Congra to CrackedRosco on your new iPhone on 19 Sep.

As you been through series of BlackBerry phones, what make you think a BlackBerry phone is unique?

To me, the ' smart ' in BlackBerry phone is it organises things towards what users need for emails, massaging, phone calls. I remember with my pearl, I can instantly locate a contact I need and be able to text or call or email right away. Its profiles feature is so convenient when the phone in a holster. Now BlackBerry 10 is playing catching up with BBOS.

Posted via Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-18-14 11:55 AM
    Apple said on its website. ?So it?s not technically feasible for us to respond to government warrants for the extraction of this data from devices in their possession running iOS 8.?
    As I see, Apple speak about device only? All iThings users use Apple cloud for sync & backup. This cloud is accessible for government via master key. Who need mine data from device?!?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:56 AM
    My 13 year old updated his ipad to IOS8. I asked what he thought if it. He mentioned it's the same old same old. He really didn't see any my hating important. Coming from the main target audience he was not impressed. Every passing IOS the users start to wake up from the isheep state and start to realize there is nothing new worth taking about.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:07 PM
    ^ some typos... sorry

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:08 PM
    Do you think isheeps would care, if BlackBerry had it before. Stolen, borrowed or not, isheeps will always be isheeps.! THEY WILL NEVER CARE!!

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    09-18-14 12:11 PM
    Do you think isheeps would care, if BlackBerry had it before. Stolen, borrowed or not, isheeps will always be isheeps.! THEY WILL NEVER CARE!!

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    The problem is were becoming the sheep.

Bb10 could and should be leaps and bounds ahead of ios8. Why is ios8 available and 10.3 isn't finished?

That thread about apple pay being a joke. No. The real joke is that we've been sitting on nfc for years and if we want to use it how we imagined... we can move to Indonesia? In 2015? Lol..

I didn't read too much into it, but apply pay doesn't involve carriers right?
    Lol so "BlackBerry pay" is really only Tim Hortons..? (only nfc pay that doesn't require an nfc sim / going through your carrier)
    09-18-14 12:19 PM
    I have a Q10
    Not a Z30
    Keyboard are my Zen
    Touch input just feels dirty.

I like to use BlackBerry
    But iPhones aren't my adversary
    I just don't like the feel.
    The immersion isn't real.

The single button on the iPhone
    Breaks easily as tests have shown
    My Q10 has 35 that never break
    That's quality build and make

iOS just seems to steal designs
    I just hope fanboys see the signs
    When Apple lies and tricks us all
    That's when smartphones will fall

Maybe one day, my phone will be appreciated
    And our app store will look a bit less emaciated
    In the mean time I'll love my Q10 and its small screen
    It works well and looks great as you've seen

I am bored.
    -Typed on a Q10 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:38 PM
    Back to the original topic...

IOS 8 vs BB10 -

There both fantastic operating systems with their own pros and cons. BlackBerry has unreal multitasking (apps being headless, web browser youtube headless), Hub, shortcuts (with the Q10) and contact syncing from facebook, linkedin and all other social media, it's awesome.

IOS is more fluid, never lags or has delays with text messages (I don't experience this often on my Q10, but if a thread gets long with a lot of attachments it gets buggy). Imessage, although bbm is the same if not better, face it, no one has bbm everyone is on iphone. The new voice notes are a great implentation.

Both devices are solid quality, great software, great companies and innovative. Unfortunately only a small few of us believe BlackBerry is "innovative" but I do.

Bottom line - who cares there both the best phones and operating systems out. Isheep bsheep what's the difference. To each is own.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    09-18-14 12:49 PM
    That comparison is more like "Apples and Blackberries" than anything

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 01:08 PM
    I don't know. I feel like by this point in the smartphone game, who can really remember what feature originated where, or who created it? I'm sure there are people who keep score on these issues, but I think it's missing the point.

