Do you really think that BlackBerry would release those numbers? I understand how forums work. People will complain more than they will give credit. So perception is that it happens to big enough amount of users for it to be a known issue.
    Posted via CB10
    Perception is not reality and you admit that you don't know the scope of the problem. Blackberry has from what I have read on the forums, replaced all those phones that had typing errors when the phone was under warranty and the person reported the problem. Enough said.
    11-23-14 11:23 PM
    I can understand the frustration. I am on my third Q. All have had issues. And I have replaced keyboards. AND all I know who have a Q have had issues, as I have stated elsewhere, and all those people state their friends have issues.
    I can understand the frustration of people who have had issues. My wife had the problem. But for all the people I know who had the Q10, only two had the double typing issue and this was after the warranty period expired. All other people I know are still using the phone since the release with no issues. So instead of complaining about the issue, I got the keyboards replaced for about 20$ and a few minutes of my time. Much better use of my time.
    11-23-14 11:28 PM
    I've had 4 Q10's and none have had this issue. Additionally I don't know anyone with this issue. I have both a work issued and personal Q10 now. I've had them in black and white. I feel bad for those who have this terrible problem, but it simply isn't something I've seen or have personally dealt with.

Back to the Berry...like riding a bicycle.
    11-24-14 12:02 AM
    I've had 4 Q10's and none have had this issue. Additionally I don't know anyone with this issue. I have both a work issued and personal Q10 now. I've had them in black and white. I feel bad for those who have this terrible problem, but it simply isn't something I've seen or have personally dealt with.

It seems that only phone manufactured by certain factories would have this problem. That's why if you don't have the problem, others around you will probably not have it and vice versa. I'm in the UK and no problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 04:29 AM
    Perception is not reality and you admit that you don't know the scope of the problem. Blackberry has from what I have read on the forums, replaced all those phones that had typing errors when the phone was under warranty and the person reported the problem. Enough said.
    Playfoot just stated the only way to describe BlackBerry customer was terrible.

This is the issue that I think needs addressed. Blackberry needs to take care of the customers that stayed with them. I know issues will creep up. The important thing to me is how the company stands behind the products (provides good customer service).

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:35 AM
    I can understand the frustration of people who have had issues. My wife had the problem. But for all the people I know who had the Q10, only two had the double typing issue and this was after the warranty period expired. All other people I know are still using the phone since the release with no issues. So instead of complaining about the issue, I got the keyboards replaced for about 20$ and a few minutes of my time. Much better use of my time.
    This line of thinking is flawed -- the company should fix issues like this. Following your logic toyota should have never recalled their cars that had issues with the breaks because the end user could have fixed it (or paid to have it fixed).

Posted via CB10
    servandohv likes this.
    11-24-14 09:40 AM

Sir pls be kind engh to tell us which factory ones don't have the dddd typn issuess. It will hhelp aallll. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:49 AM
    Just for 0giggles 0and 0those 0who 0dont beleiv0e 0me 0 0 0this 0is 0the 0problem 0that 0my 0phone 0is diseased 0with 0 0yes 0disgusting 0i 0know 0 0especi0ally 0when 0i 0bought 0this 0phone 0to 0type e0mails 0using 0the 0keyboard 0 0im 0going 0to s0top 0now 0bec0ause 0i 0think 0ive 0made 0my 0point 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0(all 0those 0z0eros 0at 0the e0nd 0are 0rom 0me 0pressing 0the 0spac0e bar to put in a period. Seems as though the problem is spreading ac0ross the phone. Sometimes it works fine and other times its a nightmare (as you c0an see above). I did not edit this, just kept typing.

Hopefully you c0an understand my disappointment with black0berry and the q10.

Posted via CB10
    Man I am really sorry about this, but I just can't help but laugh from this post. This is just so funny and I can imagine you probably swearing while typing. LOL

Anyway, I got mine from my carrier (Globe PH) and I think you're right, you probably just got a defective phone and if you still have the warranty you can easily have it replaced. I think that's the best solution for you and if not just hang in there, someone will probably figure this out.
    11-24-14 02:15 PM
    She is one lucky woman! This is awesome!
    11-24-14 02:38 PM
    Go with the Q5, it's a great phone.

