Recently started a BBM group and have been told by 2 people on accepting requests to the group their BBM started playing up, and the group disappeared from their list.

Has anyone else had similar issues?
    I have kicked one of them out of the group to try and free things up, but after a reset apparently his BBM is still miserably slow.
    05-10-13 11:46 AM
    Anyone having issues in a BBM Group on a BB10 device?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:40 AM
    I'm having problems with it lagging not loading and showing no contacts.

Posted via z10
    05-11-13 06:44 AM
    Thanks for the details, I will pass that on to @blackberryhelp who are looking into it

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:51 AM
    Experiencing lagging issues, groups I am in no longer showing up and even with an invite, I can't join. No groups showing up when I go into the groups tab. When trying to create a group, I get the "max number of groups reached. Please leave an existing group before joining or creating a new group". Well sh*t, no groups is showing up so it is impossible for me to leave or join any.

Hoping this is not a BB issue as I am calling my carrier (T-Mobile) now to see if this is just an isolated incident or not.
    05-11-13 07:59 AM
    Experiencing lagging issues, groups I am in no longer showing up and even with an invite, I can't join. No groups showing up when I go into the groups tab. When trying to create a group, I get the "max number of groups reached. Please leave an existing group before joining or creating a new group". Well sh*t, no groups is showing up so it is impossible for me to leave or join any.

Hoping this is not a BB issue as I am calling my carrier (T-Mobile) now to see if this is just an isolated incident or not.

Seems it's wider spread than I thought. How many groups were you in before the problem, and how long did it work on for, when did it go wrong.

Just wondering if it's something that happened causing issues for the groups.

Certainly not isolated, and is across numerous networks.
    Your issue certainly seems a duplicate of some.

Is it the whole device or just BBM that has slowed?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:08 AM
    Seems it's wider spread than I thought. How many groups were you in before the problem, and how long did it work on for, when did it go wrong.

Just wondering if it's something that happened causing issues for the groups.

Certainly not isolated, and is across numerous networks.
    Your issue certainly seems a duplicate of some.

Is it the whole device or just BBM that has slowed?

Posted via CB10
    I was in 4 groups and I've been in them even before my Z10 days on my 9900. Just noticed the disappearance of the groups this morning. On the phone with T-Mobile who just transferred me to the BB team up in Canada and they are just as flabbergasted as I am. Hoping this gets resolved soon regardless whose end it is on.
    Last edited by Khanhye East; 05-16-13 at 12:32 PM.
    05-11-13 08:32 AM
    I was in 4 groups and I've been in them even before my Z10 days on my 9900. Just noticed the disappearance of the groups this morning. On the phone with T-Mobile who just transferred me to the BB team up in Canada and they are just as falbbergasted as I am. Hoping this gets resolved soon regardless whose end it is on.
    Hmm, so pretty recent then.
    How long have you been using the Z in the group.
    Trying to figure out if it's a BB10 issue here or wider.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:40 AM
    Hmm, so pretty recent then.
    How long have you been using the Z in the group.
    Trying to figure out if it's a BB10 issue here or wider.

Posted via CB10
    Been in the groups from day one since I got the Z10 over 3 months ago.
    05-11-13 08:43 AM
    Been in the groups from day one since I got the Z10 over 3 months ago.
    OK to that points more to a BlackBerry problem than a software issue as such. Maybe repeating requests constantly or something, hence to overload at both ends.

I shall pass this on, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:02 AM
    Terrible lag with BBM groups can take up to 2 minutes to enter the group. At times names will not show, takes for ever for my messages to show in the group. Doing a wipe as I type. Let you know if it makes a difference.
    05-11-13 11:02 AM
    Terrible lag with BBM groups can take up to 2 minutes to enter the group. At times names will not show, takes for ever for my messages to show in the group. Doing a wipe as I type. Let you know if it makes a difference.
    Nice one, look forwards to your findings.
    Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:05 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the BB10 device following joining a BBM group or having BBM issues?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:41 AM
    Response from @blackberryhelp

Due to this issue's complexity, please ask your mobile provider to open a case with BlackBerry on your behalf so we can better assist. ^CS
    05-13-13 07:42 AM
    Did a wipe on Saturday...no change. BBM groups still experiencing lags.
    05-13-13 05:04 PM
    Did a wipe on Saturday...no change. BBM groups still experiencing lags.
    Did you have any issues with the actual device before hand? If so are they resolved now, just the group playing up?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:30 PM
    Anyone else having issues with BBM Groups?
    I have been told that the recent update to .273 sorts this out, so would love to know if anyone experiencing issues with the groups is actually running 10.1.0.273
    05-15-13 08:45 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the BB10 device following joining a BBM group or having BBM issues?

Posted via CB10
    My groups disappeared last night. I was in three groups and all gone I contacted my carrier which is rogers and they want to charge me $30.00 to try and resolve my issue! I said no!! I called BlackBerry and they sent me back to rogers. No one seems to know what to do. This is what my group chat looks like now. I am still in the groups so I can't reenter. That's what one of my contacts told me.
    Issues with BBM groups on BB10 devices-img_00000186.png

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:47 PM
    Issues with BBM groups on BB10 devices-img_00000186.png

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:48 PM
    My carrier hasn't given the update yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:50 PM
    This really seems to be dragging on now. Seems that the Z's on the older OS seem to be the ones suffering here.
    Fingers crossed for the update soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:21 PM
    Same issue here after switching from my Z to my Q. 5 groups, all disappeared. They returned after a few resets and slowly started populating again. Not sure what I did to fix it. They're ok for now *fingers crossed* BlackBerry needs to fix BBM lag issues. It takes forever for contacts/chats to show up sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:52 PM
    One of the strange issues I've seen is that I can't see messages from a contact in the group but everyone else can, I had to remove and rejoin the group to see his messages in group chat. Weird but dunno if it's related.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 07:02 PM
    I would say it's related in the regards that the groups still seem quite buggy to say the least.
    Seems there are a few issues overall that need addressing for groups to be sorted out.

With BBM going X-platform 'soon' they need to get it fixed before it become a disaster, and all those who have been told for years that BBM is the best IM out there will think everyone who said it is mad.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:39 AM
    Good news! I installed the new update and everything came back! All is well. I have hope it works for others.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 06:38 AM
34 12