Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    You are kinda right. The circuit design is fine as is holding the buttons. The problem was some of the initial keyboards had the silver cups in the image below not centered properly. All the keyboards I have see that have the double typing have the cups offset in some of the keys.

Attachment 316014

The REV 1 keyboard has the identical design, but all the cups are centered perfectly and because of that they feel firmer as they are functioning as designed.
    Just wanted to say how great I think it is that you got in there, found the problem, and documented it to this extent. It's great to know there was a reason for it. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-22-14 12:40 AM
    I have yet to be charged for anything to be fixed at an apple store.

Not saying they are perfect the antenna gate thing was handled poorly at first.

I am not by any means an apple fan boy. I am not one that thinks their products are vastly superior because of the logo. I do, however, find their customer service to be second to none. I have said before anything can have issues what is important to me is how the company handles it and stands behind their product.

Posted via CB10
    I agree on this - even just from the standpoint of having a specified place I can go and they can fix it right there. They take about as much hassle and confusion out of the whole process as is possible. If I have a problem, head to the Apple Store, problem solved (in all of my experiences).

When my Q10 keyboard went I got nowhere with BlackBerry, and of course with Verizon you're waiting for phones to be shipped, then shipping one out yourself, etc.

I guess you could say that BlackBerry doesn't hold your hand. You have to be much more proactive and look into things yourself, whereas Apple coddles us.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:48 AM
    The only way to fix a keyboard problem is to replace the keyboard. I did some research on the part and only the earliest phones have the issue and Blackberry fixed the problem. I have been able to take apart some keyboards and did find the issue. As I said, the only way to fix is to replace the keyboard. All never phones have the newer keyboard. I have not seen any keyboard have a problem if they are REV 1 versions. The only way to know when buying is to take they apart and you don't want to do that. Replacement keyboards are cheap and it isn't that hard to replace the keyboard.
    what means newer model? From what date of manufacture was changed by Blackberry keyboard?
    My phone is only 1 week old, but as the date of production is 160713.
    11-22-14 02:24 AM
    If Blackberry had 138 billion in cash, they could have the same service.
    Maybe it's the other way round: they have $138 billion because they have that level of service.....
    11-22-14 03:23 AM
    Maybe it's the other way round: they have $138 billion because they have that level of service.....
    I think this is the correct way to look at it. I feel if you treat your customers right then they are more likely to look to you first next time the need a product. It's that way for my family -- our experience w/ the phone was so good when we needed a tablet apple was the first company we looked at (I tried the playbook as well) same when we needed a new desktop.

Also, word of mouth is still very powerful (maybe more w/ all the outlets we have). If consumers continue to hear good things about customer service they may be inclined to give the company a chance.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 05:30 AM
    If Blackberry had 138 billion in cash, they could have the same service.
    I think the good service (and other goodwill factors) eventually earned Apple that much money :-)
    11-22-14 06:08 AM
    Sorry! That must suck! I haven't had this problem. I do not know where mine was made it is a 4 though. My carrier is sprint. Before buying my Q I had people tell me about that double type issue so that was the one thing that made me hesitant to buy it. But I ended up trading in my Note2 for it and have no regrets! I really hope you find a solution. The Q really is a work horse! I just hope the pkb gets more attention because BlackBerry has always been known for the best kbs so we'll see! Good luck!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    onlyblackberry and petervon like this.
    11-22-14 08:14 AM
    This look so "BOSS"
    11-22-14 08:35 AM
    I am just about ready to chuck my Q10 out the window. Truly have had enough of this sticky key/double type issue. I've read post after post regarding this issue and it seems as though there is no solution. Before you jump on me, I do not want to risk taking apart my phone and replacing the keyboard. It is a risky process and it is not definite that the problem will go away (according to the posts that I have read).

Now, it seems that my only other option is to buy an iPhone (just kidding). I would like to get to the bottom of this - it seems that some people have this issue and some don't. Simple as that. So, what I would like to know is where everyones Q10 is from. Mine is made in MEXICO 5 and it has a serious double type issue. Especially with the 0 button. I stick with Blackberry because of the keyboard, honestly, and if they cant even get that right, I mean, wtf?

So, if you guys can be kind enough to tell me where your phone is made and if it has the double typing problem or not. If I see some kind of pattern, we can conclude that maybe it was just a bad batch coming from this specific place and we can avoid buying them.

