It takes some getting used to, but it's hardly cumbersome. There's actually an elegance to it once you start to develop some muscle memory.

Posted via CB10
    For some users it can be picked up very quickly. I played around with a few Q10s at different VZ stores in my area and immediately began applying the gestures to my ipad and iPhone, only to realize that they have home buttons I don't understand how people call it "cumbersome" or "annoying" I tried many different functions such as copy/paste, cut, edit... it was seamless....

My theory is that some people these days don't have the patience to spend quality time and learn all of the functions on a solid OS, such as BB10, these people also tend to be the ones that post threads on here crying about missing apps or functions that they knew were not going to be there in the first place, yet they decided to pick the Q up anyway, only to ***** about it later...

OP, I am in a similar position, I still have not yet got my Q, but I am inching closer and closer... Just trying to make sure that BB is not going to disappoint us once more before I commit.
    06-20-13 09:22 PM
    OP, I am in a similar position, I still have not yet got my Q, but I am inching closer and closer... Just trying to make sure that BB is not going to disappoint us once more before I commit.
    I feel the same. I am highly concerned about the stock price and open Bbm. I don't know how this will keep blackberry afloat.

I am not saying blackberry wont make it. I just don't want then to shift into a software only company and I am stuck with a phone they will never update and have I wait 2 years.
    06-20-13 09:49 PM
    EDIT: I actually just cancelled my order with wirefly.

I read some more threads on here and also did some crazy things this morning with the calendar and a few apps on my i4S, which are not currently available for the Q10, and it hit me - without this functionality I would not enjoy the BB so I've decided to just stick onto my i4S, keep my upgrade for now, and wait for BB 10.2, which should hopefully bring many upgrades and hopefully Google maps and many other apps.

I am typing this because I was reading on sideloading and it appears that the builds are so broken that they have to split up the functions of Google Maps into separate apps that pop up on the desktop of the phone - for example, navigation would appears as a separate "app" and maps, and I believe any other functions as well - this to me is too broken and I really don't want to go through the process. It should just be a simple "click to download and install" I've also read that many sideloaded apps aren't as solid and tend to crash - this again is too broken for me, especially for such a sexy OS as BB10!

I hope BB10.2 brings many changes and improvements, and I hope it arrives around the same time as iOS7, but I am also a bit untrusting of BB considering how long it took them to bring the Q10 to the states... Further, I am really eager to use the Q10, but i'm just really sad to see it so immature at it's current stage.

That is all, thanks for reading
    Last edited by thedose; 06-21-13 at 12:11 PM.
    Judson50 likes this.
    06-20-13 09:52 PM
28 12