Sandy, you're obviously running a leak, because I don't get this option in my official sw. Does anyone know which leak for Q10 has the opt-out option as above? And is this leak stable in other ways?
    That screen doesn't actually allow you to opt-out. The On/Off sliders are greyed out, so the permission has to remain on, presumably because the app is useless without that permission. I've had that screen on older OS', but on the latest 10.1 leak for the Z10 it doesn't seem to be there.
    06-16-13 04:32 PM
    I am using the same leak OS as Sandy Sprong but don't have that option. Wonder if I have to have selected a game to play. I'm using a Z10 with 10.1.0.2354 on AT&T

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    06-16-13 04:48 PM
    Sandy, you're obviously running a leak, because I don't get this option in my official sw. Does anyone know which leak for Q10 has the opt-out option as above? And is this leak stable in other ways?
    I'm running 10.1.0.2354 for Z10. This was the last non alpha/beta BB leak released two weeks ago. Not sure if it was also released for Q10. I find it very stable, good battery life, very responsive.

Alas, as I've posted a few minutes ago, the opt-out is not functional. The toggles are greyed-out, IOW useless. Toggles for all other apps are funtional, so its this app in particular that has this problem. I thought maybe its because I've never opened the games app before but that's not the case either. I went in, registered and saw it connect to BBM. Went back to Permissions hoping that my activation would also acitvate the opt-out. Nope, still greyed-out.

Sorry to get people's hopes up
    06-16-13 05:02 PM
    I don't object to being unable to delete it. I have always maintained a junk folder for "undeletables" that I had no use for.

I do object to any app posting information to my contacts without my explicit permission.

Whether you or anyone else has an opinion as to whether it will effect my business or not, frankly, has no bearing on my objection.

Posted via CBQ10
    I don't get it. There is 3 steps you have to take before it even posts anything.
    • Open the app
    • Click "Get started"
    • Fill in your name.

I agree, you should be able to delete it or block it..but I don't understand how you reach the point for it to share the info in the first place without at least acknowledging it.
    ultra07 and 00stryder like this.
    06-16-13 05:38 PM
    I don't get it. There is 3 steps you have to take before it even posts anything.
    • Open the app
    • Click "Get started"
    • Fill in your name.

I agree, you should be able to delete it or block it..but I don't understand how you reach the point for it to share the info in the first place without at least acknowledging it.
    As I never did that, if what you say is so, the wise guy in the Rogers store who activated it for me did that. I don't recall seeing her go into games but she did set up more than I was comfortable with despite my protests. She only stopped when I refused to give her my BBID password....

Posted via CBQ10
    ultra07 likes this.
    06-16-13 05:44 PM
    It never tells you that you will get undeletable bbm status updates.

Sent from my Q10
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    06-16-13 05:44 PM
    I am using the same leak OS as Sandy Sprong but don't have that option. Wonder if I have to have selected a game to play. I'm using a Z10 with 10.1.0.2354 on AT&T

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    Weird that Games won't show for you in Permissions. I presume we're all using the same auto-downloader. Anyway it matters not. It doesn't work.

I'd like to be Able to Remove Game App-img_00000099.jpg
    06-16-13 05:45 PM
    As I never did that, if what you say is so, the wise guy in the Rogers store who activated it for me did that. I don't recall seeing her go into games but she did set up more than I was comfortable with despite my protests. She only stopped when I refused to give her my BBID password....

Posted via CBQ10
    Ya, the very first screen asks if you wish to continue... it never just loads right up.

I'd like to be Able to Remove Game App-img_00000017.png
    06-16-13 05:59 PM
    So what's the solution - reload the OS? Do I need to wipe the phone first if I'm going to load a leak? And will this change my profile in my BBM contacts' phones?

Bla1ze, many of us end up setting things up in a hurry. Every other app tells me that I can change permissions later. Why is Games considered so essential? Idiotic is too kind a description.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 05:59 PM
    • Open the app
    • Click "Get started"
    • Fill in your name.

I went through that process hoping I could stop it from popping up every time I started a game with ScoreLoop integration. Didn't care for the results.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:04 PM
    Ya, the very first screen asks if you wish to continue... it never just loads right up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000017.png 
Views:	635 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	172956
    But, unlike other apps, it doesn't ask for permission to use BBM.
    06-16-13 06:08 PM
    So what's the solution - reload the OS? Do I need to wipe the phone first if I'm going to load a leak? And will this change my profile in my BBM contacts' phones?

Bla1ze, many of us end up setting things up in a hurry. Every other app tells me that I can change permissions later. Why is Games considered so essential? Idiotic is too kind a description.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that but that wasn't my point. My point was, it doesn't just do it without some human interaction. SOMEONE had to process it. I'm not saying its logical in any case. I agree it's kind of stupid that you can't get rid of it. I also agree that if for whatever reason you do/someone hits it and goes through the process, it should be reversible. But again, it doesn't just do it on its own.