Thanks for your time.
    I had to replace 2 brand new q10s (in a months time span)cause of dd typn. Loss of 300$ and this my third one. It doesn't matter as I had all made in Mexico 5 n 6 n made in canada if I am not mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:36 AM
    There is little risk to replacing Q10 keyboard yourself.

For $10 you can have a new keyboard for your Q10.

Why not just fix it instead of spending energy complaining about it? After all, it is a known issue with a known fix. Simple.

Good luck.
    Replacing should be an option not a necessity. Why the duck can't BlackBerry look into this high time bloody hell.

Posted via CB10
    onlyblackberry likes this.
    11-22-14 08:38 AM
    I am just about ready to chuck my Q10 out the window.

...I do not want to risk taking apart my phone and replacing the keyboard. It is a risky process and it is not definite that the problem will go away (according to the posts that I have read).
    I'm just taking a guess here, but I would think that chucking your Q10 out the window would be a waaaaay more risky process than replacing the keyboard, and for sure, 100% guaranteed, not definite that the problem will go away.
    11-22-14 09:04 AM
    I wonder how you guys keep discussing issue that have been solved several months ago.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

If you read this topic you will find out that my q10 was bought this year 2014. So it is not only about first released phones. Also I have got a new spare keyboard. And it was faulty from the moment I installed it. So the new keyboard doesn't guarantee anything. Its just 50/50 unfortunately.
    There is a cure. Those who fixed the keyboard don't have any issues again. As I did. I don't have those issues at all. And I'm enjoying my fabulous Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ilmizi; 11-22-14 at 05:00 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-22-14 09:28 AM
    OP, I'm jumpin' in and skipped at the end of page 1, the thread was boring.

You obviously have two three solutions.

1/ You can make it repair under guarantee; call the store/carrier where you bought it and claim (insist !) for it. Even if your waranty is over, if this has bee identified by the seller as a genuine factory default, you might still be eligible. Contact BlackBerry about this matter too if it fails.

2/ You can try ilsimi's hardware fix : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

3/ If you can't get it repaired under guarantee and don't want to pay for (I'm not sure but we may talk about a $50 repair) then have some (cautious) fun (say 1 hour) and DIY. There's a video here that explains how to do it :
    Note : Q10 KB I saw elsewhere on the web were cheaper than $24, but I won't list them here (google is your friend) by due repect to the editor of the tutorial.

Hope it helps,
    I hope most stopped crying after page 1.

SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-22-14 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Yup, I should have scrolled to the last post lol
    jpvj, ilmizi and onlyblackberry like this.
    11-22-14 11:41 AM
    i had to replace my phone 5 times.
    11-22-14 12:24 PM
    Me and a friend got our Q10s at the same time, theirs from T-Mobile and mine from Verizon. pretty much at launch in the U.S. , neither of us have the double typing issue, though my friend did have an issue every time they set the phone down it would restart due to the battery shifting. It was covered under warranty. This post may not help, but it may show that not all the phones have this problem.
    11-22-14 01:39 PM
    just had both my Q10's replaced by Blackberry. Contact them directly and they will replace
    11-22-14 04:06 PM
    just had both my Q10's replaced by Blackberry. Contact them directly and they will replace
    Refreshing to hear -- were you within the 1 year warranty or passed it? Any cost?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:45 PM
    This double typing issue hhas me looking at the Z30 and it's on sale I just can't justify having 2 phones ugh contracts
    11-22-14 07:34 PM
    I am currently using a BlackBerry Q10 so obviously I like the products the company puts out. I also have had a 8703e, 8320, 8820, 9000, 9800 and 9900. So I would say that I have a good bit of loyalty to BlackBerry. Oh and the debacles that were the storm and playbook. I have tried other phones and always came back so I don't bash blackberry. And I was speaking more in terms of tablets and laptops (and spouses phone) with apple earning our business.

I don't understand why when someone points out that the company should fix an issue that approx 70% of CB Q10 owners have experienced you get **** hurt.

I respect that you like the brand -- however, a company should stand behind the product they put out.

Posted via CB10
    They have fixed the issue... what do you thing Rev 1 is?...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:55 AM
    They have fixed the issue... what do you thing Rev 1 is?...