I think that ultimately what we want is for the OS, and the phone, that we use to have the features we want, right? Whether BlackBerry created toast notifications or Apple originated the concept that became the Hub is irrelevant to me.

Granted, there is such a thing as patent infringement (Typo, I'm looking at you) but for the most part these things seem not to fall under that category.

But I would hate it if there was some awesome, must-have feature in iOS8, and it would never be coming to BB10 because of pride or something.

Posted via CB10
    Irrational fanboys are the ones that concern themselves with things that are "stolen". I'm sorry but most situations is just technology moving forward. And you are right..if there is no patent then its fair game.

Rockin the Q
    Velocitymj, MikeX74 and TgeekB like this.
    09-18-14 01:27 PM
    Back to the original topic...

IOS 8 vs BB10 -

There both fantastic operating systems with their own pros and cons. BlackBerry has unreal multitasking (apps being headless, web browser youtube headless), Hub, shortcuts (with the Q10) and contact syncing from facebook, linkedin and all other social media, it's awesome.

IOS is more fluid, never lags or has delays with text messages (I don't experience this often on my Q10, but if a thread gets long with a lot of attachments it gets buggy). Imessage, although bbm is the same if not better, face it, no one has bbm everyone is on iphone. The new voice notes are a great implentation.

Both devices are solid quality, great software, great companies and innovative. Unfortunately only a small few of us believe BlackBerry is "innovative" but I do.

Bottom line - who cares there both the best phones and operating systems out. Isheep bsheep what's the difference. To each is own.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    This is exactly why I don't limit myself to one device.

Rockin the Q
    09-18-14 01:38 PM
    One more thing...we should be comparing iOS 8 on the iPhone 6 to BlackBerry 10.3 on the most current devices.

We shouldn't be using iOS8 on an iPad, ipod, or smaller iPhone. The comparison should be based on the device iOS8 was build for.

Possibly wait for a iPhone 6 versus Passport legitimate showdown.

Posted with my White Q10 until 9/19/14
    09-18-14 02:17 PM
    One more thing...we should be comparing iOS 8 on the iPhone 6 to BlackBerry 10.3 on the most current devices.

We shouldn't be using iOS8 on an iPad, ipod, or smaller iPhone. The comparison should be based on the device iOS8 was build for.

Possibly wait for a iPhone 6 versus Passport legitimate showdown.

Posted with my White Q10 until 9/19/14
    The most current device is the q10.. I mean p9983 :') (64gb* I forgot there was a difference)
    And P9983 is also the only device that officially shipping with 10.3 atm
    09-18-14 02:37 PM
    As did BlackBerry. As did Samsung. Also each one has its own unique stuff too. This is the most pathetic argument I've heard. You're like FOX news
    Lol. Fox news. I'd like a better argument from you. Yeah they all copy from each other. I didn't say otherwise. The point is that iOS8 consists almost entirely of swiped features after a year. I expected better. You know what? That's cool. Defend it all you want. iOS7 was where there was some real change. I guess I expected more after a year on iOS7.

Yeah Apple can implement some of these features better than others. They are a huge software company. After a year on 10.2.1 there are some serious changes to BB10.3. But, I don't expect that much from BlackBerry. They are miniscule in size compared to the giant Apple.
    09-18-14 04:09 PM
    ...Why is ios8 available and 10.3 isn't finished?
    My take on this question and I would really like to stress this...

Apple = 98,000 Employees

BlackBerry = 7000 Employees

Consider what percentage of those are programmers and you should have your answer.
    09-18-14 04:30 PM
    At the end of the day, you can have all the features in the world, but if no one is buying what you're selling you have a problem. It speaks volumes that consumers are willing to WAIT for Apple to make features available rather then moving to a different platform. Consumers, not isheep. If you truly believe that spending your hard earned money on a product that works best for you regardless of the naysayers, makes you a sheep.....Pot, meet kettle.
    09-18-14 04:36 PM
    Read something on one of the websights that says that IOS8 has encryption that even apple cannot break? And in doing so, they cannot turn over any info to NSA. I wonder how Blackberry does this too?
    Interesting, I wouldn't be surprise if BlackBerry is doing the same.

