I had my reasons for sure. And as a user of different operating systems and phone makers I felt I would weigh in on a topic that is not new but still worthwhile.
    I have owned a q10 (among other bb's) for a year prior to my move to the iPhone.

The reasons are few but important. A few key apps: maps, the calendar, the specific shift work calendar, the camera and the use of iCloud across other apple products.
    Say what you will about iPhones but MacBooks are the only computers for me.
    The reasons I bought the phone are there just as they should be, but at a cost I am not to certain i would do again.
    Without dragging this on too long. The phone is too skinny. I must admit I am getting used to it but I still feel this can't be good ergonomically long term ... At least in comparison to the wider q10 that felt immediately comfortable in the hands.
    The build quality is also a lil too good. Too good? Yep. I worry about every knock and scratch and I constantly feel like I am holding a fine piece of jewellery.
    I will take the build materials of the q10, z10 or z30 anyday. A more rugged approach that i feel can take a bump with lil worries. (My q10 is a tank).
    I rank things of importance on my phones to help with my decision, and yet I missed the most important feature. Texting.
    I barely call but a few people rarely. But, I will text regularly throughout the day. I will surf the Internet and read forums and post. All this requires typing and that is what I am still missing g 3 weeks later.

I was talking to a friend who is a big iPhone guy. He said, that with time I will be a faster Tyler on the iPhone. I agreed.
    But he missed my point. There is a satisfaction of typing on the pkb that I took for granted. A feeling that I was in control of my phone. That I enjoy correcting a spelling mistake on my own that watch iPhone automatically and monotonously like I actually rely on it.
    As I tap away on this soulless iPhone screen with the autocorrect firing away to fix my mistakes, I don't feel a sense of accomplishment or control. Rather, a lack of. A disconnection from my device.
    I really think John Chen made a vital point in that the blackberries under his command will not be used to fill time but to make phones more productive with the time you use on it. This solidifies my reason about the few key apps I feel are important. A lot of these other apps I have tried and do Admit I am using are just time fillers and wasters...especially when I could use them on my computer.
    My time on and off the smartphone is better used with a focus.
    For Apple users, I will say that the build of the phone is very nice and there are some great features to make this phone work fluidly. The screen, the camera are brilliant. And tr phone just works great.
    However, I would rather put in a lil more effort than is needed with this phone. I don't think i can explain that much more.
    My final thought for this drawn out post is that with the bb, i felt it excelled in what I wanted to.
    The iPhone takes a complicated mess and makes it easy to navigate through efficiently. But I never wanted that mess to begin with.

I am not having buyers remorse. While I stated my preference for the bb. This is still a good phone. With a contract up in the year... I will be looking at the passport or a q10 successor.
    And I still want better out of bb. I think bb maps is a horrible app. Cameras can always be improved. I have written multiple posts about the needed overhaul of the native calendar app.

Ps: I know the following topic is just about a phone. More important things in life.
    Ps: I avoided the OS. Post is too long as it is. But I love bb's OS.
    01-10-15 11:31 AM
    iCloud is cool until it gets hacked.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:26 PM
    Interesting post. I'm just wondering why Mackbooks are the only computers for you?

I'm genuinely interested in your reasoning. I recently bought a top-of-the-line Toshiba 15.6" touchscreen laptop that folds over to use as a tablet. Thin chrome build running windows 8.1 and I'm enjoying it very much.

I've tried Macs before but never understood why they have such a big following. Please let me know your thoughts on Mackbooks. Thanks :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:57 PM
    I had my reasons for sure. And as a user of different operating systems and phone makers I felt I would weigh in on a topic that is not new but still worthwhile.
    I have owned a q10 (among other bb's) for a year prior to my move to the iPhone.

The reasons are few but important. A few key apps: maps, the calendar, the specific shift work calendar, the camera and the use of iCloud across other apple products.
    Say what you will about iPhones but MacBooks are the only computers for me.
    The reasons I bought the phone are there just as they should be, but at a cost I am not to certain i would do again.
    Without dragging this on too long. The phone is too skinny. I must admit I am getting used to it but I still feel this can't be good ergonomically long term ... At least in comparison to the wider q10 that felt immediately comfortable in the hands.
    The build quality is also a lil too good. Too good? Yep. I worry about every knock and scratch and I constantly feel like I am holding a fine piece of jewellery.
    I will take the build materials of the q10, z10 or z30 anyday. A more rugged approach that i feel can take a bump with lil worries. (My q10 is a tank).
    I rank things of importance on my phones to help with my decision, and yet I missed the most important feature. Texting.
    I barely call but a few people rarely. But, I will text regularly throughout the day. I will surf the Internet and read forums and post. All this requires typing and that is what I am still missing g 3 weeks later.

