Hey guys, I couldn't resist the recent 100 off discount on shop BlackBerry and got a white Q10!

I might be crazy to do this now when the passport is almost here, but having used the Z10 for about a year now, I still miss a physical keyboard and I think this will allow me to be fully mastered in both BB10 Virtual and Physical Keyboards and this way when the passport comes out, I'll be SO freakin ready for it!!!

So hoping the Q10 will be awesome, will get it in a couple of days. Not sure anyone that has done a Z to Q transition could share any comments, suggestions, what to expect and avoid?

Anyways, will update as soon as� get my new baby!

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    07-27-14 07:30 PM
    The Q is a great phone, you might miss the screen, and i also found it hard to go back to a keyboard,
    07-27-14 07:40 PM
    I did the same. Love my Q and my frustration level went waaaaaaaaayyyy down

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:40 PM
    I might immediately miss the swiping back to delete function on the virtual keyboard :/

But I'm excited that it will be fully functional on the passport!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:42 PM
    I'm coming from a z10 as well you will find yourself tapping the screen for the keyboard to pop up till you realize hey I already have a keyboard. I'm not a big gamer but some games aren't playable on the q10. but I'm more than happy with it also the screen is really clear looks really good. I'm on the same boat as you couldn't wait for the passport had to curb my addiction.

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    ianbordas likes this.
    07-27-14 07:42 PM
    Bought the Q10 first. Love the PKB. Steep learning curve coming from a 9900.

Bought the Z10 after. I do not like typing on glass. Showed the Z and BB10 to my wife and she liked it so much she got rid of her S4.

Whatever you do load 10.2.1.xxx immediately, and then hope the release version of 10.3 drops in 4Q 2014.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 1 waiting for my Passport
    07-27-14 07:46 PM
    I'm coming from a z10 as well you will find yourself tapping the screen for the keyboard to pop up till you realize hey I already have a keyboard. I'm not a big gamer but some games aren't playable on the q10. but I'm more than happy with it also the screen is really clear looks really good. I'm on the same boat as you couldn't wait for the passport had to curb my addiction.

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    Lol! I'm sure it will happen to me. I'm definitely not a gamer. I'm a email typer, Bbm chatter, whatsyuck talker, etc. I need a phone that does communication first, then some entertainment.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:47 PM
    I'm with you on that communication first. The most entertaining I'll do is listen to music on the train ride and play a few games aside from that I don't watch movies on it or try and play call of duty on it that's what consoles are for. After you get used to it you'll be typing out words like you didn't think you could.

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    07-27-14 07:52 PM
    Hey guys, I couldn't resist the recent 100 off discount on shop BlackBerry and got a white Q10!

I might be crazy to do this now when the passport is almost here, but having used the Z10 for about a year now, I still miss a physical keyboard and I think this will allow me to be fully mastered in both BB10 Virtual and Physical Keyboards and this way when the passport comes out, I'll be SO freakin ready for it!!!

So hoping the Q10 will be awesome, will get it in a couple of days. Not sure anyone that has done a Z to Q transition could share any comments, suggestions, what to expect and avoid?

Anyways, will update as soon as� get my new baby!

Posted via CB10
    I did this too a few months ago. For maybe a few minutes, you'll start to feel weird that the gestures you've used on the Z10 don't work on the keyboard. The swipe left to delete a whole word was pretty cool. You'll also have to take a few days to learn how to not miss the bottom bezel target to go back to the active frames and vice versa. Some apps you used to use on the taller device may act or look bizarre because your screen is now square. You might be bothered by the action bar disappearing when you scroll down, requiring you to scroll up to see it again. You might even begin to accidentally use the old keyboard commands on the legacy BlackBerry OS (e.g., Alt + LGLG, Alt + Shift + Del). I had set all of my legacy devices to use a shortcut key to open apps (e.g., N for Browser, C for Calendar) and those don't work on the Q10 since you're left with a quick search instead.

