Are they ever gonna address the text messaging issue? From 10.1 to 10.2 its the same. when I go to text the screen totally freezes and goes black. I cannot send a text message to no one. I try to switch over to another contact to see if I could text someone else but cannot. Sooo for the next 15 mins I have to fiddle around with my phone goin in and out of text messages, emails, anything so it will restore my messages. It has to be the most annoying thing knowing that I cannot text for at least 10 mins. a reboot does nothing. Instead of crackberry addressing bbm stickers maybe they can address this issue. thanks

Posted via CB10
    Arjun Sahota and bbSicily like this.
    05-08-14 04:17 PM
    I have never heard of this to be honest. Did you try a complete reset?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:20 PM
    Change your theme from black to white or vice versa.

If you're going to throw it away, can I have it? I'll just pay for shipping.

Posted via CB10
    Nemzy likes this.
    05-08-14 04:20 PM
    I have never heard of this to be honest. Did you try a complete reset?

Posted via CB10
    It happens when you are trying to open a text and that same person send you another one. It freezes the text messaging system. It doesn't annoy me as much compare to other users.

Posted via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    05-08-14 04:22 PM
    it has happened on my blackberry z30 and my q10. on 10.1 and 10.2. Its ridiculous that it takes me at least 10 mins to unfreeze. It happens a lot to me so I cant see how it doesnt happen to other people

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:31 PM
    It happens when you are trying to open a text and that same person send you another one. It freezes the text messaging system. It doesn't annoy me as much compare to other users.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, thanks. I hardly ever use standard text messaging - BBM and WhatsApp for the vast majority of my instant messaging. That's probably why I've never heard of it, nor experienced it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:33 PM
    it has happened on my blackberry z30 and my q10. on 10.1 and 10.2. Its ridiculous that it takes me at least 10 mins to unfreeze. It happens a lot to me so I cant see how it doesnt happen to other people

Posted via CB10
    Just go into "Text Message " setting and change your theme. It will fix it right away.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:36 PM
    Try deleting your old text messages. Do this by holding down on a date, and when a menu pops up, hit delete prior.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-08-14 04:52 PM
    I dont see how changing it from dark to light theme will help but lets see if it helps

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 05:54 PM
    I dont see how changing it from dark to light theme will help but lets see if it helps

Posted via CB10
    It resets the hub, which usually 'wakes up' a locked up text thread. Deleting text history just lowers the chance of the thread loading while another text comes in (because the thread loads quicker). Both are limited workarounds to an ongoing problem us text-heavy users have been screaming about forever. There's been many threads on the topic, including a recent one started by yours truly. *Supposedly* it's finally been brought to the attention of someone from BlackBerry, so *perhaps* it may finally get fixed. In the meantime... welcome to the club, sir. We share your pain.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:11 PM
    You still text?

Posted via CB10
    dusan.bukvic likes this.
    05-08-14 08:52 PM
    I wanna throw my q10 out the window!
    Awesome! Just wait until I get there to catch it!
    Nemzy likes this.
    05-08-14 09:06 PM
    What's an SMS text?!

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    05-08-14 09:12 PM
    What's an SMS text?!
    Pretty much the same as a BBM text.
    05-08-14 09:22 PM
    I have never heard of this issue.

Bb10 is an awesome os.
    05-08-14 11:42 PM
    Perhaps it's something you have installed since it's happening on multiple devices and even the latest version of BlackBerry 10. Something that's mucking with the hub.

I would try a) back up all Sms using a third party app. b) wipe your device and reload the OS, the latest version, fresh.

Then restore only your Sms messages. Text like heck to see if you can lock it. If not then there is something, some setting, some other added apps that is causing the issue.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-08-14 11:49 PM
    I cannot send a text message to no one.
    Good to see that there isn't a problem. I cannot send a text to no one either and I couldn't be happier
    05-08-14 11:54 PM
    Are they ever gonna address the text messaging issue? From 10.1 to 10.2 its the same. when I go to text the screen totally freezes and goes black. I cannot send a text message to no one. I try to switch over to another contact to see if I could text someone else but cannot. Sooo for the next 15 mins I have to fiddle around with my phone goin in and out of text messages, emails, anything so it will restore my messages. It has to be the most annoying thing knowing that I cannot text for at least 10 mins. a reboot does nothing. Instead of crackberry addressing bbm stickers maybe they can address this issue. thanks

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you have an os corruption! Remedy is to re-install via a clean re-install. During os updates these things do happen although rarely but they do occur sometime!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 11:14 AM
    Have never encountered any text messaging issues

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:52 PM
    Yes there is sometimes huge delay if you trying to respond to a message.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:34 PM
    theres no corruption. it happened to both of my phones on both 10.1 and 10.2

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 02:04 PM
    Wow I have never encountered any problem of that source! Too bad you have to go through that must be annoying I don't blame you for wanting to throw it out the window I would of a long time ago and then that would of been my excuse to get the Z30!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Delete the text message threads. There is no reason to have a text message thread that is 6 months old. My users had the same problem and when I got them to delete the text message threads, the problem went away. They had threads that we going since they got the Q10 and that was when it was released. Now they clean up the threads on a regular basis and the problems when away. This is like having one email that you sent to someone and all you do is respond back in forth until the email is "miles" long.
    05-09-14 03:00 PM
    Delete the text message threads. There is no reason to have a text message thread that is 6 months old. My users had the same problem and when I got them to delete the text message threads, the problem went away. They had threads that we going since they got the Q10 and that was when it was released. Now they clean up the threads on a regular basis and the problems when away. This is like having one email that you sent to someone and all you do is respond back in forth until the email is "miles" long.
    The point is other mobile OS's can handle this without the extreme lag, and have done for a very long time, including legacy BBOS.

What you've described is a workaround for the problem but BlackBerry need to FIX the problem at its source.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    05-10-14 11:48 AM
    I have not encountered this problem on my Z30 or Q10. Perhaps it's not as widespread an issue as you might think.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    05-10-14 12:23 PM
40 12