Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm thinking of going back to Iphone. So many apps that aren't compatible with blackberry. And most of the apps in BlackBerry world aren't free. This is the reason why blackberry is losing its users.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:40 AM
    Someone get this guy a tissue, or a brick.

You want Apps on a dead platform, you have to be prepared to pay for them; don't want ads in your Apps and don't want data mining, buy them

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-20-15 11:49 AM
    Solution:
    Own something that runs on another platform, like a tablet, to supplement. If you want to use a BlackBerry because you see the value in it, like I do, get a nexus tablet or an ipad. I have a nexus 7 2013, I do my gaming and overflow apps that won't run on BlackBerry 10 there.

This applies only to Android app, as I have always been up for 1st looking native, and I have no issues paying for a good native experience.
    I have bought many apps for BlackBerry 10. Still do when a good app comes along.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"

I'm thinking of going back to Iphone. So many apps that aren't compatible with blackberry. And most of the apps in BlackBerry world aren't free. This is the reason why blackberry is losing its users.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, BerryRipe and Mike Owsley like this.
    10-20-15 12:01 PM
    Someone get this guy a tissue, or a brick.

You want Apps on a dead platform, you have to be prepared to pay for them; don't want ads in your Apps and don't want data mining, buy them

I agree with you. Although it seems some devs are a bit TOO proud of their work. I have a couple apps I gave 5$ for that haven't seen an update in ages. I don't mind paying a little, just please make sure what I paid for works. I say this because I know you are a dev, and I have bought at least one of your apps. I appreciate that we still have a few developers left. To be clear, I'm not accusing you if taking money and not supporting the app.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-20-15 12:07 PM
    I agree with you. Although it seems some devs are a bit TOO proud of their work. I have a couple apps I gave 5$ for that haven't seen an update in ages. I don't mind paying a little, just please make sure what I paid for works. I say this because I know you are a dev, and I have bought at least one of your apps. I appreciate that we still have a few developers left. To be clear, I'm not accusing you if taking money and not supporting the app.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree, I think an App at price point 5 (around $4.75- 5) is too much; I've only ever set a price above minimum twice since I started in 2012 and once on BlackBerry (Star Player)

Out of interest, which App of mine did you buy?

Last edited by paulwallace1234; 10-20-15 at 12:31 PM.
    10-20-15 12:15 PM
    Have purchased apps that were detrimental to my Q10 causing it to run warm to hot and essentially useless. Necessitating removal.
    Q10 is a communication tool period, not a mobile entertainment tool! If a prospective purchaser looked at the promotional videos, some of which are oriented towards communication, perhaps dissatisfaction maybe avoided later.
    10-20-15 12:37 PM
    I completely agree, I think an App at price point 5 (around $4.75- 5) is too much; I've only ever set a price above minimum twice since I started in 2012 and once on BlackBerry (Star Player)

Out of interest, which App of mine did you buy?

I have star player, although I haven't had time to see all that it can do yet

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:34 PM
    I have star player, although I haven't had time to see all that it can do yet

Posted via CB10
    Excellent, I can assure you it will be supported for at least 3 major versions with minors in between (first is awaiting Approval, minor bug fix update will follow and 1.20 is in development)

10-20-15 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you think BlackBerry is switching to Android?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-20-15 05:20 PM
    Excellent, I can assure you it will be supported for at least 3 major versions with minors in between (first is awaiting Approval, minor bug fix update will follow and 1.20 is in development)

Good for know. Appreciate your work sir. I don't buy apps I won't use but at the same time, I want to support you guys if it is something I would use. I listen to a lot of music, podcasts and stream a lot of talk radio.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    10-21-15 07:20 PM
    With a bit more times, you can usually get all you need. There are plenty of alternatives to the big app names on BlackBerry World and also, try sideloading Snap, it's got plenty of good Android apps.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    10-22-15 12:09 PM
    "This is the reason why blackberry is losing its users." I was wondering was there is such a MASS migration going on! May be it's users that should have looked before they leaped!
    10-22-15 02:53 PM
    BlackBerry has all the apps I need! I'm not an app hungry user and it suits me perfectly. I do wish you had a better experience op. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Posted via CB10
    to boldly go likes this.
    10-22-15 03:08 PM