Posted via Q10
    09-18-14 05:08 PM
    The problem is were becoming the sheep.

Bb10 could and should be leaps and bounds ahead of ios8. Why is ios8 available and 10.3 isn't finished?

That thread about apple pay being a joke. No. The real joke is that we've been sitting on nfc for years and if we want to use it how we imagined... we can move to Indonesia? In 2015? Lol..

I didn't read too much into it, but apply pay doesn't involve carriers right?
    Lol so "BlackBerry pay" is really only Tim Hortons..? (only nfc pay that doesn't require an nfc sim / going through your carrier)
    Because they don't want to half *** 10.3 and send out patches right away like apple. Sometimes does rushing out its os. I am glad they take the time.
    09-18-14 05:26 PM
    Good grief some people are talking like BB10 and iOS have been around for the same length of time. iOS is like what 7/8Yrs old. BB10 like coming up to 2yrs?
    Not much difference there is it?

Fact is, each developer ads their own little 'twist' to the OS. You have a full touch handset then some features are going to cross paths it's just what you determine as 'stolen, borrowed' etc.

Fact is iOS has had several years to be perfected. BB10 for the age it's been around is fantastic in my opinion and people need to give it credit for being such a young OS.

Rome wasn't built in a day...
    Wwhite1036 likes this.
    09-18-14 05:51 PM
    I am pretty sure both are very very good OSs... except that one is from a company with tons of money and another is from a company doesn't any more
    09-18-14 08:00 PM
    Not entirely true. Blackberry has a very healthy balance sheet which you will hear more about on september 26 when they release earnings

I am pretty sure both are very very good OSs... except that one is from a company with tons of money and another is from a company doesn't any more
    09-18-14 08:29 PM
    Every OS has unique and useful features. The problem with Apple is that they give their customers "new features" that other phones and mobile OSes already have for quite sometime. Then Apple calls it new, revolutionary, and the marketing machine and the hype fools people into thinking it's really new and different than any other mobile OS (Android, Windows Phone, BB). Then, the iFans go crazy and buy them. The iPhone is a good device, but, I wouldn't buy one, prefer the flexibility, and freedom to customize, plus security that BB or Android gives me. I have tried all kinds of phones, but iPhone is the least I would buy. BB 10 OS is really a good OS, productive, elegant, with real new features (the Hub, the gestures, etc.), plus it is still the best in security (only device approved and allowed for the US government, and in many other countries).
    09-18-14 08:34 PM
    Good grief some people are talking like BB10 and iOS have been around for the same length of time. iOS is like what 7/8Yrs old. BB10 like coming up to 2yrs?

Fact is, each developer ads their own little 'twist' to the OS. You have a full touch handset then some features are going to cross paths it's just what you determine as 'stolen, borrowed' etc.

Fact is iOS has had several years to be perfected. BB10 for the age it's been around is fantastic in my opinion and people need to give it credit for being such a young OS.

+1000

For me, if it works well and fits my needs, then I will use it. We have both Android and BlackBerry in our household and everyone is happy and productive. Enough said.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-18-14 08:56 PM
    Because they don't want to half *** 10.3 and send out patches right away like apple. Sometimes does rushing out its os. I am glad they take the time.
    I don't think anyone envisions a scenario of blackberry sending out patches right away like Apple. Typically they ignore the problem for the first bit, and then suggest that a fix *should* be in the works in the next update which has yet to be announced.
    09-18-14 08:56 PM

Bb10 is 2 years old but that was their choice. BB is much older than that and just because the decided to wait for so long for an updated OS doesn't excuse them. If you want to pretend it's a new company, you can't in the same breath give them credit for everything they did prior.
    Wwhite1036 and bbtino like this.
    09-18-14 09:00 PM
83 1234