I don't know if it's normal, but I keep my screen brightness on the lowest setting and when I turn it on or reset it the screen is really bright.
    The brightness scale is still on the lowest setting, yet the screen remains bright. At first I thought maybe it's a start up thing, but it stays that way and I have to readjust it manually. (I only notice this on my Q10 and Z10)

And is there a way to keep from having my old emails from auto deleting? I've put one in Priority Hub and it still deleted.
    08-03-14 07:10 PM
    Are you normally sitting under a light? If so, the light sensor detects this and increases the brightness automatically. You can't do anything about that other than put your finger over the sensor, to the left of the earpiece.

Regarding your emails, you can go into your email settings and change it to never delete. I believe by default, all emails older than 30 days are deleted but it's a setting you can adjust (Settings [swipe down from the top bezel on the home screen], Accounts, select your email account)
    08-03-14 10:30 PM
    I've checked under both light conditions. Same thing.

There's also no settings to keep my emails from deleting. I've looked under the email settings and hub settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:59 PM
    Regarding your E-Mails: They don't get "deleted", they just disappear. On IMAP services in general you can choose between 3 to 30 days of sync time or unlimited. To change this, go into Hub - Settings - Accounts. Select the mail account, tap edit and then advanced (those three little sliders bottom left). Now you should see this setting at the very bottom of the screen.

Btw, you can't save mails by putting them into priority hub. Priority hub is just something like a quick view of your most important accounts.

Regarding the screen brightness I have never experienced such an issue. What software version is your device running?

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-04-14 01:24 AM
    Still not seeing the email settings, but I can do without that.

The latest update 10.2.1.2977

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:27 AM