To be clear, this is neither complaint nor rant. As stated elsewhere, I am an ardent PKB fanatic. I am just curious to see if others have experienced some or all of these issues . . . This Q10 arrived by FedEx about two months back.

1. Keyboard changing from very clicky to mushy. (Thank goodness no double typing as of yet). Although, it seems a couple of keys are losing their ink/paint.

2. Weave back seems almost like a copy - has chipped and scratched very quickly. And for the record, as I wear bespoke suits I have a special pocket placed inside my trouser pockets to hold my phone. So no coins, etc. bumping rubbing or scratching.

3. Battery drain is very heavy.

4. Battery was likely defective and had to be replaced.

5. "Assign a quick dial" prompt comes up sometimes 100 times a week. Just setting the phone one the desk will cause the prompt to appear.

6. Of course, the usual poor/large tolerance issues that mean the battery moves, and the phone resets.

7. BBM freezes daily.

8. Screen flashes white when swiping up or down.

9. Special ring tones, etc. assigned to specific contacts disappear or refuse to be assigned to a particular contact, or reassign themselves randomly.

10. Can not sync with Exchange server: contacts and calendar events created on phone won't sync. Those created on computer sync to BB.

11. Link and Q10 no longer playing nice (works fine with the Z30). Hours and hours to backup.

12. Bluetooth connection with Plantronics Edge continues to drop or not recognise if phone becomes unpaired. Have to delete profile every day and re-pair. (not the headset as it is fine with previous Q10's and the current Z30. And computers). And other headphones do not pair. And the Etymotic wired headphones don't work well with the Q10.

13. WiFi spotty at best of times.

Have done a couple of reloads. Not overly concerned as I will likely consign this one to parts and buy another as there seems to be a bit of a fire sale on Q's. Just curious.
    02-22-15 05:34 AM
    none of this issues with my q10. Close to a month with it. Very pleased with the phone in general.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    02-22-15 04:04 PM
    Wow, your Q10 seems really wonky! I got my Q10 secondhand and it's working really well, with no problems like yours at all. I wonder why yours has those problems... :/
    02-23-15 05:06 AM
    To be clear, this is neither complaint nor rant. As stated elsewhere, I am an ardent PKB fanatic. I am just curious to see if others have experienced some or all of these issues . . . This Q10 arrived by FedEx about two months back.

1. Keyboard changing from very clicky to mushy. (Thank goodness no double typing as of yet). Although, it seems a couple of keys are losing their ink/paint.

2. Weave back seems almost like a copy - has chipped and scratched very quickly. And for the record, as I wear bespoke suits I have a special pocket placed inside my trouser pockets to hold my phone. So no coins, etc. bumping rubbing or scratching.

3. Battery drain is very heavy.

4. Battery was likely defective and had to be replaced.

5. "Assign a quick dial" prompt comes up sometimes 100 times a week. Just setting the phone one the desk will cause the prompt to appear.

6. Of course, the usual poor/large tolerance issues that mean the battery moves, and the phone resets.

7. BBM freezes daily.

8. Screen flashes white when swiping up or down.

9. Special ring tones, etc. assigned to specific contacts disappear or refuse to be assigned to a particular contact, or reassign themselves randomly.

10. Can not sync with Exchange server: contacts and calendar events created on phone won't sync. Those created on computer sync to BB.

11. Link and Q10 no longer playing nice (works fine with the Z30). Hours and hours to backup.

12. Bluetooth connection with Plantronics Edge continues to drop or not recognise if phone becomes unpaired. Have to delete profile every day and re-pair. (not the headset as it is fine with previous Q10's and the current Z30. And computers). And other headphones do not pair. And the Etymotic wired headphones don't work well with the Q10.

13. WiFi spotty at best of times.

Have done a couple of reloads. Not overly concerned as I will likely consign this one to parts and buy another as there seems to be a bit of a fire sale on Q's. Just curious.
    I'll try answering some of your questions:

1: Yes the keys indeed can wear in from clicky to mushy over time, but it shouldn't be an issue. The paint however should stay, unless you clean with aggressive cleansers. My keys didn't show any paint wear and tear after almost half a year.

2: Same with the back of the device, I've used it mostly with the OEM leather pocket and no signs of wear and tear either.

3: You should provide us with screenshots from your device monitor.

5: Never had such a problem

6: Try using some craftfoam from a hobby store!

7: No problems here

8: Again, never faced this

13: My Wifi works decently, however it much depends on the combination of device and router

You could try to completely wipe and reinstall the software. However I'd try to skip that entirely and claim warranty. The wear and tear signs on your phone, considering its age and the fact you seem to be pretty careful with it, aren't common.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:22 AM
    Thank you for your kinds replies.

Yes, unfortunately this is the fourth or fifth, and none have been without their problems. And, again unfortunately, everyone I know has had issues. That being said, I like the phone. And not worried being a long time user - have done the business card trick, re-installs, etc.

Just wanted to get a sense if I just had a complete and utter lemon or a lemon from the dark side of the moon, rather than the usual Black Lemon. After all, I continue to hope people from BB read the posts, take notes, and use the information for product improvement.
    02-23-15 06:09 PM