In my experience yes. I can't speak of course for every customer or every apple store. Wife had a 3gs out of warranty and the replaced a home button for her free of cost. They also replaced her iphone 5 battery for free on a recall even though hers wasn't having any real issues. It was a known problem and they stepped up.

Not saying the company is perfect but so far the have earned our family's business because of the customer service.

Posted via CB10
    So, you're just here to trash and bash BlackBerry then?
    11-21-14 02:22 PM
    So, you're just here to trash and bash BlackBerry then?
    I am currently using a BlackBerry Q10 so obviously I like the products the company puts out. I also have had a 8703e, 8320, 8820, 9000, 9800 and 9900. So I would say that I have a good bit of loyalty to BlackBerry. Oh and the debacles that were the storm and playbook. I have tried other phones and always came back so I don't bash blackberry. And I was speaking more in terms of tablets and laptops (and spouses phone) with apple earning our business.

I don't understand why when someone points out that the company should fix an issue that approx 70% of CB Q10 owners have experienced you get **** hurt.

I respect that you like the brand -- however, a company should stand behind the product they put out.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 02:31 PM
    Yes iJack with 70ish posts. What ever you say.
    I also don't see how the number of posts a person has adds or subtracts from the validity of their statement. Like my posts of CB ultimately determine my life experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 02:45 PM
    I don't understand why when someone points out that the company should fix an issue that approx 70% of CB Q10 owners have experienced you get **** hurt.

I respect that you like the brand -- however, a company should stand behind the product they put out.
    Posted via CB10
    Yes. But exaggerating the problem doesn't help. We have had many Q10s in our company, and I know of many more friends and family that have them. I have only seen a couple with the double typing problem. So it isn't as big a problem as you make it out to be. And knowing the QB forum and any forum in general, you will get people trying to find solutions to problems. Of all the people I know who have Blackberries and it is quite a few, not a single one reads CB. SO the numbers are skewed.
    southlander likes this.
    11-21-14 02:52 PM
    Yes. But exaggerating the problem doesn't help. We have had many Q10s in our company, and I know of many more friends and family that have them. I have only seen a couple with the double typing problem. So it isn't as big a problem as you make it out to be. And knowing the QB forum and any forum in general, you will get people trying to find solutions to problems. Of all the people I know who have Blackberries and it is quite a few, not a single one reads CB. SO the numbers are skewed.
    I understand that -- I know people post more about problems than good experience.

I was just referring to this being a known issue. In my opinion BlackBerry should fix it for up to 2 yrs (standard cell contract) because of this.

I have had great luck with mine so far and if I run into problems I am hoping BlackBerry will step up. If not I will buy a unlocked 9790 and keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 02:58 PM
    Maybe a little off topic but my double typing issues have disappeared since I down loaded the latest 10.31 leak. Could be a coincidence but I don't think so. It was never all that frequent but I did have issues from time to time but now it doesn't happen at all. Sorry if this isn't where I should've posted this.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 03:22 PM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1151.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 03:23 PM
    Sorry to say this first: i did not read all the comments, but as a Ex-Blackberry repair employee, i can tell you: CHANGE KEYBOARD.

After reading all kind of forums, topics, watching Youtube video's about this. Talking to contacts BlackBerry, i know this is a HARDWARE issue. The first load of Q10 (not even depending country of manufacturing). This issue is do to the Dome Layer under the keyboard. I use a Q10 made in Mexico. Got it 1-2 weeks after launch/release. So i know for sure i got the one with Double Type issue, and YES after 4-5 months i got Double type on O,P,Q,W and the alt key.

After first thinking (like most of us) it was maybe a OS issue i reloaded the factory OS and still got the issue. Then i order a brand new keyboard for my Q10, and took a old keyboard of my 9900.

I open up my Q10 and replace the keyboard with the new one.

And open up the 9900 keyboard, and my double type Q10 keyboard i found out the metal dome's where lose inside the Q10 keyboard assembly. Then i took the dome overlayer of the 9900 and the Q10 one and cut the 9900 that it looks like the one for Q10.

