I have stuck with BlackBerry because I want a business device not a toy.

It took almost a month to get comfortable with OS10 and to learn to navigate almost as efficiently as I did on my 9900 which had single key shortcuts to anywhere that I needed to be....

Somebody at BlackBerry saw fit to bake the imbecilic game app into the OS so that not only you can't delete it, if you ever make the foolish mistake of opening it that information is blasted to all of your bbm contacts! There ssems to be no way to revoke those permissions.

I am now truly having second thoughts as to whether I want to count on this device for formal business use.

Call me a troll if you want, but this was in imbecilic call on someone's part.

Posted via CBQ10
    yybenedb, Carterbits and hbshmoe like this.
    06-16-13 12:25 PM
    I'm confused... don't you have to give the Games app permission to connect to BBM? And even if you don't, although I'm not sure what you do for work but, will it harm your business that much if people see that you connected to the Games app? Unless you're playing during normal business hours, I'm not sure how this could negatively affect you. Though, you are clearly peeved so I'm sorry about that. No, there isn't a way to delete the app, unfortunately, but so long as you don't touch it, it literally will never bother you. You can even bury it in a folder if you can't stand the sight of it.

Posted via CB10
    npunk42 likes this.
    06-16-13 12:29 PM
    I don't object to being unable to delete it. I have always maintained a junk folder for "undeletables" that I had no use for.

I do object to any app posting information to my contacts without my explicit permission.

Whether you or anyone else has an opinion as to whether it will effect my business or not, frankly, has no bearing on my objection.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 12:43 PM
    Why not just create a junk folder and place the icon in there? Does kinds sux that you can't change the permissions, but it's not the end of the world.

Posted via CB10
    AggreX likes this.
    06-16-13 12:44 PM
    Sorry. Looks lie we posted at the same time :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:45 PM
    See my second post. Right on top of yours.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 12:45 PM
    Twice. : )

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 12:46 PM
    I agree with you one hundred percent. While I didn't have the problem with the games app, I did download some stupid apps that later that night, my friends told me that my bbm contacts got notifications that I've downloaded this app, not only that but another notification following telling everyone how much "fun" I'm having with the app! That's ridiculous.

And when I went to change the permissions, it said that bbm connection was off so I'm not sure how it posted anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:47 PM
    By the way, I posted both to vent and in the hope that someone might have (perhaps in developer mode) some kind of solution...

Advanced users, feel free to chime in....

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 12:48 PM
    Go to Settings>Security And Privacy>Application Permissions

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    06-16-13 12:49 PM
    Go to Settings>Security And Privacy>Application Permissions

Been there, done that. The Games app doesn't show up on that list. Does it on yours?

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 12:51 PM
    I agree with you one hundred percent. While I didn't have the problem with the games app, I did download some stupid apps that later that night, my friends told me that my bbm contacts got notifications that I've downloaded this app, not only that but another notification following telling everyone how much "fun" I'm having with the app! That's ridiculous.

And when I went to change the permissions, it said that bbm connection was off so I'm not sure how it posted anything.

Posted via CB10
    Is this becoming a "fun" device to the exclusion of a business device?

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 12:52 PM
    Whether you or anyone else has an opinion as to whether it will effect my business or not, frankly, has no bearing on my objection.

Posted via CBQ10
    I don't really have an opinion of anything related to you or your business, I don't know you and you're entitled to your own objections. Just trying to share some perspective. If it bothers you that much, a post from a random person on an online forums isn't going to change that.

Posted via CB10
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    06-16-13 12:55 PM
    Security Wipe will set you free from Game app in connected bbm apps
    06-16-13 01:07 PM
    FWIW, as a added safety net I double check under Applications Permissions and check under each tab to see just what's being broadcast.

When you click on a tab it tells you what your settings are for that particular app.

I'd like to be Able to Remove Game App-img_00000007.png

Posted via CB10
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    06-16-13 01:09 PM
    FWIW, as a added safety net I double check under Applications Permissions and check under each tab to see just what's being broadcast.

When you click on a tab it tells you what your settings are for that app.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000007.png 
Views:	1051 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	172879

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but the games app does not show on that list...

Posted via CBQ10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    06-16-13 01:10 PM
    Right, but for some reason, games will not let you change permissions.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 01:12 PM
    wbbeinuni,

I'm aware of that, I read your post and understood your issue. What I'm saying is as an 'added safety net' this is one way, and another area one can check to make sure info is not getting out that one doesn't wish to be broadcast.
    00stryder and anon(3072139) like this.
    06-16-13 01:16 PM
    Right, but for some reason, games will not let you change permissions.

Posted via CB10
    That is what I am complaining/seeking a work-around for.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 01:17 PM
    wbbeinuni,

I'm aware of that, I read your post and understood your issue. What I'm saying is as an 'added safety net' this is one way, and another area one can check to make sure info is not getting out that one doesn't wish to be broadcast.
    Thanks

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 01:17 PM
    I checked into mine as I dont play games. It did not send any request to my BBM friends according to them. It even says I don't have any connected BBM friends. I am running 10.1.0.2354. That could be the difference if they fixed that bug. Good luck.

06-16-13 01:19 PM
    I checked into mine as I dont play games. It did not send any request to my BBM friends according to them. It even says I don't have any connected BBM friends. I am running 10.1.0.2354. That could be the difference if they fixed that bug. Good luck.

Hmmmmm thanks. I wonder if it is a bug or intentional. As I check the bbm profiles of friends who have switched to OS10, I see all except one are plagued by the entry. I will find out what version the one who did not get "branded" is using.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 01:22 PM
    There definitely needs to be a way to disconnect the Games app from BBM. Currently, there isn't and the only way around it is to wipe and reload the OS, which is what I did.
    06-16-13 01:25 PM
    I have stuck with BlackBerry because I want a business device not a toy.

It took almost a month to get comfortable with OS10 and to learn to navigate almost as efficiently as I did on my 9900 which had single key shortcuts to anywhere that I needed to be....

Somebody at BlackBerry saw fit to bake the imbecilic game app into the OS so that not only you can't delete it, if you ever make the foolish mistake of opening it that information is blasted to all of your bbm contacts! There ssems to be no way to revoke those permissions.

I am now truly having second thoughts as to whether I want to count on this device for formal business use.

Call me a troll if you want, but this was in imbecilic call on someone's part.

Posted via CBQ10

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 01:26 PM
    There definitely needs to be a way to disconnect the Games app from BBM. Currently, there isn't and the only way around it is to wipe and reload the OS, which is what I did.
    Thanks. Not what I was hoping to hear.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-16-13 01:31 PM
268 123 ...