Posted via CB10
    If they have fixed it why do people with 2014 models still have issues?

I don't understand why ppl get so defensive -- you didn't build the phones.

I have just stated if a customer has one with issues then BlackBerry should replace it (up to 2 yrs since it's a known issue) and provide the service if out of warranty for a price. If they do that I am happy.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:06 AM
    If they have fixed it why do people with 2014 models still have issues?

I don't understand why ppl get so defensive -- you didn't build the phones.

I have just stated if a customer has one with issues then BlackBerry should replace it (up to 2 yrs since it's a known issue) and provide the service if out of warranty for a price. If they do that I am happy.

Posted via CB10
    Defensive? Not just annoyed. If I had a hardware problem with my smartphone I wouldn't be wasting time in a forum hoping for magic to happen. If you didn't even contact them or attempt to take the suggestions already posted 1000 times it's your loss.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 11:49 AM
    I haven't even had an issue on mine and I have stated that a few times. I am hoping BlackBerry can make a real comeback. I like the brand and the more companies that have success push innovation and design forward.

I just believe that customer service is sometimes overlooked as a reason people go with a company. I would like to see BlackBerry provide top notch customer service when known issues like this happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 02:01 PM
    I think still might be a tad high for probability of failure. When I worked at a machine shop I was expected to hold a 95% production rate. Meaning 5 scrapped parts for every 100 produced. Now I work in finance and am expected to hold 97% for all transactions processed. Would it be unfair to expect BlackBerry to hold that type of standard? I understand not everyone who owns a Q10 participated in the CB poll -- but ~70% of people polled had an issue. Do you think BlackBerry should not extend the warranty to at least 2 yrs since this is a known issue?
    Posted via CB10
    So for all the Q10's released, what percentage have the problem. And not just those on CB. If you took the 5 scrapped parts and polled those you would have 100% failure. And a forum is mostly about finding solutions to problems so it is really skewed. So when you can give what percentage of all Q10 that have the problem, then we can talk.
    11-23-14 02:40 PM
    So for all the Q10's released, what percentage have the problem. And not just those on CB. If you took the 5 scrapped parts and polled those you would have 100% failure. And a forum is mostly about finding solutions to problems so it is really skewed. So when you can give what percentage of all Q10 that have the problem, then we can talk.
    Do you really think that BlackBerry would release those numbers? I understand how forums work. People will complain more than they will give credit. So perception is that it happens to big enough amount of users for it to be a known issue.

I haven't had it happen to me. I have had great luck with this amazing device so far. What I did state is that I hope that BlackBerry would stand up and fix this issue. And extend the warranty to 2 yrs since this is a known issue. Or I would be happy if they would replace the KB for a price if outside of that time frame.

I am a supporter of the company and want them to succeed. As such I would like to be able to brag about them having top notch customer service.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 02:54 PM
    I can understand the frustration. I am on my third Q. All have had issues. And I have replaced keyboards. AND all I know who have a Q have had issues, as I have stated elsewhere, and all those people state their friends have issues.

If I was not a Premium member with my carrier, that they send cake and wine for my birthday, among other perks, I would not have had the assistance. But, my experience with BB has been terrible. Although I know my carrier will look after me, I have also, as a COO with a F500 group, taken the time to test BB's service. That is logging calls and emails before warranty expires. I have had ONE reply - that is speak deal with the carrier.

To date terrible service. There is no other way to describe the lack of service. To be fair, I think this is due to being in a survival mode, and perhaps due to the old mindset of selling phones to carriers and letting carries be forward facing to end users. Nonetheless, the world has changed, as shown by Apple. I think it critical, if BB is to survive and grow, that it provide better service, be pro-active and create a service network.

Notwithstanding the above, I am a devoted user and will continue to use the phones. More importantly, I will continue to promote and recommend: yet I would like to do so without caveats.

Those in Crackberry are not the typical user and as such, we should not judge others for wanting what Apple now provides, as an example, at their retail outlets. The average person is not going to disassemble their phone. And frankly for BB to leave their brand equity and reputation in the hands of Verizon, ATT, Vodafone, etc, is an incredible risk. Only BB can truly appreciate the commitment, the importance and the value of their brand. Carriers see BB only as a commodity.
    11-23-14 10:22 PM
121 12345