Hello people, I am new here. I currently have a Galaxy S2 and I want to buy a new phone. I have been waiting for Q10 for quite a while, however it is priced really high. In fact, in my country, it is expected to be priced just slightly less than iPhone 5. I am therefore confused on whether to spend that much money on a Q10 or spend a few bucks more and buy the iPhone. Please understand that I will be paying the full price of the phone since we dont have the carrier contract system in our country. I have heard of a problems with the Q10, viz., Difficulty in executing bezel gestures, video playback problems and buggy software glitches. I am not a heavy app user. I only use Dropbox, evernote, twitter, FB and Whatsapp on a regular basis. I would like to know some Q10 owners opinion on how the device actually performs in terms of speed, performance and battery life and whether the gestures can be easily executed.....
    Thank you ...
    psao likes this.
    06-04-13 12:31 PM
    If you want Q10, buy it when the price is stable enough. If you want iPhone, wait for a few months for iPhone 5s/6 to be launched, iPhone 5 life cycle (as a flagship) is almost over.

Posted via CB10
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 12:34 PM
    For the Q10 opinion I don't have anything to say about it, as I'm using Z10 and pretty happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 12:36 PM
    Ah and btw I think you posted it on the wrong forum section, should've ask at the Q10 subforum, as there'll be a lot of Q10 users to help you decide.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:38 PM
    For me the decision would come down to whether you want the superior experience that BlackBerry 10 gives for communication and whether you want a Keyboard or not. Both phones have their good and bad.

Z10 Abuser
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 12:42 PM
    I been kind of in the same boat, iphone 5 or BB q10. I think the app ecosystem is kind of too important to me and since I have to buy at full retail to keep my unlimited data plan, this matters. In your case, you may survive it since the apps you use are already available on the q. For me, I like the comfort of all the other service related apps that come into an ecosystem like Apple.

Although I may change my mind, so far I'm thinking about waiting for the iphone 5s. Unless the Moto X wows me and keeps me on android.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 12:46 PM
    Q10 and iphone 5 don't even target the same market.... iphone 5 vs Z10 is the better comparison.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    06-04-13 03:51 PM
    I like my Q10 better than my Z10 and I prefer a Z10 over a Iphone 5.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 04:11 PM
    Idk but to me, a z10 verse an iphone5 is a no brainer. Iphone wins hands down. If u compare a q10 with an iphone, i see it closer. Why? Because the user conforms to the device... If the device is "that" good! That's how we did it when Apple came on to the world stage in 2007. When you do not innovative and try to conform to the markets "current" needs, that's when you make mistakes and remain irrelevant. Blackberry is synonymous with keyboards. That's its differentiater. It should not try to engage with Apple and Android on it's own turf. Why would anyone pick a full touch z10 over an already established and capable iphone? Security? The government seems to think it's secure. Keyboard? Most keyboards are great these days... And what a z10 does for predictions, swiftkey has done for a long long time with android. Apps? No brainer... Apple wins. Hardware? Apple wins! So what else is really left?

06-04-13 05:07 PM
    The only thing iphone 5 does better is nothing... it's got a large ecosystem of apps... which makes sense.

06-04-13 05:10 PM
    For the Q10 opinion I don't have anything to say about it, as I'm using Z10 and pretty happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    Great post ^........ "I am posting that I have nothing to say about the subject".

Apples and oranges. The two phones are so different from each other. It depends on what you find necessary in a phone.
    06-04-13 05:16 PM
    Great post ^........ "I am posting that I have nothing to say about the subject".

Apples and oranges. The two phones are so different from each other. It depends on what you find necessary in a phone.
    What's wrong with you dude, ain't speaking with you. Any problems?

I did say if he wants to buy Q10 wait til the price is stable, and if going iPhone wait for their next iteration. And I also politely said that he should've posted in Q10 subforum for asking Q10 opinion, not in leaked OS forum. Don't be so anal, mind yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:35 PM
    The only thing iphone 5 does better is nothing... it's got a large ecosystem of apps... which makes sense.

As well, the z10 doesn't do anything better either. It's a two way street.

06-04-13 05:49 PM
    As well, the z10 doesn't do anything better either. It's a two way street.

Hmm no... have you read the specs? have you compared the keyboards,hub,flow,actual multitasking apps??

06-04-13 06:21 PM
    Hmm no... have you read the specs? have you compared the keyboards,hub,flow,actual multitasking apps??

That's all just personal preferences. It doesn't make it "better".
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    06-04-13 06:31 PM
    What's wrong with you dude, ain't speaking with you. Any problems?

I did say if he wants to buy Q10 wait til the price is stable, and if going iPhone wait for their next iteration. And I also politely said that he should've posted in Q10 subforum for asking Q10 opinion, not in leaked OS forum. Don't be so anal, mind yourself.

