There seems to be two camps. Those that are satisfied with the Q10 and those that hate it. I am looking for really honest opinions about the Q10. I want to hear it all, good and bad. I really think the q10 looks interesting and I plan on trying one out today for the first time to form my own opinion. I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I want some fresh insight. Thanks guys.
    07-09-13 05:59 AM
    There are tons of interviews on here, including mine. After you read those you should have a great understanding of what it can and can't do. Is there something specific you want to know?
    07-09-13 06:25 AM
    Instead a posting a new thread, I'm using this one to ask:

What battery life on average can you expect with the Q10 without LTE? Thx
    07-09-13 07:52 AM
    Instead a posting a new thread, I'm using this one to ask:

What battery life on average can you expect with the Q10 without LTE? Thx
    It depends on the coverage in your area. My experience has been that battery life is exceptional (12+ hours) even with heavy use where the reception of the network I am using is good irregardless of whether it is LTE, 4G or 3G. Where the reception is spotty my battery has drained as fast as the worst of them.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-09-13 08:16 AM
    Is the dark theme livable in a bright environment, both indoors and outdoors?
    07-09-13 11:18 AM
    Is the dark theme livable in a bright environment, both indoors and outdoors?
    Yes.

And to answer the OP. This is a great phone. It's fluid, smooth, and you can't beat the physical keyboard. But you're going to have to live with two glaring problems:

1) Apps. Oh yes, you knew you'd hear this. The app support just isn't there for the Q10 (yet, hopefully). But many apps can be side-loaded and a lot you'll realized you don't actually "need."

2) Screen size. It's not the great media consumption device unfortunately. Video's are a bother to watch on the small screen and some articles don't do reader mode very well. (Press R when on a browser to pull up reader mode, it's awesome when it works, which is 90% of the time).

Other than that, it all comes down to personal preference of the differences between OSes (OS's? OS'?). I say absolutely give it a shot, I'm a heavy texter and just the ability to not have to focus so much attention when typing is enough to do it for me. But even so, the OS is great.
    07-09-13 11:31 AM
    Coming from a bold 9900 the Q10 is awesome. I missed some features from the 9900 at first but the more I use the Q10 the more I like it. Phone call quality, battery life, and keyboard are awesome for me. I've only had the phone for about a week but it's the best BlackBerry i've owned so far and it will get better with OS updates and as more apps become available.

The only complaint is that some emails are formatted so they're hard to read compared to the 9900. I'm sure that is something that will be fixed in an OS update.
    07-09-13 12:12 PM
    Yes.

And to answer the OP. This is a great phone. It's fluid, smooth, and you can't beat the physical keyboard. But you're going to have to live with two glaring problems:

1) Apps. Oh yes, you knew you'd hear this. The app support just isn't there for the Q10 (yet, hopefully). But many apps can be side-loaded and a lot you'll realized you don't actually "need."

2) Screen size. It's not the great media consumption device unfortunately. Video's are a bother to watch on the small screen and some articles don't do reader mode very well. (Press R when on a browser to pull up reader mode, it's awesome when it works, which is 90% of the time).

Other than that, it all comes down to personal preference of the differences between OSes (OS's? OS'?). I say absolutely give it a shot, I'm a heavy texter and just the ability to not have to focus so much attention when typing is enough to do it for me. But even so, the OS is great.
    You forgot the Hub!! Hub is AMAZINGGGGGG!
    07-09-13 02:03 PM
    Is the back panel solidly fixed? I've seen one lousy at Fido (probably because of the fixation to secure the device).
    07-09-13 10:15 PM
    Is the back panel solidly fixed? I've seen one lousy at Fido (probably because of the fixation to secure the device).
    The back cover is removable if that's what you're asking.
    07-09-13 10:28 PM
    Yes the panel is solidly fixed. That's just that particular device that had the problem most likely caused by the fixation you mentioned.

Posted Via CB10 on my Sexy *** wifi calling enabled Q10
    07-09-13 11:03 PM
    I have a general question about unlocking the screen.

