the instant actions as well as some handy shortcuts. Needless to say the whole feel of the keyboard is much better compared to that flat glass surface.

Battery performance is better, not only is the battery of the Q10 300mAH larger, the screen also is much smaller and the whole OS is quite optimized with dark themes for the AMOLED display.

Now I don't play many games nor watch many videos on the device, so the smaller screen doesn't bother me too much. It all depends on what you do with your device.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-02-14 04:31 AM
    Yeaa loving my keyboard!!
    08-02-14 05:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just bought a Q10 from a Z10 too. I had a 9900 before that and I guess I simply missed the physical keyboard, need better battery life and overall I want to be prepared for the Passport when it finally arrives. I'm not a gamer or movie watcher on small screens so the Q screen shouldn't be a problem (hopefully) ... also after about a year using the Z10, I'm still not fully used to typing on glass... can't wait for the slowest shipping service in the world (digital river) to finally get my white Q10!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:08 PM
    Got a Q10 the other week as a secondary phone, for work. Using a Note 3 as my primary phone, so I'm not really missing the smallish screen on the Q10. Also had the 9900 last year for about six months. Really enjoyed and missed that.

The keyboard on the Q10 is just top notch and makes me dread typing on my Note 3. The battery life is just way out of this world. I can go three days with no sweat with around 3 dozen sms and emails, and up to an hour or two of calls every day. Just stunning battery life that lasts probably 3 times longer than the 9900.

Can't be any happier with the Q10. Even with the smaller screen, I find myself doing all my email on my Q10 rather the humongous Note 3. For browsing and videos, though, I use and prefer the Note 3. But for messaging, email, social chats, calls, the Q10 is THE smartphone for me. I just ordered the extra battery bundle, because I'm planning on keeping this for at least two years. Unless the Passport seduces...

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 02:02 PM
    Been using mine for 2 weeks and best purchase I made in 4 years. I'm so happy about the switch back and super excited for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 02:17 PM
    Just got mine! So far quite happy with the looks of my White Q10

My only issue is how BAD it is to switch devices it's been hell trying to transfer my contacts, doesn't remember my favs, probably lost all liked contacts etc....

But hey I'm loving those clicky keys, getting my muscle memory back... thumbs already sore from typing lol

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:32 PM
    Is it really that bad? I thought it'd be easy with BlackBerry Link. My Q arrives today and I'll be doing all of that shortly

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-04-14 03:44 PM
    Is it really that bad? I thought it'd be easy with BlackBerry Link. My Q arrives today and I'll be doing all of that shortly

Envoy� par mon Z10
    Ur better off "switching devices" then doing from a restore. Don't know which way u plan on doing it. They would have to have the same OS and versions to do it via restore.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:49 PM
    If you have stuff in your password keeper save it to the SD. Them transfer it.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:50 PM
    Back last year I used "switch devices" in the first BB Link version to get my 9900 tranfered over to my Q10. Worked great, everything got moved over.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-04-14 04:50 PM
    The device switch only works when both devices you're switching between are both Blackberry phones, right?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-04-14 08:48 PM
    The device switch only works when both devices you're switching between are both Blackberry phones, right?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Yup... honestly, having done this, I really don't see any advantage doing the device switch process through Link.... Apps are not transferred, settings are not transferred, only media.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    08-04-14 09:04 PM
    Wifi profiles were not transferred...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 09:14 PM
    Just thought I would update everyone: I have my shiny new Q up and running and it is amazing. I cannot get over how much I am loving it. I also used the "Device Switch" on BlackBerry Link and it was very easy. It took longer than I would've liked, but it worked flawlessly. I'll keep the updates coming.

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-04-14 11:59 PM
41 12