Posted via CB10
    If you "ain't" speaking with me, you might want to pm instead of posting where everyone can see it.
    06-04-13 06:34 PM
    Had iPhone 5 for 3 days, took it back. Its so hard to use and so uncomfortable. Apps....games only its all what Apple has and im not a kid anymore. As for the videos, i have a bog screen TV or desktop. As for the phone, Z10 much better, much friendly and more productive than iPhone
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 06:57 PM
    I would look at the apps you need and see if they are available for the quick10. I had an iPhone 5, note 2 and now the z10. The ui and work flow of the z10 blow away both. But apps have become a big part of a device. As primarily a business user, I find exchange email and messaging better on the bb. At the same time, iPhone has great business apps that are not available on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 07:42 PM
    Hello people, I am new here. I currently have a Galaxy S2 and I want to buy a new phone. I have been waiting for Q10 for quite a while, however it is priced really high. In fact, in my country, it is expected to be priced just slightly less than iPhone 5. I am therefore confused on whether to spend that much money on a Q10 or spend a few bucks more and buy the iPhone. Please understand that I will be paying the full price of the phone since we dont have the carrier contract system in our country. I have heard of a problems with the Q10, viz., Difficulty in executing bezel gestures, video playback problems and buggy software glitches. I am not a heavy app user. I only use Dropbox, evernote, twitter, FB and Whatsapp on a regular basis. I would like to know some Q10 owners opinion on how the device actually performs in terms of speed, performance and battery life and whether the gestures can be easily executed.....
    Thank you ...
    Well if you only use those apps blackberry can be a good choice for you. But have you considered the Z10 over Q10?

Posted via CB10
    iPerry7 likes this.
    06-04-13 08:42 PM

Hey, that's personal preference. I'm not knocking the Z10. I'm just sayin, if you're gonna go full touch for rhe media capabilities, I don't see a compelling reason for a Z10 over an Iphone 5. You may like the UI better, but in the end, good media functions require good apps. If you're one of those that thinks watching videos or tv on a phone is a kid thing, then I see a compelling reason for a Q10 for powerhouse messaging. But I just can't see myself with a full touch screen device that has minimal media apps to take advantage of it all. No netflix, hulu, watch abc, no google maps and services, no hbo go or fios media services...

My point is not to bash blackberry. I am just pointing out that I understand why the op is deciding btwn the the q vs the iphone 5 and not the z.

06-04-13 11:14 PM
    Thank you ...
    If you mainly use your device as a communication device and you like the touch one, try z10. The "on screen" keyboard is excellent in my opinion. The accuracy is better than iphone (compare it with my fiance's 4S), equal or even better than android (my friend's S4). The predictive is better than swift key.

The camera is good, better than iphone 5 and can compete with the android's mega shooter. You can read the review in gsmarena (they are using picture and video analyzing tools).

As with apps, many of the mainstream social app which unavailable in native, you can sideload it from the android version (instagram, path) with minor bugs.

And as the screen size, bigger than q, this is why i chose the z. I can browse or read emails without having to much moving around.
    bitek and iPerry7 like this.
    06-04-13 11:58 PM
    Thank you all for the replies I am not considering the Z10 because it is a mite too big for me and if I was going to buy a phone with a big screen I'd go for the S4. Besides, i also feel that the Q10 is a better looking device. In a sea of androids and iPhones the Q10 will stand out..No question..
    iPhone has a great app eco system but I have been asking myself whether I need that... I have an S2 and it can run all the games and videos iphone can but I dont use it for gaming or video watching. Its a tool for communication more than anything else...At the same time, the iphone has a more stable OS, whereas OS 10 is still new and needs polishing. Hence my confusion.
    06-05-13 12:20 AM
    I think the iphone is a fine communications tool. Granted, a keyboard I agree is better for email, but remember, iphone can still do it well. But as far as media and apps, blackberry q10 cannot do it at all... Meaning the screen size limit for real widescreen video and most importantly, the media apps needed. So think about that. I'm def in the same boat and not trying to let any hype sway me.

iPerry7 likes this.
    06-05-13 12:41 AM
    I think the iphone is a fine communications tool. Granted, a keyboard I agree is better for email, but remember, iphone can still do it well. But as far as media and apps, blackberry q10 cannot do it at all... Meaning the screen size limit for real widescreen video and most importantly, the media apps needed. So think about that. I'm def in the same boat and not trying to let any hype sway me.

So have you decided which phone to go for?
    06-05-13 01:34 AM
    So have you decided which phone to go for?
    Still torn but leaning toward waiting for the iphone 5s. I do admit, it will be hard if the q10 looks and feels as great as I imagine. But as of right now, its.... Wait for the 5s

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-05-13 01:41 AM
51 123