Good Idea, though my list of what I like about it is actually shrinking again. I cannot get Blackberry Link to connect to it. I've uninstalled reinstalled twice. Booted and rebooted both PC and phone. I've even deleted the first install file that I download while using IE, and re-downloaded using FireFox. The first installation may not have connected to my phone but at least PrintToGo would work. Guess what? Now it doesn't work either!! I've re-entered the password, verified both are connected to same wifi (I only have one wifi....) but cannot get it to work.

I think I will start a "my personal pros and cons" thread. But I don't know all of them yet.
    Go to Settings > Storage and Access > Access using Wi-Fi (turn off); scroll down and turn USB Mass Storage off.

Also, make sure your Wi-Fi is off on the BB (should be on network connection);

Then, uninstall BB Link, restart comp. Battery pull. Install BB Link on computer again and make sure the settings are saved as above after your Q10 boots up. If so, try it then. If there is no avail, post back here.

EDIT: When you set up BB Link, set up using Windows Media Player instead of iTunes. It will still show all of your music from iTunes!!

Regards
    07-10-13 09:38 PM
    Same error: Cannot connect to device try reconnecting or reloading.....................

This really should not be so complicated. I should just be able to install and connect. Very irritating.

BTW I went to Verizon store today just to compare my screen brightness with display just incase I got a "dud". The guy told me they haven't sold any Q10's at all. Mine came via Fed Ex - not from the store. Very worrisome to me because I don't want BB to go under, I want them to improve and flourish so I can keep my physical keyboard LOL
    07-10-13 10:35 PM
    Good news is I figured out why PrintToGo wasn't working and now it is working. Yea!
    deezy87 and gashb3ll like this.
    07-10-13 10:43 PM
    Really interesting. I was dealing with the same problem and when I had given up all hope, it worked... I was like 0.0
    07-10-13 10:56 PM
    Just got a Q10 and loving it. I was never an old Blackberry OS7 user, but I love my Q10 and don't see myself going back to any other platform. I don't seem to have any of the problems you're mentioning. My only gripe is with the camera when I access it from the locked screen by holding the camera icon down for 3 seconds. Opens the app up fine, but it doesn't seem to give me access to the camera menu to switch to other camera modes. Please fix that BB.
    07-17-13 07:10 AM
    I just got my Q10 as my older 9780 developed display problems, and I can't say I'm loving the Q10. Yes, the new OS will take some getting used to, but it does feel too iPhone like for my taste

Where is the auto on/off function in OS 10, or is there one? Also, the screen sensitivity is poor, especially compared to the touch screen in my car. Is there any way to adjust it?
    07-17-13 09:07 AM
    i tried out a q10 for the first time yesterday in the Telstra shop in Perth Australia and i cant wait to get one as my work phone which is coming soon in all likelihood ... Ive got a Z10 as my personal phone and i almost threw it out the window serveral times in the first week i had it but after 2 weeks it grew on me and i really like bb10 now ... So when i picked up the Q10 there was no BB10 shock to deal with and i started using it straight away just like my Z10 ... BUT man its just like a 9900 but on steroids i so missed the physical keyboard and even after using it for only 5 minutes there is no question its better than the 9900 keyboard and i never thought id see the day ... ive got big hands and i struggled on the 9900 a touch but the 30% bigger keys on the Q10 are perfect
    07-20-13 01:24 AM
    I just got my Q10 as my older 9780 developed display problems, and I can't say I'm loving the Q10. Yes, the new OS will take some getting used to, but it does feel too iPhone like for my taste

Where is the auto on/off function in OS 10, or is there one? Also, the screen sensitivity is poor, especially compared to the touch screen in my car. Is there any way to adjust it?
    Don't know about the screen sensitivity, but auto on/off is coming in a future update. I'm finding screen sensitivity to be a non-issue, the temperature and dryness of my fingertips makes the screen more or less responsive.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 11:40 AM
    Don't know about the screen sensitivity, but auto on/off is coming in a future update. I'm finding screen sensitivity to be a non-issue, the temperature and dryness of my fingertips makes the screen more or less responsive.

Posted via CB10
    As it does with any other phone, my iPhone behaves the same way as my Q10
    07-20-13 12:51 PM
    Why you got the blackberry Q10 if you where coming from a blackberry torch which it have a big screen and a keyboard, maybe you chose the Q10 because it was touch like your torch and a keyboard like your torch but if you were already habituated to a big screen. I just want to tell you something y had a blackberry 9360 but read about the Z10 and the Q10 and I knew that the z10 was better. Just a opinion, sorry if i have bad spelling i am from Per.
    Saludos! From Per

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:21 PM
    I tried a Z10 in the store. Me and touch screen keyboards don't jive. That's why I got the Q10.

