Remember the days when it used to be a simple pick, BlackBerry or iPhone. Straight away you would just pick which suited you, there was no real competition from anyone else.

In my eyes, there still isn't. When it was due to upgrade, I took a quick glance at the galaxy s4, and it just screams out cheap to me. Had a bad experience with a HTC and I do not want a Nokia soley because it is powered by Windows.

I do actually feel a lot of smartphone users with iphones right now think the same as me, but the problem is nobody knows about these new BlackBerry 10 devices. The average user literally doesn't know these new devices exist. Even in the media with all this criticisms of Blackberry right now, they are showing old BlackBerry devices.

If Blackberry had the beautiful display stands that Apple have in every mobile phone shop in the world showing off the z30 and q10 especially, I really do believe they would sell in the truck load.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:25 AM
    Remember the days when it used to be a simple pick, BlackBerry or iPhone. Straight away you would just pick which suited you, there was no real competition from anyone else.

In my eyes, there still isn't. When it was due to upgrade, I took a quick glance at the galaxy s4, and it just screams out cheap to me. Had a bad experience with a HTC and I do not want a Nokia soley because it is powered by Windows.

I do actually feel a lot of smartphone users with iphones right now think the same as me, but the problem is nobody knows about these new BlackBerry 10 devices. The average user literally doesn't know these new devices exist. Even in the media with all this criticisms of Blackberry right now, they are showing old BlackBerry devices.

If Blackberry had the beautiful display stands that Apple have in every mobile phone shop in the world showing off the z30 and q10 especially, I really do believe they would sell in the truck load.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Disagree.

The more competition the better for the consumer. The more phones available the more phone companies must fight to bring something that consumers would want.

BlackBerry has a marketing department that has proved inept. THAT is the issue.
    kbz1960, VDub2174, ANTIABE and 1 others like this.
    10-03-13 07:28 AM
    It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that companies like Samsung, Apple, and RIM have to buy those displays in stores. If that's true, they could very well be in the spotlight if they wanted to. I really loved BB at one point but I think my need to buy new tech got the better of me.....lol

There are still times where I miss my BB device.
    10-03-13 07:29 AM
    Bestbuy had a big display right in front of the phone section. First thing you saw. I guess it didn't help.
    10-03-13 07:33 AM
    The problem is that BB10 devices are perceived as premium devices, and therefore too expensive.
    So, If somebody has to decide between 2 premium devices (say Z30 and iPhone 5s), they will pick the one with more robust apps catalog.. that is, the iPhone. And if that person is looking for a 3rd option more "open", they will pick a Galaxy S4
    In the other hand, if that person has a tight budget, then the options will be legacy BBOS devices, maybe the iPhone 4s, and zillions of Android devices. Then again, iPhone 4s can be upgraded to iOS7 for a modern and fresh feel, and most old Android devices can be upgraded to 4.0, or even to Jellybean (with Cyanogen), so BB will be the looser again.

Basically, BBRY has 2 types of devices in the market: Expensive BB10 devices (without several popular apps everyone want) that cannon compete with iPhone or Android, and less expensive BBOS devices that nobody want because the OS is obsolete and cannot be upgraded to BB10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 07:46 AM
    I don't believe displays are driving the lack of sales but rather is a perception in the public that BlackBerry is dead technology. That is a function of very poor marketing and being 2 years or more late to the game. Being late to the game on the OS left the company way behind in Apps. Consumers want apps. BlackBerry does not deliver the apps people want. I would say a simple recipe for disaster.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:51 AM
    its not the displays of the phone... its exactly what youre doing to windows phones... or the s4... listen to what you said... you never even bothered to give those two phones a try... its the same thing people are doing to blackberry... not gonna even give it a try... youre guilty of the same thing they do... ive tried the s4 and a nokia 920.... both great phones... I jus like my buttons... people are chosing what suits them and their use...
    VDub2174 likes this.
    10-03-13 08:25 AM
    It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that companies like Samsung, Apple, and RIM have to buy those displays in stores. If that's true, they could very well be in the spotlight if they wanted to. I really loved BB at one point but I think my need to buy new tech got the better of me.....lol

There are still times where I miss my BB device.
    Apple doesn't pay for in store keyoce. Resellers buy those great big display advertisements and retail stands from Apple, it is one of Apple requirement when you become a certified reseller of Apple products. ( this rule stems back to the days when retailers would stuff Apple products at the back of retail spaces and didn't know what to do with them ) Samsung on the other hand does buy retail space in stores like best buy in order to have those great big store within a store like Apple has had for some time now. Blackberry isn't popular for retailers to want to spear extra space where they can sell products they sell better.

But I disagree, competition is a great thing, something we welcome with open arms at Apple. Completion keeps the innovation flowing by keeping us on our toes. The same goes for any other company especially in this very competitive landscape that is technology. It creates great value for customers. And it is the foundation to business.

Jared Allister
    SVP Eastern U.S. Retail
    Apple
    Last edited by Jaredallister; 10-03-13 at 06:11 PM.
    10-03-13 09:07 AM
    Bestbuy had a big display right in front of the phone section. First thing you saw. I guess it didn't help.
    Are you talking about the one that called it the X10 and listed it as a Android device
    10-03-13 10:25 AM
    Thoughts?
    Your post is ignorant to the ways of the business world and the fact that more choice is beneficial consumers.
    10-03-13 10:31 AM