But then you'll realise that you can type so much better on a physical keyboard. You'll also find that the battery life dramatically exceeds the Z10. I particularly love that laying on my side in bed and replying to an email or browsing the web is less annoying since I don't have to "lock orientation" anymore. You'll also notice that it's a lot faster and smoother overall, and possibly understand the utility of the quick search, with commands that let you immediately post to Facebook, send email and SMS, etc. Finally, you'll remember how great the keys are when using shortcuts in the hub, thus making your life a hell of a lot easier than on the Z10.

Overall, I love my Q10 and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands, or give me a BlackBerry Classic (or Passport?) to get me to let go of it. Haha I think you will like it too.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    hlg8888 and ianbordas like this.
    07-27-14 07:54 PM
    Oh crap l, I'm a bit nervous now ! Lol but won't give up. I'll go through my learning curve, let's see how long it takes.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:05 PM
    Guys what about hold shift + swipe over a word to select... Does this work on the Q?

And what about Ctrl C and Ctrl V? I would hope so...

Is there a Q10 keyboard shortcuts guide somewhere I can look at?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:09 PM
    I did the same as you! Last Friday my q10 came and have to say it kills the z10 in terms of functionality and battery. this is the ultimate blackberry after the 9900

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:19 PM
    You're going to love the Q10 and going to be happy you're switching. The one thing I miss from the Z10 is one handed typing which was a breeze with the predictive swiping up of words.

Guys what about hold shift + swipe over a word to select... Does this work on the Q?
    Yes.

And what about Ctrl C and Ctrl V? I would hope so...
    No, but I hope it will with 10.3

N for Next and P for Previous work in lists, emails, Facebook, etc.
    T will take you to the Top. B to go to the Bottom. This works great in the browser and other areas.
    ianbordas likes this.
    07-27-14 09:47 PM
    I never had a full touch Blackberry, but I came from a Note 3. The screen size is obviously an adjustment, but the Q10 is better in every way:
    It's faster. It's smoother. It always gets connection. And the keyboard, baby... I have yet to get a single typo, I fly on this thing.
    The battery life beats the snot out of the Z10 from what I've heard.
    I think you'll enjoy it a lot.
    riss89 and hlg8888 like this.
    07-27-14 09:58 PM
    Welcome to Q land!
    07-28-14 09:40 AM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 09:42 AM

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    Coming from the z10 too, this always happens to me, I select a textbox and I wait like 5 seconds for the virtual keyboard to pop up just to remember I have a physical one lol

Posted via CB10 on my awesome SQN100-2
    07-28-14 10:04 AM
    Just got mine today!! Damn it took forever!! So far IN LOVE with this keyboard! Still trying to wake up my finger muscles but I'm sure in a few days it will be just fine.

Phone transfer process through LINK just SUCKS btw...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 08:42 PM
    Just did the exact same thing today! Traded my Z for a Q and am loving every minute of it! The keyboard is epic!

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-04-14 11:37 PM
    Want to make this move also but im really worried about the double typing issue. :/
    08-08-14 08:37 PM
    I am a little nervous too. How have people resolved the double typing issue?

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-09-14 12:31 AM
    I think the newer batch of q10's are already free from the double typing issue. I'm just not sure of the mfg date. Does anyone know about this?
    08-09-14 03:24 AM
    Want to make this move also but im really worried about the double typing issue. :/
    I got my new White Q10 a week ago and I'm enjoying it very much. Still in a bit of a learning curve, but happy about battery life and some of the unique keyboard shortcuts which I missed from my 9900 NO double typing here.

Just bought a Q10 (from a Z10) ...-img-20140804-wa000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 06:35 AM
    Can you confirm the sub-model #? Is it RFP121LW? I'm thinking about ordering one now that they are $279.30, but I need LTE for T-Mobile.
    08-11-14 08:46 PM
    Can you confirm the sub-model #? Is it RFP121LW? I'm thinking about ordering one now that they are $279.30, but I need LTE for T-Mobile.
    if ur looking for the q10 i believe u need model # sqn100-5

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-11-14 09:12 PM
28 12