Silly me for thinking the fundamentals that made BlackBerry a BlackBerry would still be there on the new BlackBerry......

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    07-30-13 09:58 PM
    I tried a Z10 in the store. Me and touch screen keyboards don't jive. That's why I got the Q10.

Silly me for thinking the fundamentals that made BlackBerry a BlackBerry would still be there on the new BlackBerry......

I felt exactly like that until.....http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=833915

Posted via CBQ10
    07-30-13 10:56 PM
    Why you got the blackberry Q10 if you where coming from a blackberry torch which it have a big screen and a keyboard, maybe you chose the Q10 because it was touch like your torch and a keyboard like your torch but if you were already habituated to a big screen. I just want to tell you something y had a blackberry 9360 but read about the Z10 and the Q10 and I knew that the z10 was better. Just a opinion, sorry if i have bad spelling i am from Per.
    Saludos! From Per

Posted via CB10
    Dira que es algo a probar (Z10) ahora tengo ambos y te dira que el Z10 es otra cosa, pero el Q10 es ms para el diario trabajo no se si me entiendes...
    Saludos desde PR!!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:01 PM
    From the browser to text message it's 1 swipe.
    Upside down L / T
    07-31-13 07:40 PM
    I STILL can't copy & paste from a Web page. Sometimes I will manage to get the little highlight block w/ the two bubbles to come up but can NEVER get it to expand or shrink according to what I want to highlight.

Ex: today I went to a website looking for a phone #. Couldn't get it to highlight the whole number so I could paste & dial. I even tried it w/ a stylus & no can do.

Uuuuuggghhhhh!!

Simple stuff s/b SIMPLE!!!

07-31-13 09:31 PM
    omg the Birthdays on my Calendar are gone!!! Thanks. What f'ing annoying thing. Everyday is someone's birthday, I only want to wish it to a handful of close friends.

the poster (Rudy). Sorry to hear about your Q10. I was a big fan of the physical keyboard and had a Torch myself. Nice phone. But really the Z10 keyboard experience is an easy transition to a full touch screen phone. In fact, I would say it's as good and you get the full screen to read pages in what BB has called "Reader mode" which makes the fonts as clear and big as they can be to read. All the best.
    08-19-13 08:11 PM
    Thanks srzjumper. I am actually liking my Q now. I've got the .1323 leak which has corrected many issues I was having and I have gotten use to all the swiping to the point I keep trying to swipe my torch 9810 LOL.

Reader mode is great when it works, some of the sites I have been on the reader mode isn't compatible.

As soon as they add back the ability to create groups in my contacts (I have to text 90+ people every day so this is a must) and how to run ColorID headless (I rely on different LED colors for contacts heavily) and have the current temp show on my home screen I'll upgrade my Torch too.
    Thanks!
    08-22-13 09:16 PM
    If you look in your System Settings in the 10.2.0.1323 you'll see App Manager. Now by the looks of things, this could be possible [headless apps] with an official 10.2 OS, I don't know for sure.

As per the SMS [texting large amounts of people] I don't send much texts, again I hate to sound like a broken record, I'm sure something in the pipes with a solution to this, with a Gold 10.2 OS release [official]
    Last edited by sharma0702; 08-22-13 at 09:58 PM. Reason: more information needed
    08-22-13 09:53 PM
    I sure hope your right on both Sharma!!

08-22-13 10:51 PM
    Check you private messages.
    08-22-13 11:36 PM
    Dira que es algo a probar (Z10) ahora tengo ambos y te dira que el Z10 es otra cosa, pero el Q10 es ms para el diario trabajo no se si me entiendes...
    Saludos desde PR!!

Posted via CB10
    Tienes razon

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:08 PM
    It saddens me to hear you're hating your Q10.

I have to chime in because I started with a Curve 9300, graduated to a Torch 9800, and got my Q10 about 4 days ago.

The first day, I was lost. But one sleep, and I woke up much better able to navigate.

Old habits can die hard. But once broken, hopefully you'll find your Q10's new habits as endearing as I have.

"Peek" is absolutely terrific once you start using it!

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:16 PM
    It saddens me to hear you're hating your Q10.

I have to chime in because I started with a Curve 9300, graduated to a Torch 9800, and got my Q10 about 4 days ago.

The first day, I was lost. But one sleep, and I woke up much better able to navigate.

Old habits can die hard. But once broken, hopefully you'll find your Q10's new habits as endearing as I have.

"Peek" is absolutely terrific once you start using it!

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    I don't hate it anymore. I kept with it as so many encouraged me to do and now I really like it. There are still a few things that are just easier to do from my 9810 so I use it still, but I'm really close to upgrading it to a Q10 too. In fact I went yesterday to AT &T to do so but the wait was like 45 minutes. So I will probably order it over the phone.
    10-06-13 12:17 PM
198 ... 678