If I understand well, you can unlock by:
    - pressing the power button
    - swiping up the screen
    - pressing a key (anyone?)

Can you disable any of those actions?

Question about the screen when the Q10 is in the pocket (ie. no lights): does the Q10, through its ambient light sensor, deactivate the keyboard and the swipe?
    07-09-13 11:38 PM

- swiping up the screen

Question about the screen when the Q10 is in the pocket (ie. no lights): does the Q10, through its ambient light sensor, deactivate the keyboard and the swipe?
    You can disable the swiping up (therefore only unlocking after pressing the lock button and THEN swiping up).

Settings > Display > Allow Gestures when Locked > Toggle off.

After that, you can only swipe up after you press the lock button.
    07-09-13 11:44 PM
    Things I like:

- Keyboard is fantastic. Best BlackBerry keyboard so far. The autocorrect is also tuned perfectly; finds all your mistakes but isn't intrusive at all. First autocorrect I WANT to leave ON!
    - The Hub is incredibly convenient. I love having all my notifications in one place.
    - Build quality. Incredibly solid device... In my opinion, it's on par with the iPhone 5.
    - Speed. My phone barely (if ever) lags. Nice to have a phone that doesn't freeze up coming from a Bold 9900
    - Battery life is great even though I constantly have BeBuzz and the CrackBerry app running in the background. If I'm on LTE all day, I end the day with about 20%. If I'm on WiFi, then I end with about 50%. I am a very heavy user.

Things I don't like:
    - Some things are hard to push on the touchscreen, especially small icons. Most likely a software issue.
    - NO PROFILES! There are also very few ringtones and if you download new ones, they get mixed in with all your music.
    - Signal isn't held as well as it was on my 9900, but it's still okay. That's probably because I'm on LTE now though.
    - Watching YouTube videos on this small screen is annoying if you're used to watching it on a bigger screen (which I don't do).
    - Not many big name apps (but we've heard this 50546348621894526 times)

Oh, and the keyboard again... I typed all of this on my Q10. If I had to do this on a touchscreen I'd probably jump off a building before I'd finish.

Posted via CB10
    jesuswasemo and Rowan M like this.
    07-10-13 12:00 AM
    Ive owned 3 BlackBerry's not counting this one, ive went from curve 8330, curve 9300 worst phone ive used and bold 9780, now coming from my bold 9780 witch was by far the best phone I had used, until the Q10, its by far the best phone I've used, the screen is bigger witch is a plus for me, battery life, I find to be the same if not a bit better, I average 12hr+ on one charge (use phone 24/7 texting,emails,fb,twitter music etc etc, keyboard is by far the best keyboard I have ever used, ive used curves,bolds,iphones,andriods, and this keyboard is the best period, apps are lacking as I'm use you've heard but hopefully there making there way to BB10, but even still sideloading is always an option, all In all this is a great phone for persional and business

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 01:39 AM
    The Q10 is amazing. Those unhappy just aren't patient enough to get to know the phone

Posted via CB10
    vision1961 likes this.
    07-10-13 03:42 AM
    I like the Q10. Previous phone was an iPhone 4S and I'm not particularly missing it after 2 weeks. Phone before that was a Nexus S and I definitely prefer BB10 over Android Gingerbread.

There's a lot to like about the Q10. Main USP is clearly the QWERTY keyboard, and the keyboard really is as great as everyone says. As a former longtime user of Nokia Communicators I only fully realized how much I missed having a physical keyboard these last few years once I had one again. I'm not quite as fast (yet) with the Q10 keyboard as I was with the iPhone touchscreen for short messages, but the improved comfort and accuracy makes the typing experience a far more pleasant one when typing something longer

BB10 is a great OS. Fast and robust, best mobile multisking and app switching I've experienced, and I really like having my emails and other messages consolidated in the hub. Contacts being merged from multiple locations is great and I love the Dropbox integration.

Battery life is amazing. I had some initial teething troubles with my carrier OS, but installing a leaked OS has given me the longest time between charges since I used a dumbphone.

