I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS7 last night and can no longer send texts to my partner.

He is on a BB Q10. I receive texts from him, but when I try to text him the text goes about halfway and then says "Not Delivered" on my iPhone. I've already spoken with Apple support and they concluded it's a BlackBerry issue.

Please help!! Obviously a huge problem not being able to text your primary contact. Yikes!

Thanks in advance for any help!
    09-30-13 12:24 PM
    If txt msg can be sent to non Apple devices, then it's not a bbry problem. Can it be sent to an iOS6 device?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:26 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I spoke to Apple support and we troubleshooted everything on my end and they concluded it's not iOS7, it's the BlackBerry.

I've texted people on Samsung, and on Apple iOS6, and they go through no problem. I'm only having issues texting to the BB Q10.

Thanks again for your help!
    09-30-13 12:31 PM
    Is he getting texts to his Q10 from other senders?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:32 PM
    Yes. But none of them have Apple iOS 7
    09-30-13 12:34 PM
    Apple is a bunch of crooks.

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    sk8er_tor, jaffna_guy and pastycat like this.
    09-30-13 12:35 PM
    That's bizarre... did he just switch to the Q10 from an iPhone? Could be an iMessages issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:36 PM
    Can you text to people on the same mobile carrier as your partners Q10?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:36 PM
    He just switched to a Q10 from a super old BB (don't know which model). I just updated my iPhone to iOS last night. It's so bizarre!
    09-30-13 12:38 PM
    I'm not sure what carrier he's on. But I have texted several people other than him today, and they all work.
    09-30-13 12:39 PM
    I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS7 last night and can no longer send texts to my partner.

He is on a BB Q10. I receive texts from him, but when I try to text him the text goes about halfway and then says "Not Delivered" on my iPhone. I've already spoken with Apple support and they concluded it's a BlackBerry issue.

Please help!! Obviously a huge problem not being able to text your primary contact. Yikes!

Thanks in advance for any help!
    If you could send texts to the Q10 before the iOS7 update it is 100% the iPhone fault. It's sad how apple would blame BlackBerry for their issues.

From all the issues iOS7 is having I'm surprised they would be blaming any company. http://sloppyui.tumblr.com/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 09-30-13 at 11:21 PM. Reason: my internet url was messed
    sk8er_tor and gfondeur like this.
    09-30-13 12:42 PM
    What's also weird is that your iPhone tells you 'not delivered'... as far as I know, SMS doesn't support any kind of delivery verification (MMS 'picture msgs' does if both have ir enabled). That leads me to believe your iPhone is trying to send it using something different... like I messages... but it works with other non-iphones, so that's weird.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-30-13 12:42 PM
    If restarting both your devices doesn't work, then you could use whatsapp for now (you probably are already)...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:44 PM
    Thanks very much for help.

I'll check in with Apple again. Maybe they are wrong and it's their fault. It worked yesterday and I didn't have iOS7. Ugh!

Thanks again!

If restarting both your devices doesn't work, then you could use whatsapp for now (you probably are already)...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:46 PM
    Thanks for your help.

I'm going to talk to Apple again. This is super annoying. Ugh.

If you could send texts to the Q10 before the iOS7 update it is 100% the iPhone fault. It's sad how apple would blame BlackBerry for their issues.

From all the issues iOS7 is having I'm surprised they would be blaming any company. http://sloppyui.tumblr.comCheck

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:46 PM
    My wife was having the same issue sending me txts on my Z10, it turned out imessage was sending messages to me using my email address and not my phone number. She also had send messages as SMS turned off.
    09-30-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks very much.

I've turned on SMS and I'm currently restarting my phone + removing my partner's contact and re-entering it. Hopefully that works. Thanks!

My wife was having the same issue sending me txts on my Z10, it turned out imessage was sending messages to me using my email address and not my phone number. She also had send messages as SMS turned off.
    09-30-13 12:52 PM
    Sounds like what I'm suspecting might be the case.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:53 PM
    I would try sending a message to his phone number and not use his contact name. iMessage may think, for some reason, that he has an iPhone and may not be using SMS. But if you enter his phone number, it should just use SMS.
    09-30-13 12:54 PM
    Seen this before too. Has something to do with a setting in iMessage that turns off regular text (Apple assumes that if you have an iPhone all your contacts do too :P)
    09-30-13 12:55 PM
    Blacklight made a good point. I've heard issues with iMessage but I haven't experienced them myself.

If it all doesn't work out since companies love to blame each other and go back and forth.
    1. Contact your carrier get them to do connection checks/resets
    2. This kinda sucks but wipe the phone and reinstall the OS and try on the Q10 even though is shouldn't be the Q10 since it worked before but that's all I got to tell you
    3. Post this in iMore forums and tell them it did work before and you are aware of iOS7 iMessage issues and could it be that? Blackberrys and iPhones never get along it seems like.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:55 PM
    Be sure to have them disable iMessages then renable it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:58 PM
    Well, I've tried this and it's still not working.

Sounds like what I'm suspecting might be the case.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:58 PM
    Thanks, I'll try this.

Blacklight made a good point. I've heard issues with iMessage but I haven't experienced them myself.

If it all doesn't work out since companies love to blame each other and go back and forth.
    1. Contact your carrier get them to do connection checks/resets
    2. This kinda sucks but wipe the phone and reinstall the OS and try on the Q10 even though is shouldn't be the Q10 since it worked before but that's all I got to tell you
    3. Post this in iMore forums and tell them it did work before and you are aware of iOS7 iMessage issues and could it be that? Blackberrys and iPhones never get along it seems like.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:59 PM
    You have both his phone number and email address listed in his contact. When you start typing his name in both the phone number and email will pop up. I bet you're hitting it real quick and selecting his email instead of his phone number.

So, your phone tries to use iMessage. Since he's not on an iPhone it can't send a text to an email address.

Try it again and just make sure you select his phone number and not his email address.
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-30-13 01:06 PM
53 123