If Blackberry sells/goes under, what does that mean for us loyal users? I love my BlackBerry 10 so much and I hate it's not being successful...I hate to see it end!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:07 AM
    I all depends on the intent of the buyer. There are too many unknowns and loads of speculation.
    10-05-13 09:09 AM
    I think the BlackBerry hardware will still be avail but the pricepoint will go up so.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    10-05-13 12:44 PM
    I think it is more likely that we see parts of the company chopped and sold, than for it to remain operating the way it currently is. Hopefully they continue to support their BB10 hardware.
    10-05-13 09:20 PM
    We'll be pretty sad, to be sure.

I'm new to BB10, and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. It's the mobile OS I always wanted.

It would be such a shame if just when Blackberry got it right, that's when they throw in the towel

Perhaps it's reasonable to predict Blackberry will exist in some nearly unrecognizable form in the future. I, and countless others I'm sure, hope phones remain viable for them to stick with.

But the difficult decision we all face, should it go up in flames, is what will we feel comfortable using next? Android, Windows or IOS?

It'll likely be Android for me (after I put on a tinfoil hat to keep Google from reading my thoughts the moment I fire up my new Nexus...).

Posted via CB10
    si_chindo likes this.
    10-05-13 11:26 PM
    I'm new to BB10, and I have to say it exceeded my expectations.
    Welcome to the community.
    nghiadalat likes this.
    10-06-13 12:29 AM
    It means we all can sit on our thumb and watch the executives golden parachuting out.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:42 AM
    I am not good in prediction....
    So, let me state my wishes/hopes!

I really hope the new buyer of Blackberry gives BB 10 a proper treatment and make it lovable to all users. Both, classical legacy os users and new age!

I hope the new company comes up with cheaper price tags which may help making the device more affordable and desirable to many.

I hope BIS is incorporated into BB 10 in a useful way. Atleast as an option for those who need it.

I hope Blackberry to change its' marketing force and PR agency. A new business strategy can definitely make the days shine ahead!

Ok, after the hopes above, let me try some prediction;
    I assume the new buyer of the company (Fairfax, Cerberus etc..) Will be trying to bring some good strategic changes to Blackberry. They would concentrate more on prosumer business and enterprise levels. It would take some really good work and re shuffling before it will be relaunched in a thumping way in consumer arena.
    And if the buyer of new company is an existing player in the mobile world (Google, Microsoft, HTC, Samsung etc..) Then I assume a really good kickass job done to BB 10 and a new unrecognizable face of BB handsets rolling out soon for consumers. There would be special attention given to prosumers and enterprise customers by separating it.

Yeah, I think I am not good in prediction yet.
    10-06-13 02:11 AM
    I'm gonna guess that BlackBerry will remain functioning in some form or another. There's pretty much 4 things that can happen...
    1) fairfax buys BlackBerry trims staff and BlackBerry becomes profitable again
    2) fairfax buys BlackBerry and it's way more messed up than ppl think. BlackBerry flounders around for two years and folds
    3) a competitor buys BlackBerry and keeps it going as an off chute of the parent company. It becomes a "discount" brand for someone like Google and BlackBerry10 never becomes as great as it could
    4) BlackBerry bought by a competitor and everything is chopped up and BlackBerry is discontinued

Those are the things that I can see happening. Of the four I'm thinking 2 and 3 are the most likely with 4 coming in close behind them. Number 1 is in last place but we can only hope that is the one that happens

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:35 AM
    It means don't hold your breath waiting for any recognition. There will be no medal issued for martyrdom.
    10-06-13 07:30 AM
    Ask a Brooklyn Dodger fan.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:22 AM
    Part of me can't help but wonder if some small group of BlackBerry lovers might continue to keep the Amiga ball in the air much like the small group of Commodore Amiga users continue to behave as if that venerable little computer from the 80s is still alive and well.

Having been someone who grew up adoring the Amiga and it's OS, and still feeling some warm, emotional attachment to the fond memories of using it, it's conceivable that type of loyalty could continue foe decades after the demise of blackberry... assuming it comes to that.

Posted via CB10
    PTZ likes this.
    10-06-13 10:55 AM
    Having been someone who grew up adoring the Amiga and it's OS, and still feeling some warm, emotional attachment to the fond memories of using it, it's conceivable that type of loyalty could continue foe decades after the demise of blackberry... assuming it comes to that.
    I'm more of a TRS-80 > Color Computer > MC�10 kinda guy
    10-06-13 11:04 AM
    Wow! I remember school labs filled with TRS 80s too. Haha.

TRS 80, Coco etc.

My first real computer was an Apple IIe. What a step up the Amiga was.... I funded it with backbreaking labour; a paper route!

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-13 11:11 AM
    Wow! I remember school labs filled with TRS 80s too. Haha.

TRS 80, Coco etc.

My first real computer was an Apple IIe. What a step up the Amiga was.... I funded it with backbreaking labour; a paper route!

Posted via CB10

My school had TRS 80s too.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    10-06-13 11:24 AM
    My school had TRS 80s too.
    I think we're dating ourselves
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-13 11:33 AM
    Haha, indeed.

But it is not amazing to see how far we've come? Inside these tiny devices is millions of times the processing power of those behemoths!

This stuff surpasses even the science-fiction of the time.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-13 11:51 AM