The bad: Apps. Native BB10 apps - like CB10 - are great. Smooth and nicely integrated with the BB10 UX. But there are too few of them. Ported (or apparently ported) Andriod apps like Facebook or Twitter are a little jarring and don't run as smoothly, and the fact that there are so many missing apps even in ported form is only underlined by the fact that there is so much lazy pointless crap cluttering BlackBerry World.

Sideloaded apps and the fantastic browser go some way to making up for this, but there are shortcomings and bugs with sideloaded apps (especially on the smaller Q10 screen) that make me use them far less often than I thought I would. I miss fewer than I thought I would, but those I do (can't get Amazon Cloud Player or Instagram to run in a properly usable way) are ones I miss quite a bit.

All things considered, I'd happily recommend the Q10 to anyone who is curious and thinks they might like it. I'd probably skip over the Z10, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:16 AM
    To the original poster - it really depends what you want and expect from it mate. There aren't that many apps for BB10, because there's hardly any developers bothering with it. It's a solidly built phone, hardware wise and the OS is stable. It's good for productivity. One thing o don't like is the call quality. It's sub par in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:21 AM
    For the love of God, just don't do it. It will ruin your life!

LOL. Sorry couldn't resist.

I don't know what the hub bub is all about. It's a smartphone you can send/receive emails messages and want not, take pictures, browse the net, and social networking if you want to. Oh yeah! and you can place and receive phone calls.

It fits my needs cause I wanted a portrait qwerty and I hate data mining advertisement pushing apps.

Basically if a mobile phone is gonna make or break ya, then get one of those free phones and invest in a therapist and a financial planner.
    07-10-13 09:35 AM
    For the love of God, just don't do it. It will ruin your life!

LOL. Sorry couldn't resist.

I don't know what the hub bub is all about. It's a smartphone you can send/receive emails messages and want not, take pictures, browse the net, and social networking if you want to. Oh yeah! and you can place and receive phone calls.

It fits my needs cause I wanted a portrait qwerty and I hate data mining advertisement pushing apps.

Basically if a mobile phone is gonna make or break ya, then get one of those free phones and invest in a therapist and a financial planner.
    I love you mentioned making and receiving phone calls last. That is so typical of this day and age. Hardly anybody phones each other anymore, outside of business. Sad times we live in.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 07-10-13 at 10:08 AM. Reason: removed curse
    vision1961 likes this.
    07-10-13 09:59 AM
    It is what it is...a messaging device. no more no less.
    no apps support.
    keyboard messaging device, with a bit of a browser....
    07-10-13 10:10 AM

- swiping up the screen

You can wake the Q by pressing any of the # keys to see the lock screen Time Date Upcoming events etc, after that you have to swipe up or press the lock button to actually get into the phone.
    07-10-13 10:19 AM
    I spent about 4 days learning how the Q10 worked (upgrade from a 9900) and it was quite a steep, sometimes frustrating learning curve but the more I used it, the more I loved it, there are some minor niggles which others have mentioned in this thread, but nothing which prevents me using all the features I want and need. 1 month on and I love it!!

There seems to be two camps. Those that are satisfied with the Q10 and those that hate it. I am looking for really honest opinions about the Q10. I want to hear it all, good and bad. I really think the q10 looks interesting and I plan on trying one out today for the first time to form my own opinion. I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I want some fresh insight. Thanks guys.
    07-10-13 10:32 AM
    I spent about 4 days learning how the Q10 worked (upgrade from a 9900) and it was quite a steep, sometimes frustrating learning curve but the more I used it, the more I loved it, there are some minor niggles which others have mentioned in this thread, but nothing which prevents me using all the features I want and need. 1 month on and I love it!!
    I'm in a week and I love it!! And all I use it for is communication/twitter/tapatalk; it by far beats the iPhone that I had. Have an iPhone 4 for instagram and when I'm home for an "entertainment device/toy"

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-10-13 02:14 PM
    Q10 is for people who wish to communicate.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    07-10-13 02:38 PM
29 12