I have been a galaxy note 2 owner for 4 months now and suddenly it had SDS (sudden death syndrome) me and my father took it to a store to get it fixed the last time I heard from them they said they are putting in a new MOBO I mean WTF. Now I'm just wishing that it stays broken so I can get a bb10 device, if I do should I get the z10 or wait for the Q10?
    04-08-13 06:14 AM
    I've had enough problems with Samsung electronics and warranties so I avoid their products. As to what you should get: Your current phone has a large screen with a virtual keyboard. If that is your preference, the Z10 is the obvious choice. If you are willing to give up screen size for a tactile keyboard experience, get the Q10. I think it depends on what you primarily use the device for. If you are a power communicator: Many emails, posts, TXTs and phone calls, the Q is probably your choice. If you are a gamer, in to media and/or Web browser, the Z makes sense.
    brahmanto and sanjk1 like this.
    04-08-13 06:22 AM
    I've had enough problems with Samsung electronics and warranties so I avoid their products. As to what you should get: Your current phone has a large screen with a virtual keyboard. If that is your preference, the Z10 is the obvious choice. If you are willing to give up screen size for a tactile keyboard experience, get the Q10. I think it depends on what you primarily use the device for. If you are a power communicator: Many emails, posts, TXTs and phone calls, the Q is probably your choice. If you are a gamer, in to media and/or Web browser, the Z makes sense.

Thanks this is really helpful for me
    04-08-13 06:39 AM
    That's another person I know whose note gave them trouble. My sisters caught fire. Yours died, etc. The Z10 is great for those that view a lot of media. The Q would be better if you send a lot of email, sms, etc. I wish I had a Q because the big screen is wasted and I miss my keys a bit.

Powered by BlackBerry 10
    04-08-13 06:55 AM
    I have been a galaxy note 2 owner for 4 months now and suddenly it had SDS (sudden death syndrome) me and my father took it to a store to get it fixed the last time I heard from them they said they are putting in a new MOBO I mean WTF. Now I'm just wishing that it stays broken so I can get a bb10 device, if I do should I get the z10 or wait for the Q10?
    As jrohland already stated, it pretty much depends on your very individual needs and requirements. Both, the Z10 and Q10, are very different phones for different needs. The well known saying Use the right toll for the right job! pretty much applies here more than on other phone comparisions.
    The Q10 obviously has a rather small screen, especially in nowadays smartphone world, where more and more devices are breaking the 5" barrier. However, it comes with a feature slowly fading in todays phone world: A great physical keyboard.
    Combine these features, you'll have a device which is made for one obvious reason: Text input and the convenience of having actual, real keys to press instead of touching or swiping over a flat glass surface. The Q10 is the traditional Blackberry taken to the next level, the prime useage of it is as a communication tool. The "always there" hardware keyboard allows you for quick searches for virtually everything right from the homescreens. You can even start sending messages, mails and notes from there. For example I have quite some word documents I usually edit and maintain. Instead of opening some app or anything, I just type away the documents name and open it right up. Typing on such a keyboard, at least for me, is not only more convenient but actually fun. Being able to mash those buttons is completely different from mashing your glass display.

The down side of course is the small display. If you like to play games and watch videos, you most likely won't enjoy the Q10. The 3.1" 1:1 display is not actually the best way for enjoying games or videos. This is where the Z10 with its 4.2" comes into play. Webbrowsing would be another thing, which obviously is more fun on a larger screen. Also the amount of games available will most likely be much larger for the Z10 than it will be for the Q10. The Z10 will also have a shorter battery life, something which shouldn't be taken too lightly either.

So, if you can give us more insight of what exactly you want to do with your phone, we can give you more detailed advices which device you should buy.
    brahmanto likes this.
    04-08-13 07:01 AM
    And don't forget to mention their "fast" updates in some countries (a turtle would beat their updates anytime)
    04-08-13 12:21 PM
    Same happened to my cousin. I think Samsung is hiding the fact they have a hardware defect and require a recall on this product.
    04-08-13 12:58 PM
    That is funny. I had my Note 2 since day 1 with no issues. I just traded it for another iPhone 5 so I can have a back up device. You know just in case something happens to my main device. That is jacked up that people phones are getting these problems. I guess they figure the shelf life and lifespan of their devices are not long at all.
    04-08-13 01:30 PM
    My sisters caught fire.
    Dude! Really?
    04-09-13 05:38 AM
    Yes, really. She's now using a galaxy discover because. She's engrossed in the Android ecosystem, misses her note2 but won't get another because that's not a risk she can take.