Well title says it all. I have had every other android WM and, IOS device ATT, Sprint and Verizon has had to offer. Some time ago(7 years) I almost had a BB(8830) but it was beat out by the XV6700. Just ordered the Q10 and should arrive sometime next week. Coming from an iPhone 4S is there anything I should expect? Any advise anyone around here has for a BB virgin?
    04-10-14 02:07 PM
    Well title says it all. I have had every other android WM and, IOS device ATT, Sprint and Verizon has had to offer. Some time ago(7 years) I almost had a BB(8830) but it was beat out by the XV6700. Just ordered the Q10 and should arrive sometime next week. Coming from an iPhone 4S is there anything I should expect? Any advise anyone around here has for a BB virgin?
    Once you get 10.2.1 installed...expect greatness. Welcome to BB10.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-10-14 02:09 PM
    It's never too early to say 'welcome'! Since you have a bit of time to wait for your Q to arrive, spend as much time as you can poking around the forums! You'll probably want to try installing the latest OS onto your Q, so the leaks forums are good places to start reading, as well as the official OS forums. You'll find your BlackBerry to be a vastly different experience coming from iOS, and I think once you get comfortable you'll be glad you switched. You seen to have lots of cross-platform experience, so no doubt you'll pick up all the tips and tricks in no time! You'll also find lots of folks to help when you have questions or run into trouble.
    Again, welcome!
    04-10-14 02:12 PM
    Welcome. Your gonna love the Q10. I jumped ship from those devices as well most recently being the Note 3. The Q10 blows them all away IMHO and for my needs. Welcome let us know how you like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:38 PM
    Learn everything you can. YouTube.. BlackBerry site or here on CrackBerry. Give it a few days to get to know your phone.

BlackBerry support on youtube is good for info.

Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-10-14 06:45 PM
    Welcome aboard! First you have to install the latest OS. If your carrier doest offer try the official OS in a leak. I have a much better experience with the updated OS than when I first got my phone. Although you can sideload in Q10 some apps have a screen problem since most apps are not designed for 1:1 screen ratio but it does work tho(at least the ones I tried). The screen at first is a Lil awkward cos you might think who does a square screen in this time! You'll get use to it. If you need apps I recommend you sideload Snap. Snap is helpful when you need an android app that don't exist in BlackBerry World.
    Since you're coming from iOS and Android. It is somehow a different experience. I also came from iOS. There's a learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's a breeze and tapping the keyboard has its advantages than in touchscreen. Though many android and iOS fanatics thinks keyboard is so ancient. I'm betting can type much better especially if you're on the go.
    Enjoy your Q10 :-)

via Q10
    04-10-14 09:33 PM
    Thanks for all the love guys. I am very nervous but at the same time very excited. I'm not cutting the iOS cord yet. I still have my iPad. For Android I could never cut the cord completely my all time favorite phone(I still have it) is the Xperia Play. I do miss having a physical keyboard(Moto Q9c, Sidekicks, xv6700, Epic 4G, Palm Cento). This is the only reason I went with the Q10. Android keybord phones have been dead ever since the Epic 4G
    04-10-14 09:55 PM
    Ahoy! Welcome aboard! You'll definitely love your Q10; it'll be one of your best phones Just make sure to update the OS to 10.2.1 when you receive it. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:25 PM
    First, welcome to CB Nation. I have tried everything and always was coming back home - to BlackBerry. My latest experience with iOS lasted about an hour. I was bored and decided to activate my iPhone 5S. After 1 hour exactly, I re-activated my sim in BlackBerry Z30. When I miss the keyboard I use my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    nanda_s likes this.
    04-10-14 10:28 PM
    As all can see I got my BlackBerry a bit earlier than expected..... I like the UI and the simplicity of the hub..... but APPS are pretty non existent.... Then again I have been babied with the iPhone and there vast ecosystem.... I am however very curious about sideloading apks... this might help out some with some of my key apps from IOS

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:58 PM
    Look up and download Snap.

Posted with my Q
    04-11-14 04:02 PM
    As all can see I got my BlackBerry a bit earlier than expected..... I like the UI and the simplicity of the hub..... but APPS are pretty non existent.... Then again I have been babied with the iPhone and there vast ecosystem.... I am however very curious about sideloading apks... this might help out some with some of my key apps from IOS

Posted via CB10
    Once again welcome! You must get 10.2.1 OS update to enjoy the many apps. Coming from an iPhone not sure if Q10 might be or should be your first equipment back with BlackBerry since you are probably use to full screen. However, the Q10 is a very good phone enjoy. Get that software update.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by privateeyes; 04-12-14 at 12:39 AM.
    04-11-14 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you sideload SNAP, it acts as a 3rd party Google Play Store for you to download and install Android apps directly on your phone, so long as you have any OS version of 10.2.1.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    04-11-14 04:04 PM
    I've been reading into that... but ATT has yet to release the update for the Q10..... I've seen a few people unlock it and pop in a different carrier sim.... anything less invasive?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:10 PM
    I've been reading into that... but ATT has yet to release the update for the Q10..... I've seen a few people unlock it and pop in a different carrier sim.... anything less invasive?

Posted via CB10
    Use Sachesi to install 10.2.1.2674 and. Snap.
    04-11-14 04:30 PM
    I've gone from and iPhone 4S to a Q10 myself, and after a couple of days, I got used to it and much prefer the BlackBerry now. Make sure to side load Snap to get the apps, as that's the one glaring difference between Apple and BlackBerry.

I still find that the iPhone has a better overall camera and the screen quality is very nice, but like the BlackBerry for phone calls, massaging, battery life and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:40 PM
    Use Sachesi to install 10.2.1.2674 and. Snap.
    I have the AT&T BlackBerry Q10 is that still possible?
    US Q10 AT&T
    Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:04 PM
    Try to take in the basics of the gestures and user interface first. Shouldn't take very long. Then once you're comfortable with it, then install the essential apps you really really need to first. It'll make migrating to BB less cumbersome than it's portrayed by some.

The rest is up to you...enjoy.
    04-11-14 09:14 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry! You'll love the Q10!
    04-11-14 09:26 PM
    I have the AT&T BlackBerry Q10 is that still possible?
    US Q10 AT&T
    Posted via CB10
    Try this.

Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Up... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-11-14 09:30 PM
    Welcome to the BlackBerry family!!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:40 PM
    just updated to 10.2.who knows... restoring my settings and gonna get Snap installed
    04-11-14 09:46 PM
    If people with iPhone can't TXT your Q10, this is a known issue. You need to remove your phone number from an Apple web site. Search for it, there are a number of posts concerning that.

Posted using my Peerless BlackBerry Z30
    are you talking about iMessage? i was not aware of this....the vast majority of my family operate on iPhones
    04-11-14 09:48 PM
    just updated to 10.2.who knows... restoring my settings and gonna get Snap installed
    It takes about an hour for the OS to settle in. So don't be alarmed if it acts buggy.
    You can also download Amazon app store directly to your Q10.
    04-11-14 09:57 PM
    It takes about an hour for the OS to settle in. So don't be alarmed if it acts buggy.
    You can also download Amazon app store directly to your Q10.
    I bet if a poll were taken Snap would win best source of Android apps.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    04-11-14 11:25 PM
43 12