My proximity sensor is ****ed up, I think. When I receive a call, the screen does not wake up and I can't see who's calling me. I have to press the lock key on top to wake up the screen and be able to answer the call.

Is that normal Q10 behaviour? It can be annoying sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:19 AM
    Wazzup!! Its me yen. Hahaha. I also get that problem once in a while. Im not sure if it's OS related or a physical defect. How often does it happen on your phone?
    08-10-13 12:21 PM
    I never noticed it until I installed a leak (1047). Thought it was the leak but maybe it's been plaguing the device for a while?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:45 PM
    Hi, Yen. My Q10 behaves this way all the time. I was wondering if I can change its behavior through a setting but I can't find the setting. Maybe it's a design flaw? I know proximity sensor is there to avoid accidental screen presses during a call but why would my screen be locked already and not wake up when I still haven't even answered the call yet.

I think BlackBerry is being too safe with it's design. Maybe the logic is they want to avoid accidental answering of an incoming call that's why they lock the screen when a call comes in. If you want to answer the call, it must be a deliberate action - push the lock button on top and swipe down on the screen. I just find this design odd. In my previous phones, when a call comes in, you just stare at the screen to see who's calling and answer it with a single click.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:48 PM
    I have not installed any leak. I'm too afraid to have naughty bugs crawl in and out of my precious Q10 and make its life miserable. I think yes it's plaguing the phone all this time, unless someone confirms that his Q10 behaves otherwise. Now, that makes me wonder if this behavior is true also with the Zs.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:54 PM
    This happens to me too.

I fix it by just placing my phone on the middle of the screen and it turns on. It's very annoying.

Also, if I'm in a dark room or outside at night, the phone doesn't wake up when I take it off my face. It's frustrating especially if I'm trying to hang up quickly on someone.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    08-10-13 09:03 PM
    Maybe it's because of the screen protector.

Try wiping the proximity sensor when somebody is calling instead of pressing the power button, just use your thumb in wiping.
    08-11-13 12:47 AM
    This happens to me too.

I fix it by just placing my phone on the middle of the screen and it turns on. It's very annoying.

Also, if I'm in a dark room or outside at night, the phone doesn't wake up when I take it off my face. It's frustrating especially if I'm trying to hang up quickly on someone.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Mine, always wakes up when I take it away from my face during a call and sleeps when I put it back on my ear. The only time the screen doesn't wake up is when a call comes in, I always need to press the lock button to wake it up. I tried putting my finger on the middle of the screen when a call came in but it did not wake up the screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:48 AM
    My proximity sensor in Q10 also doesn't work. Checked with BB Virtual Expert, which is telling that the sensor is not installed in the phone. The same hapening to light sensor.
    After few restarts it starts to work, BBVE finds it and passing the tests, but after few minutes of working the sensors are not working anymore.It happends after upgrade to 10.2 (official releases), now on the newest one installed today 10.2.0.1803.

Is it software problem or hardware problem?
    Anyone experienced that and found a fix? It is very annoying and when not repaired I'm going to return the q10 on RMA.
    11-09-13 02:37 PM
    bumpin for answers!!!
    01-13-14 05:54 AM
    me too guys !
    My proximity sensor in Q10 doesn't work during Calls ! i Checked with BB Virtual Expert,and the result "OK" , working .
    so i'm just waiting the 10.3 up date. and using samsung
    06-28-14 05:26 AM
    My just randomly places the person I'm on the phone with on hold. Then proceeds to place another call. This person answers and I'm just rambling on about some random stuff they are like wtf is wrong with this guy. I think it's kinda funny. But I use speaker phone to avoid it happening I'm sure it's software related. I hope so anyways

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:52 AM