I wonder if the q10 came out before the 9900, would everyone be going crazy for the new 9900. And touting all the great features.
    Like charging contacts,speed dial, convenience keys send buttons mouse button etc
    05-04-13 08:39 AM
    I take your point but in this market a 2.8 inch screen is too small . Even 3.1 inches is too small . I am worried about usable browsing space on the Q10.

Maybe they should bring back the buttons and trackpad and make the Q taller and wider . Of course then the Curve folks will complain . I am thinking Slider may be the way to go .

Time for me to consider the Z.
    05-04-13 08:52 AM
    Like the 9900, the Q10 is a perfect companion to a Playbook. When I need a bigger screen, I use the PlayBook. I think the Q10 is the perfect size. A slider about this size with a bigger screen may be a perfect compromise for those that need a keyboard and a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:02 AM
    I take your point but in this market a 2.8 inch screen is too small . Even 3.1 inches is too small . I am worried about usable browsing space on the Q10.

Maybe they should bring back the buttons and trackpad and make the Q taller and wider . Of course then the Curve folks will complain . I am thinking Slider may be the way to go .

Time for me to consider the Z.
    I agree that going down in screen size might rub people the wrong way, but I disagree that they are just arbitrarily "too small." Yes they are smaller than full touchscreens, but how do you define "too small?" I find that when I browse, and read articles or check my emails, I can do all of these things fine with my 9900. Sure my screen might only show 10 lines of text while a full touch will show 30. But honestly, I only read one line at a time, lol. So I have to scroll a little more, yes, that's the downside, but scrolling is not exactly a labor intensive act. With the 9900 there are three ways to scroll down a page. Use the touchscreen the drag the page, use the trackpad to move down the page, or simply press the space bar and it'll scroll to the next page for you.

It's very easy, and I don't understand people who make a HUGE stink about scrolling. And now samsung has this "auto scroll" feature. Really? Are we THAT lazy now? Not to mention, what if I'm just glancing at a picture on the bottom or glancing at a line I read on top to reread it because something else I read might put more context on a previous section, or whatever. Now the stupid phone will scroll up and down with me controlling it?? Come on, this isn't Soviet Russia where our electronic devices use us. We use them! :-D
    05-04-13 09:17 AM
    Like the 9900, the Q10 is a perfect companion to a Playbook. When I need a bigger screen, I use the PlayBook. I think the Q10 is the perfect size. A slider about this size with a bigger screen may be a perfect compromise for those that need a keyboard and a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good point about the companion Playbook that I never thought of, but it makes sense. I'm getting another Z10, but if they would put out a new Playbook, I might seriously consider the Q10. I just can't justify buying and carrying a 2-year old 7" tablet that doesn't have BB10 on it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-13 09:19 AM