On Verizon, the OTA update to 4189 went smooth as silk and pretty quick. I restarted when prompted and then left it alone overnight.

No issues noticed at first but then I discovered that highlighted (blue) items like phone numbers and URLs in the notes section of a Contact do not launch when tapped. They did before the update. They work from in the notes section of a Calendar item, and from in a text message, but not from in the notes in a Contact.

I tried the hard reset by holding both volume buttons and that still didn't resolve it.

Anyone else having this issue?
    08-27-13 09:20 PM
    On Verizon, the OTA update to 4189 went smooth as silk and pretty quick. I restarted when prompted and then left it alone overnight.

No issues noticed at first but then I discovered that highlighted (blue) items like phone numbers and URLs in the notes section of a Contact do not launch when tapped. They did before the update. They work from in the notes section of a Calendar item, and from in a text message, but not from in the notes in a Contact.

I tried the hard reset by holding both volume buttons and that still didn't resolve it.

Anyone else having this issue?
    I haven't got the Q yet, so I can't comment on that. However, I should ask.....have you checked the OS forums to see if there were known issues with that particular OS?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cation-841906/
    08-28-13 06:43 AM
    Soo stupid! They're driving me nuts. I have the same issue. I can't dial the numbers in my contact notes. However, and this is the stupid part, if I go into "edit" I can dial. Dumb. Annoying. Hope they hurry to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 07:21 AM
    Oh, great. Me too -- I have hotlinks in the Edit view but not the main view. But get this: Only for some of the first instances in a given record. In the first Contact record I opened, in Edit mode only the first ten phone numbers and first email address were launchable (blue) – all the rest in that record were not. When I opened another Contact record, the first six phone numbers were launchable and none after that, and none of the email addresses. (Maybe it's the first instances up to a certain number of characters in the given record? I don't have the head to look into it that far and would be of no help to know that anyway.)

So, for all those that are not hotlinks I'm stuck with select-copy-paste to use those numbers (if I don't want to write it down and manually enter it each time). And so far the select-copy-paste procedure has not been improved upon, so it's like playing a video game and hoping to win the wrestling match of getting the selection mode to even kick in in the first place -- and I'm a businessman with no time for playing games.

Oh, well. PLEASE tell me they're going to release a fix for this right away and not in months. This may be enough reason for me to go through the laborious process of reverting back to the prior version. (I'm not sure I'd want to go to the leaked 10.2 since I'm a business user who needs full support if ever needed, and I assume there would be less bugs going backward than going to a leaked version.)
    08-28-13 02:19 PM
    I haven't got the Q yet, so I can't comment on that. However, I should ask.....have you checked the OS forums to see if there were known issues with that particular OS?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cation-841906/
    Curious to know if you found a solution to this problem. I have it and hoped it would be resolved with a new downloaded update however not the case. Searching the internet I cannot find anyone else having this problem.
    07-24-14 12:12 AM
    10.3 late this year. Until then, there is no fix that I know of. You have to go into Edit mode to launch them with a tap, but only the ones not too far down.
    07-24-14 12:17 AM