I think we've already discussed about these items:

- my wireless connections are off when in bedside mode
    - my carrier said they do not block/blacklist anything related to BBM/BB
    - ive got no wifi at home and rarely use wifi networks
    - and i never ever go to the BBM shop

CB on Q10
    Although you dont want to go to the BBM shop over the blacklisted addresses the BBM does! No need to have a working wifi or 3g connection the BBM is searching... This causes the problem.

There is a long talk about it and a solution to save the battery while the patch is come.

The BBM did it on my device too therefore I switched to the 10.3.1 and back to the official 10.2.1 and it never came back!
    02-01-15 08:26 AM
    - my wireless connections are off when in bedside mode
    You gave a screenshot with Mobile Usage :
    Attachment 331017
    Your network is still On, isn't it ? Use the setting in the clock app.

If you are in Flight Mode by night and still experience this issue, you have another problem. This one is very specific.
    02-01-15 03:52 PM
    I'm actually referring to the guy above who just said he uninstalled BBM and re-install again.

CB on Q10
    My mistake, it was a while ago. Maybe it was a device restart or OS reload that fixed it, sorry for misleading you guys.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-15 05:08 PM
    You gave a screenshot with Mobile Usage :
    Attachment 331017
    Your network is still On, isn't it ? Use the setting in the clock app.

If you are in Flight Mode by night and still experience this issue, you have another problem. This one is very specific.
    It's OFF. Try to look at the hours below.

CB on Q10
    02-01-15 08:04 PM
    It's OFF. Try to look at the hours below.
    So, you have another issue. Deny "Connect to BBM" for all apps in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.
    02-01-15 08:37 PM
    So, you have another issue. Deny "Connect to BBM" for all apps in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.
    As I've posted earlier, no other apps are connected to BBM. All app permission requests are denied. Better try reading my posts first. Unless you always have a hard time understanding facts.

CB on Q10
    techvisor likes this.
    02-02-15 02:15 AM
    As I've posted earlier, no other apps are connected to BBM. All app permission requests are denied. Better try reading my posts first.
    Mea culpa.

You said, I quote, "This is a common BBM issue that has been ignored by Blackberry" and that the drain took place overnight.
    I don't see that. Your mobile usage goes up only after you wake up at 9am (I guess). How did you use your BBM app by day ? (upload/download, audio video, ...). It's easy to identify this issue if the drain start while you phone is not used. Not so easy here It can still be the dreaded issue you spoke of if you don't use the app at all by day with the permission set as you told us...

That said, you have a pretty high cpu usage Saturday night... Something special happened with BBM in the evening before bedtime ?
    02-02-15 04:38 AM
    Mea culpa.

You said, I quote, "This is a common BBM issue that has been ignored by Blackberry" and that the drain took place overnight.
    I don't see that. Your mobile usage goes up only after you wake up at 9am (I guess). How did you use your BBM app by day ? (upload/download, audio video, ...). It's easy to identify this issue if the drain start while you phone is not used. Not so easy here It can still be the dreaded issue you spoke of if you don't use the app at all by day with the permission set as you told us...

That said, you have a pretty high cpu usage Saturday night... Something special happened with BBM in the evening before bedtime ?
    Drain doesn't take place overnight. It occurs as soon as I go off from bedside mode, thus data switching on. It could also occur at any given time in a random day.

I do not use BBM with anything beyond very limited BBM msgs. I can even count how many msgs I send/receive daily.

CB on Q10
    02-02-15 06:24 AM
    a bit Off topic but I have similiar issues with whatsapp which i finally uninstalled
    is this an OS-level issue or just a bug within both apps?
    my BBM works excellent for some reason whereas I have loads of similiar issues with whatsapp
    02-02-15 06:46 AM
    If you don't actually use BBM can't you just sign out of it?
    02-02-15 07:21 AM
    If you don't actually use BBM can't you just sign out of it?
    It's not that I do not use BBM. I use it though for a single contact only. And I can't just sign out of BBM because I'd need to sign out my BB account (as far as I know).

