After one carrier here in Israel decided to cut the price to 350$ I decided to pick one up, I really wanted a new compact device, the Z10 is good, but not qwerty.
    The Q10 looks very good, and I don't really miss the trackpad that much.
    I hope that BlackBerry would start to price their device in a competitive way.
    Needless to say that BlackBerry is almost gone over here...

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and farmer nic like this.
    09-13-14 02:54 AM
    Wow is that us$?
    09-13-14 05:03 AM
    In Israel there is a 30% tax on any cell phone or tablet, last year I paid 750$ for the Z10 and this is what you pay for a new S5 right now,
    Any new iphone costs about 1000-1100 $
    And everyone keeps getting them...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:19 AM
    Just bought mine in the UK on an EE contract. I came from a curve 9320. Regards

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:38 AM
    I have used the Q5 as a loaner and my Q10. They are both great qwerty phones. Is the Q5 available there?
    09-13-14 07:50 AM
    Itai,

I ordered a Q 10 on Friday, and hope to have it early next week.
    I paid $329 AUD including express shipping which is roughly $295 USD. I think it's a reasonable price considering what we pay here in Australia for outright purchases.

A lot of phone makers do exclusive deals so there's zero competition. The Q10 is currently available on an exclusive deal with a retailer here for.... $685 AUD or $ $630 USD if you like! Yeah, I know, wow.

The only way to buy at a reasonable price is to order from overseas. The trick is to ensure the model has the correct band to suit the local conditions. For example, I can't buy a phone from the US as it wont work here.

Your reasoning for getting one is similar to mine.

Hope the phone is all that you expect and more.

Nic
    Last edited by farmer nic; 09-13-14 at 10:50 PM.
    09-13-14 10:40 PM
    Thank's

The device feels quite good, and the keyboard is great, people thinks i'm crazy to use this device, but when they see how compact it is they get the idea

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 12:26 AM
    Congrats on getting the Q10. Very good functional phone that I plan on using for years to come.

I still take out my Bold with the toolbelt to play around with but like you said, don't miss the trackpad since getting used to the Q10. The Classic will take care of those people that still want it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:21 AM
    Just got the white hard shell for my black Q, and the phone looks amazing...

I recommend

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:24 PM
    I got mine for 1 cent in Amazon. Two year upgrade though lol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-16-14 01:14 AM
    Wow is that us$?
    I can't remember when I didn't have a BlackBerry. My Q10 arrived a few days ago. I love the keyboard and the touch screen was a plus. It looks classy and comfy in my small hand. I'm an eBay veteran; usually do the "Buy It Now" but this was a 24 hour auction. It was New, other, if you were not 100% satisfied or even had buyer remorse, you could return it and they would pay the shipping. It was $167.50 my second (back up) Q10 arrived a day later it was $187. I have not seen any BlackBerry's in any of phone outlets or retail stores. Claiming BlackBerry is not going out of business blah blah nor do I know anyone who has a Q10. I live in Idaho. These phones are from CA - New other only means they were handled or turned on by possible buyers. These phones were for T-Mobile only; I assume because of their falling out with BlackBerry, T-Mobile removed all BBs. Hence the seller was able to buy them in bulk but w/out a T-Mobile micro sim card. I went to T-Mobile outlet I didn't mention BlackBerry; they just activated the card with my number and gave it to me- Free. Free because I had to wait almost 30 minutes after they were close. Being a long busy day for him, he wanted to go home too. Sorry so long
    Last edited by IslandGalPal; 09-16-14 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Had no title
    09-16-14 01:27 AM
    There is not much out there that is so much better than a Q10. Enjoy your Q10!!
    09-16-14 01:35 AM
    Nice Story...
    It's nice too see that I'm not the only BlackBerry fanatic...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 01:45 AM
    Itai,

I paid $329 AUD including express shipping which is roughly $295 USD. I think it's a reasonable price considering what we pay here in Australia for outright purchases.

A lot of phone makers do exclusive deals so there's zero competition. The Q10 is currently available on an exclusive deal with a retailer here for.... $685 AUD or $ $630 USD if you like! Yeah, I know, wow.

The only way to buy at a reasonable price is to order from overseas. The trick is to ensure the model has the correct band to suit the local conditions. For example, I can't buy a phone from the US as it wont work here.

Nic
    Hi Nic,

What site did you buy your Q10 from if you don't mind me asking (fellow Aussie here).
    09-16-14 02:54 AM
    Cheapest I found was from
    android-enjoyed.com
    $270 + postage

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:19 AM
    Android-enjoyed $270

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:22 AM
    Itai,

Nic
    I was just yesterday check price in kogan au and it's 299 aud black one with 2 year warranty

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:49 AM
    Oh! Right! Welcome to " OBLIVION "

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-18-14 12:12 PM
    Coming from the 9930, I thought the Q10 screen is a major improvement. Loving my Q10.

Posted via Q10
    09-18-14 04:48 PM
    Lol yeh,
    Coming from an old 8520, I think you can understand how mindblowed I was by the phone when I bought it.

It was more than a year ago and im still in love with this little thing

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:44 PM
    Lol yeh,
    Coming from an old 8520, I think you can understand how mindblowed I was by the phone when I bought it.

It was more than a year ago and im still in love with this little thing

Posted via CB10
    Can relate. I came from a 9900 last year and just got a new Q10. I'm not missing the trackpad or toolbelt. BB10 was just staggeringly better.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:33 AM
    Can relate. I came from a 9900 last year and just got a new Q10. I'm not missing the trackpad or toolbelt. BB10 was just staggeringly better.

Posted via CB10
    I came from the 99xx. I thought it was going to be a difficult transition but it wasn't that bad at all. BB10 is truly underrated.

Posted via Q10
    09-19-14 11:58 PM
    Agreed, well engineered device and truly capable.
    09-20-14 01:35 PM
    Sorry for the delay, been bush (and I mean bush - as an Aussie would describe it - a la 800km drive and no cars on a dirt road type bush)

I got mine from eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au

They sent me a Middle East Arabic edition which has english letters and arabic letters. I complained and they refunded my shipping. Its ok but at night the backlight highlights the arabic characters (coloured orange to differentiate from the english letter), which makes a little hard to distinguish.

I have ordered a replacement keyboard which should increase the size of the english letters. I would certainly ask what region a blackberry comes from before buying on line again. My friends have used mobicity which I think is now yantango or such like. Others regard clove.co.uk highly. (I worked with a guy that bought all his tech gear there).

Again sorry for the delayed response.

Sincerely,
    Nic
    10-10-14 01:18 AM
    Itai, Did you buy the Q5? great device for me. use it at Work.
    10-11-14 08:15 AM
39 12