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    11-24-14 03:00 PM
    Sir pls be kind engh to tell us which factory ones don't have the dddd typn issuess. It will hhelp aallll. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    All of my Q10's both work and personal have been the following:

Verizon Wireless
    BBSQN100-2
    Made in Mexico 5
    for BlackBerry Canada

Hope that helps.
    11-24-14 09:42 PM
    This line of thinking is flawed -- the company should fix issues like this. Following your logic toyota should have never recalled their cars that had issues with the breaks because the end user could have fixed it (or paid to have it fixed).

Posted via CB10
    I think you are over reacting. Comparing a problem that could kill someone vs double typing on the keyboard is a reach. I am still waiting to hear from you how wide spread the problem is. How about how many people got their phone/replaced by Blackberry while under warranty? OK, now how many people had double typing outside the warranty period? You are making this a capital case when you don't even know the scope of the problem.
    11-24-14 10:39 PM
    I think you are over reacting. Comparing a problem that could kill someone vs double typing on the keyboard is a reach. I am still waiting to hear from you how wide spread the problem is. How about how many people got their phone/replaced by Blackberry while under warranty? OK, now how many people had double typing outside the warranty period? You are making this a capital case when you don't even know the scope of the problem.
    First, Yes it is no where close to the level of seriousness -- I was just using a recall to make a point. That's the first one that popped in my head.

Second, I have in my posts said the following:
    A. I have not had a problem w/ my Q10 and really like the brand.
    B. I think BlackBerry should extend the warranty period to 2 yrs as its a known issue. (if it isn't widespread this wouldn't make a difference anyway)
    C. Experiences like Playfoot had should never happen. BlackBerry needs to stand behind their product.
    D. I would like to see blackberry have the level of customer service that apple does.
    E. This is not something the end user should have to fix.

I don't know why anything said along those lines would be taken as I am bashing BlackBerry. I just simply think as a company that has been struggling customer service should be a priority.

I am not an apple fanboy but I applaud their customer service. The bendgate thing was probably over blown. However, I guarantee that if you walk into an apple store with a bent iphone 6 plus (used normally) that they would fix or replace the phone at no cost.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:54 AM
    We still don't know how big the problem is.

How many people had double typing issues after the warranty period ran out? Unless you have that number, you can't make a judgement of what the resolution should be.
    11-25-14 06:59 AM
    Dbl post -- phone went haywire
    Attached Thumbnails I've truly had enough...need some information from my fellow Q10 users. (RE:DOUBLE TYPE ISSUE)-img_20141124_172324.png  
    11-25-14 08:05 AM
    Multi-post -- sorry guys
    11-25-14 08:06 AM
    [QUOTE=l_jack;11109951][QUOTE=l_jack;11109949]Apple said they were made aware of 3 issues with bending -- 3!

I guarantee that if you walked in with a bent phone they would fix or replace it. Even if the actual number was 300 it would be a less than 1% defective rate for them. The point being they would fix the phone regardless of how many it happened to.

And the REV-1 keyboard was BlackBerry's fix right? So they know of the issue and changed the design -- so why not extend the warranty to 2 yrs for the keyboard?

I am not on here bashing BlackBerry -- I have just stated I hope their customer service for this issue is top notch. That's it. And if you read through the comments some ppl have had bad experiences. That shouldn't happen.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:06 AM
    Bottom line is BlackBerry has neglected their customers. The prior models (9900, ect) exhibited the double typing issue, they didn't address this when developing the Q10, their hail-mary device to save the company. When I gave up on the Q10, there was no real fix, replacement keyboards and devices were developing double typing as well. It was the people on this forum that figured the problem out, not BlackBerry! BlackBerry has still not said anything about the issue. As much as I love BlackBerry and BB10, I will not support a company that behaves like this.
    11-25-14 08:46 AM
    Bottom line is BlackBerry has neglected their customers. The prior models (9900, ect) exhibited the double typing issue, they didn't address this when developing the Q10, their hail-mary device to save the company. When I gave up on the Q10, there was no real fix, replacement keyboards and devices were developing double typing as well. It was the people on this forum that figured the problem out, not BlackBerry! BlackBerry has still not said anything about the issue. As much as I love BlackBerry and BB10, I will not support a company that behaves like this.
    ^^ this is why I have the view point that I do.