CB on Q10
    02-02-15 09:01 AM
    Drain doesn't take place overnight. It occurs as soon as I go off from bedside mode, thus data switching on. It could also occur at any given time in a random day.

I do not use BBM with anything beyond very limited BBM msgs. I can even count how many msgs I send/receive daily.
    Thank you.
    The easy way is the second solution from my first post : you have to let the metrics go out. Can't you connect to a friend's hot-spot for a while ?
    02-02-15 10:15 AM
    Thank you.
    The easy way is the second solution from my first post : you have to let the metrics go out. Can't you connect to a friend's hot-spot for a while ?
    Do I specifically need a hotspot if my data is on? My carrier doesn't block anything as I've mentioned. That stuff doesn't work out here.

CB on Q10
    02-02-15 05:41 PM
    Weird...I would consider myself a heavy BBM user, 60+ contacts and send pictures, stickers, etc. My BBM battery usage for the past 48 hrs is just 0.89%, and that is typical for me.

Posted via Z30 on CB10.
    02-02-15 06:01 PM
    Weird...I would consider myself a heavy BBM user, 60+ contacts and send pictures, stickers, etc. My BBM battery usage for the past 48 hrs is just 0.89%, and that is typical for me.

Posted via Z30 on CB10.
    Good for you. But lots of BBM users out there have been experiencing this battery drain also.

CB on Q10
    02-02-15 07:07 PM
    Do I specifically need a hotspot if my data is on? My carrier doesn't block anything as I've mentioned. That stuff doesn't work out here.
    Can you try to access the url : https://api.mixpanel.com from your browser while on your Mobile network ? If you see the following text, I guess your carrier doesn't block it :
    Welcome. Get started with our API by visiting http://mixpanel.com/docs/
    02-02-15 07:33 PM
    Lag....Do you have Blackberry Virtual Expert installed?
    02-02-15 07:55 PM
    Can you try to access the url : https://api.mixpanel.com from your browser while on your Mobile network ? If you see the following text, I guess your carrier doesn't block it :
    Told you already. Here it is.
    I've had enough with BBM-img_20150203_111252.png

CB on Q10
    02-02-15 09:14 PM
    Lag....Do you have Blackberry Virtual Expert installed?
    Yes

CB on Q10
    02-02-15 09:15 PM
    Yes

CB on Q10
    If you go into device monitor there, watch it for a few minutes and see if "secure networking" is popping up in the menu all the time. Does system usage ever go down to under 10%?
    02-02-15 09:28 PM
    If you go into device monitor there, watch it for a few minutes and see if "secure networking" is popping up in the menu all the time. Does system usage ever go down to under 10%?
    Secure networking is idle almost all the time and doesn't even go up to 1%.

CB on Q10
    02-03-15 09:36 AM
    OP when people are taking time out of their day to try to help you it is good to be grateful and not snarky or rude. They don't have to try to solve your problem.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-15 09:59 AM
    Just as a thought:

Would it be possible to try (a sim card of) another carrier just for one day?

If you can reproduce the problem on a different network, we can eliminate your carrier (or the sim card) as potential cause(s).

Note:
    I know they told you they aren't blocking anything, but your case is quite unique and imho not related to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:00 PM
    Ive had this problem before. It was because of soccer ticker not being able to "connect to BBM"

My suggestion is to allow all native apps which asks to be connected to BBM to be actually and properly connected.

I am 90 percent sure this will fix your BBM problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:19 PM
    Ive had this problem before. It was because of soccer ticker not being able to "connect to BBM"

My suggestion is to allow all native apps which asks to be connected to BBM to be actually and properly connected.

I am 90 percent sure this will fix your BBM problem.

Posted via CB10
    I never bbm connect anything. I don't have issues with it.
    02-03-15 05:47 PM
77 1234