Hi, Just got a Q10 and would like to update it to latest os...When I connected it to my computer this morning it asked me to install blackberry Link and then it told me it will update my phone to 10.2.x since 10.3.x is out I would have expected it to update to the latest version. Do I need to install a leaked OS and change the vendor.xml file like I was doing on the my good old Bold 9900?
    03-13-15 02:43 PM
    Hi, Just got a Q10 and would like to update it to latest os...When I connected it to my computer this morning it asked me to install blackberry Link and then it told me it will update my phone to 10.2.x since 10.3.x is out I would have expected it to update to the latest version. Do I need to install a leaked OS and change the vendor.xml file like I was doing on the my good old Bold 9900?
    There is no changing the vendor.xml file for BB10.

Really depends on where you are, and if your carrier has issued an update (or pulled it). You can just install the latest leak .2558 and start enjoying...
    03-13-15 02:48 PM
    I'm in canada, my phone is with Telus but I'm with Koodo so unsure if I can get the update or not... Can I get any pointer on how to install the latest leaked OS in case the OTA is not available ?
    03-13-15 03:21 PM
    You can update using Sachesi very easily. a quick search of the forums will tell you how. Its super easy (I'm not very techy and I could do it without a problem). I updated my Q10 on verizon to 10.3.2267 using Sachesi a couple weeks ago and have no issues (beside the low call volume which everyone is complaining about)
    03-13-15 05:53 PM
    You can update using Sachesi very easily. a quick search of the forums will tell you how. Its super easy (I'm not very techy and I could do it without a problem). I updated my Q10 on verizon to 10.3.2267 using Sachesi a couple weeks ago and have no issues (beside the low call volume which everyone is complaining about)
    The low volume issue is a major issue when it comes to communication devices. Reason enough to not perform the upgrade that really isn't.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    03-13-15 08:04 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP, except I'm new to BlackBerrys.
    After getting my second hand Q10 unlocked from Telus I installed my SpeakOut SIM card and did a security wipe so I could see what a fresh Q10 looks like.
    After it did the wipe it told me there was a software update to 10.2.1.3062 which was what was already installed on the phone. I played the game and let it install the update...my "fresh" Q10 now has a handful of Rogers Apps loaded on to it, such as "Anyplace Live" "Suretap Wallet" "1 Number" etc etc. I plan to use SpeakOut when in Canada, T-Mobile when in the USA and giffgaff in the UK.
    How can I stop Providers from installing Crapware on my phone when I swap SIM cards?
    Also, if BlackBerry sell unlocked phones is it possible to get firmware updates directly from them and not have to wait for a Provider to release them?

Thank you for your patience. I'm not sure if I should post this here in the Q10 forum or the Rogers forum or even the BB10 forum???
    03-13-15 11:08 PM
    I have a Telus Q10 on Koodo. It got the latest update to 10.3.1 without any trouble. Notification volume is still good for me, but of course YMMV.

As for crapware, all I've been pushed is the self-serve app for managing my account.

Roam mobility is a nice option for travel to the US. There are some other good options discussed in the cell phones forum on redflagdeals.com

Sent from my Q10 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.
    03-13-15 11:22 PM
    Hi Shuswap,

Thanks for the reply.
    I read your OS7 without BIS guide last week when I was trying to figure out what was possible to do with a used 9900 that I had been given. It's what pushed me to go out and buy the used Q10. Thank you for taking the time to write the guide.

So you don't know of any way to stop the Provider from installing the Crapware?
    When did Koodo push out 10.3.1 to your phone?

I'll have a look at Roam Mobility because T-Mobile have changed their cheap ($10 for 365 days topup) pay as you go plan and so I see a change of provider happening soon.
    03-13-15 11:36 PM
    Hi Shuswap,

Thanks for the reply.

I read your OS7 without BIS guide last week when I was trying to figure out what was possible to do with a used 9900 that I had been given. It's what pushed me to go out and buy the used Q10. Thank you for taking the time to write the guide.

So you don't know of any way to stop the Provider from installing the Crapware?

When did Koodo push out 10.3.1 to your phone?

I'll have a look at Roam Mobility because T-Mobile have changed their cheap ($10 for 365 days topup) pay as you go plan and so I see a change of provider happening soon.
    I got the update a few days after it was released. Have you checked in settings > Software Update? I think someone may have said something about plugging the phone in too... I'm not sure.

The Koodo bloatware can just be deleted by the usual press and hold on the icon method. So it's not really a problem. I got some T-mobile bloatware when I was in the US on Roam, but it just disappeared when I came home. I'm sure it could have been uninstalled if I had cared enough.

A nice perk of Roam mobility is that the SIMS never expire.

Sent from my Q10 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.
    03-13-15 11:59 PM
    It just occurred to me that I saw a thread a couple of days ago, indicating that some Canadian carriers had pulled the update due to the bugs. So it may not be available OTA at this point.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-15 12:34 AM
    Stick with ten dot two dude

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:35 AM
    Well I wanted 10.3 to get the amazon app store so I used Sachesi to do a non-destructive update with Rogers 10.3.1, All sound seem much lower with the new OS, I tought it was in my mind but maybe not... Also some of the google app I wanted the more are not available in the amazon store so it doesn't really help me, is there any way to install the real google store?
    03-16-15 10:29 AM
    Yes. If you want to install the Play store, see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

There are other options as well. See this thread (everything in it should apply to 10.3.1): The best places to find Android apps for BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 | CrackBerry.com
    cividan likes this.
    03-16-15 10:40 PM
    I think a lot of the missing apps in the Amazon app store should reappear soon. I read somewhere that they just haven't been marked compatible for 10.3.1.

One more thing. If all else fails, there's always this way to get apks (see post #4): http://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-amazon-store-apk-files-f413/wow-i-think-i-found-best-way-find-apk-files-1005365/
    03-16-15 10:50 PM
    Thanks for all these link, I will definetely try and install the play store tonight.
    03-17-15 12:56 PM