And yes, an OS wipe would fix it, just don't go opening the app after you reload. You also have to remember that installing/running games will also trigger it opening but you don't have to go through the process AFAIK. I dunno why it's considered essential, today was the first day I even opened it on my Q10. As for your BBM profile, that's all stored off device really. After a wipe, logging into BBM pulls everything down that was previously set such as your avatar, name, even your BBM status last used.
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    06-16-13 06:10 PM
    I'd like to be Able to Remove Game App-img_00000425.pngI got this on my Games app. It says to add a game to favorite to let all your friends know.

Now I'm not sure how to monitor what it's posting exactly as it does it behind the scenes according to you guys. Only way is to ask bbm friends or something.

Bla1ze, do you know anything at all about how it works exactly? How it posts updates and when? And maybe at what frequency? Anything at all as I trust what you have to say. Just some insight. Thanks .

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:13 PM
    I understand that but that wasn't my point. My point was, it doesn't just do it without some human interaction. SOMEONE had to process it. I'm not saying its logical in any case. I agree it's kind of stupid that you can't get rid of it. I also agree that if for whatever reason you do/someone hits it and goes through the process, it should be reversible. But again, it doesn't just do it on its own. And yes, an OS wipe would fix it, just don't go opening the app after you reload. You also have to remember that installing/running games will also trigger it opening.
    ....as will clicking on games in someone else's profile if you are foolish, nosy or curious enough to see what they are up to.....

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 06:13 PM
    Why is Games considered so essential? Idiotic is too kind a description.

Posted via CB10
    I think u need more fun in yr life. I wouldn't want to know anyone who DOESN'T think games are essential. lighten up.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:17 PM
    Thanks but the games app does not show on that list...

Posted via CBQ10

I'd like to be Able to Remove Game App-img_00000695.png
    Attachment 172963

Posted Via CB10 Using Q10 T-Mobile
    06-16-13 06:18 PM

Name:	IMG_00000425.png 
Views:	680 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	172958
    Bla1ze, do you know anything at all about how it works exactly? How it posts updates and when? And maybe at what frequency? Anything at all as I trust what you have to say. Just some insight. Thanks .

Posted via CB10
    If you don't do anything with it, it essentially only posts when do something that is integrated with Scoreloop. So for example, if you download a game and approve the permissions on it, it will say in the games app or if you're playing and unlock some special thing, it will post it in the games app. If you actually use it, then everyone in the games app can see when you add a friend, favorite a game, download a new game, get a new high score etc. I think there is a bit of misunderstanding as to what it actually does.. it doesn't blow out that info to everyone in your BBM really. No one is getting a BBM every time you get a new high score or anything like that. Plus, you can make it so that your "Games" profile is private and only those friends you approve can see your timeline.
    agp101 likes this.
    06-16-13 06:23 PM
    I think u need more fun in yr life. I wouldn't want to know anyone who DOESN'T think games are essential. lighten up.

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha. I think it's all part of people's propensity to over-share. It's why Facebook is full of photos of what they had for breakfast. And frankly, my son spends way too much time playing Angry Birds Star Wars and Cut The Rope on my phone. Kinda skews my game playing stats quite a bit.

Posted via CB10
    rnd0209 and Jonneh like this.
    06-16-13 06:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I never said nobody should play games. In fact I downloaded and even played a nifty little physics game (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19288348). My point is simply that if I choose to do that it is none of my clients', students' or peers' business and should not be shared with them unless I explicitly authorize that. Furthermore, were I to do so, I'd expect to have the option to revoke that authorization.
    Many people Use bbm for all sorts of purposes including communicating with people with whom they prefer not to share personal (even insignificant) details.....

Posted via CBQ10
    rottonj and Omnitech like this.
    06-16-13 06:26 PM

Name:	IMG_00000695.png 
Views:	607 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	172962
    Attachment 172963

Posted Via CB10 Using Q10 T-Mobile
    Interesting. Which OS are you running? Also, please check if you can modify permissions for it to connect to bbm or if that option is grayed out.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 06:29 PM
    Bla1ze, the Games icon shows up in my profile on other people's phones. I haven't given it permission to post anything, and I have disallowed BBM integration with all the games I've downloaded, but the icon itself still shows up! ScoreLoop is getting a nasty phone call tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:30 PM
    • Open the app
    • Click "Get started"
    • Fill in your name.

I would imagine because don't realize it is gonna post on their BBM status until after they fill in all that ****. Even you should know that people are like "oh a shiny...."
    06-16-13 06:32 PM
    I would imagine because don't realize it is gonna post on their BBM status until after they fill in all that ****. Even you should know that people are like "oh a shiny...."
    lol
    06-16-13 06:34 PM
    In a similar vein, there are certain apps in OS7 that force you to tie into BBM and returns error messages if BBM is not installed! I don't use BBM and resent the apps forcing it even when there is no functional reason to.
    Omnitech and 203 like this.
    06-16-13 06:36 PM
    Bla1ze, the Games icon shows up in my profile on other people's phones. I haven't given it permission to post anything, and I have disallowed BBM integration with all the games I've downloaded, but the icon itself still shows up! ScoreLoop is getting a nasty phone call tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry, I guess I just can't relate to why that icon being there is so displeasing. I mean.. if people are seeing it on your profile, then chances are you can see it on some of theirs as well. As long as it's not doing anything and just there.. I dunno.
    06-16-13 06:37 PM
268 12345 ...