you give Apple too much credit.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:06 PM
    you give Apple too much credit.

Posted via CB10
    As I have stated -- I can only speak to what I have read/heard and my own personal experience. I draw 90% of my information from my direct dealings w/ apple.

However, in the future I will bite my tongue before I mention apple again. It seems to really bother people. So again, I hope BlackBerry has customer service on par with chick-fil-a.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 01:00 PM
    As I have stated -- I can only speak to what I have read/heard and my own personal experience. I draw 90% of my information from my direct dealings w/ apple.

However, in the future I will bite my tongue before I mention apple again. It seems to really bother people. So again, I hope BlackBerry has customer service on par with chick-fil-a.

Posted via CB10
    Chick-fil-A calls you if you have a problem without contacting them?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:46 PM
    Chick-fil-A calls you if you have a problem without contacting them?

Posted via CB10
    Nope -- but experiences like playfoot is one that I am hoping to not hear about.

I have always stated that I hope they have good customer service. Shouldn't we all hope that?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:20 PM
    Where is a reputable place to buy a replacement keyboard?
    etradesupply.com. I bought a mic for my Z10 from there after getting a bad one from an eBay seller. etradesupply says they test everything. The mic I got was well packaged. And it works.
    11-27-14 04:45 PM

that is one sexy beast
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-12-14 02:37 AM
    mine mexico 5...doesn't have any keyboard problems....
    If you can't change the keyboards by yourself...go to the service center...
    your problem can be solve just by change the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 05:32 AM
    I did the exact same thing you did. The Q10 now looks n feels friggin awesome!
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-12-14 05:54 AM
    I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal with this double typing issue. It happens everyone and then is so minute that I don't get it. (and believe me I do "get" throwing your phone out the window as my iphone 6 I cracked in half and spit on it within 48 hours)

Just a simple fix. You send a text.. before typing the next message in the same thread.. delete the word that appears from the prior message.. this can be a simple (delete delete) for a 2 letter word.. no?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:49 AM
    Difference here being that if you have this issue apple will replace the phone. Although, you should sit on your phone that's asking for trouble -- sitting on a 5.5 inch screen phone is hardly the same as typing on your physical keyboard.

I just wish BlackBerry customer service was as good as apple's.

Posted via CB10
    No they won't that "maltreatment of the device" or "user caused damaged"

Its exactly like apple shipping a phone with an antenna fault that causes it to hang up the call when you touch it or hold it like you would a normal phone
    12-13-14 06:00 AM
    It's not under warranty, what company offer to fix your product past warranty time frame? None!

Posted via CB10
    Er...Apple fixed my brother's broken power key on his iPhone 4S a couple of months ago for free in store, that phone was a 2 year old hand me down that looked like it was put through a wood chipper.

Another friends dog ate her Bose headphones this week, over the ear model, and Bose is repairing the headphones for the cost of shipping. She owned those for 2+ years.

So yes, company's surely can and do fix things out of warranty. It's called good customer service.

Fyi, since it's AGAIN mentioned, I'm starting to wonder what I need to do to bend my 6+ because 3 months of heavy most caseless use and it's refusing to bend. Not sure why pictures of bent iPhones are in a thread about double typing Q10's but keep on keeping on, CB.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-13-14 at 06:58 AM.
    12-13-14 06:38 AM
    I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal with this double typing issue. It happens everyone and then is so minute that I don't get it. (and believe me I do "get" throwing your phone out the window as my iphone 6 I cracked in half and spit on it within 48 hours)

Just a simple fix. You send a text.. before typing the next message in the same thread.. delete the word that appears from the prior message.. this can be a simple (delete delete) for a 2 letter word.. no?

Posted via CB10
    No.

If you've seen some of the examples of the severity of this issue, you would understand why it's not so simple as having to edit everything you type.

Not sure what the point of the anecdote about cracking and spitting was. Congrats? I guess? Or something?
    12-13-14 06:49 AM
    Sir toyota and BlackBerry are two very very different things I think we both will agree to that. Toyota could kill BlackBerry key pad won't.

Posted via CB10
    Sure it could!

Double typing person gets angry, throws Q10 out of 35th story window in frustration, where it falls and hits some poor innocent sidewalk passer by in the head, causing them to wander into traffic while confusedly trying to figure out where the hell the phone that just brained them came from, where they get schmucked by a city bus.

See? Double typing keypads. The silent killer.
    12-13-14 07:02 AM
    I ordered a replacement keyboard on ebay last week, and I had it installed today. I'm gonna apologize in advance for not taking pics of the info that I am about to share. I love this keyboard and the keys are very firm and clicky. It is a Rev: 1. The W, E, R, S and D keys all have some type of characters on them.. I believe they may be Arabic but I am not sure. Anyway, I want to talk about how the old keyboard looked when I took it apart. All of the keys that had the double typing issue were off-center just like some of the other posts mentioned. They also did not feel as firm as this one. All in all, I would say that for $4.95 for a free keyboard, and $39 to have it professionally installed, I would say it's worth it. The only reason I did not do it myself is because I did not have the tools and I did not want to risk damaging my phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 03:44 PM
    I did some Q10 here I think around 75 double type issue replace keyboard Done.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:00 PM
    I happened to be in a Telus location last Thursday and found that their technician had keyboards in stock for a cost of $25.00, installation $35.00 plus tax. Unfortunately with the luck I have, I now have the fourth replacement keyboard in my Q10. Well that isn't really true, I have a new Q10 due to the motherboard breaking while he had it apart. Now I have my Q10 and my old Q10 for parts.

Posted using my Q10 running 10.2.3062 (thankfully)
    02-24-15 02:20 PM
    Just for 0giggles 0and 0those 0who 0dont beleiv0e 0me 0 0 0this 0is 0the 0problem 0that 0my 0phone 0is diseased 0with 0 0yes 0disgusting 0i 0know 0 0especi0ally 0when 0i 0bought 0this 0phone 0to 0type e0mails 0using 0the 0keyboard 0 0im 0going 0to s0top 0now 0bec0ause 0i 0think 0ive 0made 0my 0point 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0(all 0those 0z0eros 0at 0the e0nd 0are 0rom 0me 0pressing 0the 0spac0e bar to put in a period. Seems as though the problem is spreading ac0ross the phone. Sometimes it works fine and other times its a nightmare (as you c0an see above). I did not edit this, just kept typing.

Hopefully you c0an understand my disappointment with black0berry and the q10.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like an encrypted message to me. Maybe it's a security feature?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:38 PM
    My issue is 100 percent resolved. I got it replaced in Calgary and all is good.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:22 PM
    I feel your pain... My Q started doing it about a month ago and it's driving me crazy!

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    02-24-15 08:24 PM
    You're typing it wrong.
    03-04-15 07:16 AM
    I got my Q10 soon after they were released. So, I had it almost two years when I started to experience the double type issue.

Between the predictive typing and the auto correct, it wasn't a big deal, but as the OP said, it bothered me.

Now the good news. At the time the problem reared its ugly head, I became eligible for an upgrade. So I took the plunge and got the Z10. The typing experience is even better because of the Z10's more advanced predictive typing experience. It's actually better than the Q10's. I say this and I'm a big fan of the physical keyboard. Uhhmmm...bye bye physical keyboard!

My advice...if you're absolutely stuck on the Q10, then get a new one or get a Classic if they're available by you. Better yet, get a Z10. After about a day or so, you won't be sorry you did.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:15 PM
121 ... 345