Then tweezers. And copy the metal dome's one by one to the "clone Q10 overlayer". WHY i did this, just to test if it was the dome overlayer.

I put back this OLD keyboard in my Q10, and up to 3-4months no issue, i replace it with the brand new keyboard, and keep my old one i case the new one get double type.

So to say, find a good youtube tutorial video, and buy keyboard and replace it. Is the only thing that solve this issue or get it replace with new device.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-21-14 03:48 PM
    I'm in Vancouver BC bought mine June 2013 built in Mexico.

I got the issue after several months. Its nowhere near as bad as yours. Every once in a while a key will register twice. It can be any key and occur at any time. Didn't get a single double type for this post, but it does happen.

Your case is unbearable. Like others have said, check if its under warranty, or otherwise replace the keyboard. I'm getting the Classic so I don't plan on doing either.

The horrible implementation of auto-text is more irritating for me on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 03:50 PM
    Where is a reputable place to buy a replacement keyboard?
    11-21-14 05:06 PM
    Where is a reputable place to buy a replacement keyboard?
    I just bought mine on eBay. Found a seller with a good rep.
    11-21-14 06:04 PM
    Yes. If it is under warranty, they should fix this. If it is out of warranty, what should the OP do?
    They should fix it whether it's under warranty or not. Of course you should expect to pay more for out of warranty units. This is based on where I'm from, though. Much better to have an authorized service center fix it rather than bringing it to some fly-by-night repair shop.

Posted from a D618
    11-21-14 07:31 PM
    I am just about ready to chuck my Q10 out the window. Truly have had enough of this sticky key/double type issue. I've read post after post regarding this issue and it seems as though there is no solution.
    Solution:

BlackBerry Black Z30 - ShopBlackBerry.com
    11-21-14 07:34 PM
    They should fix it whether it's under warranty or not. Of course you should expect to pay more for out of warranty units. This is based on where I'm from, though. Much better to have an authorized service center fix it rather than bringing it to some fly-by-night repair shop.

Posted from a D618
    So the customer will have to pay to get it fixed when out of warranty. I agree.
    11-21-14 07:37 PM

Posted from a D618
    This^

I would be happy to pay for shipping, parts and like $10 for labor. If it's out of warranty it would be a good deal for BlackBerry to change it out and cover the new parts under warranty for a year.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 07:39 PM
    This should be BlackBerry"s concern, not the customer's. Not everyone has the technical skills to fix their own phone, specially if it's a known issue.

Posted from a D618
    One year warranty, if it's within the time frame send it back, if not your out of luck. No company extends warranty beyond the specified time frame.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:10 PM
    There is little effort for Blackberry to ship a device with a decent quality keyboard but they do not because people like you that tell the users should fix it. This issue is widespread but as usual they turn a deaf ear.
    It's not under warranty, what company offer to fix your product past warranty time frame? None!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:14 PM
    Difference here being that if you have this issue apple will replace the phone. Although, you should sit on your phone that's asking for trouble -- sitting on a 5.5 inch screen phone is hardly the same as typing on your physical keyboard.

I just wish BlackBerry customer service was as good as apple's.

Posted via CB10
    Sure take your iPhone for service after the warranty is over, just make sure your wallet has cold hard cash!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:18 PM
    In my experience yes. I can't speak of course for every customer or every apple store. Wife had a 3gs out of warranty and the replaced a home button for her free of cost. They also replaced her iphone 5 battery for free on a recall even though hers wasn't having any real issues. It was a known problem and they stepped up.

Not saying the company is perfect but so far the have earned our family's business because of the customer service.

Posted via CB10
    Hey maybe you should post the store location to help other I phone users in your city.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:22 PM
    I would normally agree with the argument that the warrantee period is final, but the defective keyboard issue on Mexico manufactured Q10's is different. The issue appears widespread enough to support an argument for gross negligence or improper quality testing.

I have been a longtime blackberry keyboard model user, but considered getting a full touch model for the screen real-estate. Ultimately a crackberry article on battery life convinced me to go Q10.

I got 3 back-to-back bad keyboard Q10's over my first 6 months as a Q10 owner. Luckily, the failures were under corporate warrantee and were replaced. Each lasted only 2 months before keyboards failed.