I understand people like the brand ( I do as well) but the company has to be held accountable. We shouldn't jump to their defense or say things like "fix it yourself and stop crying on a forum".

Either way I will use the Q10 and enjoy it -- and hope if I have issues hopefully blackBerry steps up.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:06 AM
    [QUOTE=l_jack;11109953][QUOTE=l_jack;11109951]
    Apple said they were made aware of 3 issues with bending -- 3!

I guarantee that if you walked in with a bent phone they would fix or replace it. Even if the actual number was 300 it would be a less than 1% defective rate for them. The point being they would fix the phone regardless of how many it happened to.

And the REV-1 keyboard was BlackBerry's fix right? So they know of the issue and changed the design -- so why not extend the warranty to 2 yrs for the keyboard?

I am not on here bashing BlackBerry -- I have just stated I hope their customer service for this issue is top notch. That's it. And if you read through the comments some ppl have had bad experiences. That shouldn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    Posted via CB10
    And you believe Apple when they said there were only three with bending issues, when they are video of dozens and dozens of bent ones. How about the memory problems with 128GB iPhone 6's that Apple denies? How about the 2011 Apple MacBook Pros which owners have to do a class action suit to get Apple to admit there was a problem. Why do Apple owners have to sue Apple to get their MacBook Pros fixed?
    raino likes this.
    11-25-14 10:21 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;11110312][QUOTE=l_jack;11109953]

And you believe Apple when they said there were only three with bending issues, when they are video of dozens and dozens of bent ones. How about the memory problems with 128GB iPhone 6's that Apple denies? How about the 2011 Apple MacBook Pros which owners have to do a class action suit to get Apple to admit there was a problem. Why do Apple owners have to sue Apple to get their MacBook Pros fixed?
    No I don't believe it was only 3 -- I actually would guess the number to be a decent amount higher than that. But I am sure apple will replace the phone if the ppl go to the apple store.

As for the memory issue w/ 128gb 6 plus. I read it's not memory related and apple may do a recall on the phones.

2011 macbooks there are a good amount of reports saying apple replaced the logic boards. Still they should issue a recall.

I can only speak from my experience and what I have read/heard -- but apple seems to be pretty good about customer service. And I used them just because it's the same market. I am also impressed with chick-fil-a, glock, disney, emerson knives and Oakley customer service.

So if it makes you feel better I hope blackberry has customer service that matches chick-fil-a. Since using apple makes your feel a certain way.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:50 AM
    Sir toyota and BlackBerry are two very very different things I think we both will agree to that. Toyota could kill BlackBerry key pad won't.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:58 AM
    Sir toyota and BlackBerry are two very very different things I think we both will agree to that. Toyota could kill BlackBerry key pad won't.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree -- I stated it because it was the first non tech recall that popped in my head. Obviously it's not even close in severity. I was just stating that a car manufacture recall could be treated the same as some CB user view the keyboard. Why should the company replace it when the end user can.

Sorry if my comment was taken literally -- this was obviously an exaggeration. I guess I have to remember text does not show inflection or sarcasm as well.

Again, I am not bashing BlackBerry -- just stated how important customer is to me. It's the one thing that is completely controllable and will increase a company's probability for success.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 07:20 AM
    To those who replaced their keyboard:

Can you provide a link to the place you bought it from?
    Tool kit link as well.

Yes, I know a simple Google search would get me this answer, but I'd like to buy from a place that has been tested by one of our own.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 09:23 AM
    To those who replaced their keyboard:

Can you provide a link to the place you bought it from?
    Tool kit link as well.

Yes, I know a simple Google search would get me this answer, but I'd like to buy from a place that has been tested by one of our own.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'd like to know too. Specifically in Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 08:07 PM
121 ... 2345