And still, those god damn air bubbles.

CB10 on the Q10

Fudge this I give up.
    09-20-14 07:29 PM
    I always ask the staff wherever I buy them to put them on for me. Theyre usually pretty good with it and if they ruin them they replace them. Otherwise, but I have the sale problem as you.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:30 PM
    I just work the air bubbles to the edges if at all possible. That way it doesn't bother me as much

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:32 PM
    are you using a credit card to apply it?
    09-20-14 09:57 PM
    When you put it on, start from on side of the phone and slowly put it on. Difficult to explain, but I never get air bubbles

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 09:59 PM
    There is a trick to that. Your best bet is to watch a YouTube video and see exactly how they manage to do it. Oh and being in a room without dust particles helps a lot too.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    09-20-14 10:02 PM
    You can reuse them, you know. Just peel it off, rinse in water and try again. Even if it's not completely dry, just use a credit card to squeeze out the tiny droplets/air bubbles and be sure they don't seep into the phone/speaker. I spend close to half an hour with about 3 attempts whenever I do mine.

As long as you haven't creased them or scratched them, you can try again and again. Just make sure you have the right side facing up.
    09-20-14 10:21 PM
    Don't worry i once wasted 5 of them before i could get it really perfectly. By that time my palm pre's touch screen started misbehaving because of so much pressing and sliding off bubbles etc !

Just remember that you need to be in a dust free room and stop any fans/blowers which may be moving air around.
    Then wipe the phone LCD multiple times and check fanatically if there is even one speck of dirt (tilt the phone to reflect light off the screen and see from all angles.) Bubbles invariably have a single speck of dirt in their center. If there's no speck of dirt then the bubbles can be moved off to the edge and then it'll disappear.

Once you have peeled the sticker you can't let it sit around as it will attract a few specks of dirt. So before peeling just keep it on top of the phone and check how you will align it and sort of do a mock practice.

Then peel it and align it from one end and start pressing it lightly to the LCD from one diagonal edge. Usually it will just fall in place without bubbles but don't let go of the other end till you can remove any bubbles forming and progressively stick it down.

Yup, definitely difficult to explain. See youtube videos like the earlier poster commented.
    09-21-14 12:11 AM
    are you using a credit card to apply it?
    No, I usually pay cash .....

Posted via CB10 with my Z30
    topherparker and ziggy3055 like this.
    09-21-14 12:16 AM
    No, I usually pay cash .....

Posted via CB10 with my Z30
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:13 AM
    I turn the shower on to hot in my bathroom with the door shut and then apply the screen protector after cleaning the screen. I also use a credit card to smooth out any bubbles.
    09-21-14 01:42 AM
    I've also way put a tiny drop of soap into a glass of water. Then I put a flew flicks of water on the protector and apply. Then holding the phone with a paper towel I just work the water out with a credit card. The paper town grabs the water which acts as a lubricant to help the screen lay flat. I've done dozens of phones this way with zero issue. Otherwise spend an extra buck and get an invisible shield type protector which is far more flexible and doesn't get bubbles above the dust particles like the cheaper PET ones.
    09-21-14 01:49 AM
    Get a tempered glass protector and you want have any air bubble issues.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z30
    ami.one likes this.
    09-21-14 03:04 AM

This.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:06 AM
    I never use any screen protectors or cases. I recommend keeping a separate pocket for your Q10 so it doesn't rub up against your keys or other sharp objects. Also, try hard not to drop it! I've only dropped my phone on a hard surface once in the past 5 months. Get used to holding your phone with a death grip.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    09-21-14 03:44 AM

I've installed my first tempered glass protector three days ago and I can't agree more. Since more than ten years I've been using screen protectors for all my phones. Yet the tempered glass one simply amazed me. Installation was the easiest yet (of course you still need to make sure there is no dust/dirt on the screen!), the original glass feeling is still there plus it is by far less prone to fingerprints than I imagined.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-21-14 05:10 AM