I love the product design and OS10, but I couldn't very well evangelize to my BlackBerry naysayer coworkers about the superior communications experience of my BlackBerry while constantly having to replace my device.

The 4th one has been good for eight months now, but I still find myself trying to baby the keyboard. Definitely NOT the indestructible workhorse keyboard quality I came to expect from prior BlackBerry models!

I hope and pray that the passport keyboard quality control is better than the Q10. Would love to get a passport, but meanwhile I'm making good use of Q10 number 4 while the keyboard lasts!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:01 PM
    Hey maybe you should post the store location to help other I phone users in your city.

Posted via CB10
    It was an apple store in Cincinnati and Columbus, OH. I will try to get the exact location from my wife tomorrow and post it. We now have an apple store in Dayton but I have no experience with that one.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:53 PM
    Sure take your iPhone for service after the warranty is over, just make sure your wallet has cold hard cash!

Posted via CB10
    I have yet to be charged for anything to be fixed at an apple store.

Not saying they are perfect the antenna gate thing was handled poorly at first.

I am not by any means an apple fan boy. I am not one that thinks their products are vastly superior because of the logo. I do, however, find their customer service to be second to none. I have said before anything can have issues what is important to me is how the company handles it and stands behind their product.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:00 PM
    I would normally agree with the argument that the warrantee period is final, but the defective keyboard issue on Mexico manufactured Q10's is different. The issue appears widespread enough to support an argument for gross negligence or improper quality testing.

I have been a longtime blackberry keyboard model user, but considered getting a full touch model for the screen real-estate. Ultimately a crackberry article on battery life convinced me to go Q10.

I got 3 back-to-back bad keyboard Q10's over my first 6 months as a Q10 owner. Luckily, the failures were under corporate warrantee and were replaced. Each lasted only 2 months before keyboards failed.

I love the product design and OS10, but I couldn't very well evangelize to my BlackBerry naysayer coworkers about the superior communications experience of my BlackBerry while constantly having to replace my device.

The 4th one has been good for eight months now, but I still find myself trying to baby the keyboard. Definitely NOT the indestructible workhorse keyboard quality I came to expect from prior BlackBerry models!

I hope and pray that the passport keyboard quality control is better than the Q10. Would love to get a passport, but meanwhile I'm making good use of Q10 number 4 while the keyboard lasts!

Posted via CB10
    What is the problem? They were fixed under warranty. It was only the first of the Q10 that had the problem and not all of them. It wasn't was widespread as you think, unless you have some information that you would like to share? We had a dozen of them in our office, not a single keyboard failure. I also know people outside of work and the only a couple of them had keyboard failures.
    11-21-14 11:02 PM
    What is the problem? They were fixed under warranty. It was only the first of the Q10 that had the problem and not all of them. It wasn't was widespread as you think, unless you have some information that you would like to share? We had a dozen of them in our office, not a single keyboard failure. I also know people outside of work and the only a couple of them had keyboard failures.
    I think still might be a tad high for probability of failure. When I worked at a machine shop I was expected to hold a 95% production rate. Meaning 5 scrapped parts for every 100 produced. Now I work in finance and am expected to hold 97% for all transactions processed. Would it be unfair to expect BlackBerry to hold that type of standard? I understand not everyone who owns a Q10 participated in the CB poll -- but ~70% of people polled had an issue. Do you think BlackBerry should not extend the warranty to at least 2 yrs since this is a known issue?

I don't expect them to send out new Q10s to every person that purchased one. But I think putting in a new keyboard is not to much to ask. Parts for them is probably $10 and labor time would probably be 10 mins. Not a lot of loss when considering you are supporting loyal customers.

Again, I have had no issues and I love my Q10 -- I just think it's important for companies to take pride in providing the best products and customer service possible.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:57 PM
    Hey you guys!!1 I just conducted a CB poll and almost everyone (8 out of the 10 respondents) said that BB10 was the best OS in the world!!!!!!!! That settles it for me, sample size be damned.
    11-22-14 12:10 AM
121 1234 ...