I was talking to a friend who is a big iPhone guy. He said, that with time I will be a faster Tyler on the iPhone. I agreed.
    But he missed my point. There is a satisfaction of typing on the pkb that I took for granted. A feeling that I was in control of my phone. That I enjoy correcting a spelling mistake on my own that watch iPhone automatically and monotonously like I actually rely on it.
    As I tap away on this soulless iPhone screen with the autocorrect firing away to fix my mistakes, I don't feel a sense of accomplishment or control. Rather, a lack of. A disconnection from my device.
    I really think John Chen made a vital point in that the blackberries under his command will not be used to fill time but to make phones more productive with the time you use on it. This solidifies my reason about the few key apps I feel are important. A lot of these other apps I have tried and do Admit I am using are just time fillers and wasters...especially when I could use them on my computer.
    My time on and off the smartphone is better used with a focus.
    For Apple users, I will say that the build of the phone is very nice and there are some great features to make this phone work fluidly. The screen, the camera are brilliant. And tr phone just works great.
    However, I would rather put in a lil more effort than is needed with this phone. I don't think i can explain that much more.
    My final thought for this drawn out post is that with the bb, i felt it excelled in what I wanted to.
    The iPhone takes a complicated mess and makes it easy to navigate through efficiently. But I never wanted that mess to begin with.

I am not having buyers remorse. While I stated my preference for the bb. This is still a good phone. With a contract up in the year... I will be looking at the passport or a q10 successor.
    And I still want better out of bb. I think bb maps is a horrible app. Cameras can always be improved. I have written multiple posts about the needed overhaul of the native calendar app.

Ps: I know the following topic is just about a phone. More important things in life.
    Ps: I avoided the OS. Post is too long as it is. But I love bb's OS.
    "Build quality"

I don't think this means what you think it means.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 05:36 PM
    I made the same experiences with my iPhone 5S, which I have to use at work. At home I am using the Q10, but other than typing, mails and the ingenious efficency of the OS there is nothing else the Q10 does better.

BlackBerry Maps is horrible, actually all important apps for social messaging, news etc. are either horrible or average at the very best.
    I dont care about apps, but once you have seen the luxury of a working navigation system in your smartphone, you DO want this also within your BlackBerry.
    The display of the Q10 is also not comparable to the iPhone, it works when you havent seen better yet, but compared to the iPhone its dark, poor in resolution, it displays white as somekind of warm-yellow white and so on.

If I would not love the physical keyboard so much, I would have already sold the Q10, maybe the Classic does better.
    01-10-15 06:38 PM
    The display of the Q10 is also not comparable to the iPhone, it works when you havent seen better yet, but compared to the iPhone its dark, poor in resolution, it displays white as somekind of warm-yellow white and so on.
    I have both and disagree. The SuperAmoled Q10 screen is beautiful, with a better resolution (the 6 plus have a better dpi though), and the white balance can be set to cool or warm at your convenience
    Impulse buy to iPhone 5s. 3/52 later...-img_20150111_134902_edit.png
    01-11-15 06:50 AM
    The iPhone is a great product, but my main complaint is that Apple doctors the experience on their iPhones to force you into an upgrade. I sincerely wish you luck in making the 5s work for the intended lifetime you think you will get out of it. My 6 years of experience with the product tells me come September when Apple releases the iPhone 6s your current phone will develop glitches and bugs you simply can't live with. That fluid, great experience you currently experience will become a buggy hastle in your daily life, to the point that upgrading and spending another $600-$800 will seem well worth it. Enter the world of Apple. Most macbook users won't get that, since Apple treats the laptop platform differently that the smartphone or tablet market.

Are BlackBerry phones a perfect product? No, but atleast I know the glitches aren't intentionally implemented to force you into new tech. BlackBerry still supports it Bold 9900 users, and just entices them with better tech. The Qla99ic is a minor update to the Q10 in regards to hardware, and that gives me reassurance that the Q10 will still be a supported platform in years to come.

Some folks love updating their phone every year, and for them I would say the iPhone is a great product then. For me, I'm always looking for that device that will stand the tests of time. That will be reliable years to come. BlackBerry is the only company embracing that sustainable model, rather than exploiting you as a customer every 1.5 years.

I also wish you luck typing on glass. Even after 6 years I couldn't stand it. I got good at it, but never quite enjoyed it like a pkb.

 Posted via CB Chen 
    01-11-15 07:00 AM