I always thought and truly believed that blackberrys were all about and the best in communication and connections. But now it take half an hour to get my facebook notifications??!!! Texts are iffy....why is it I want to go backwards to the 9900
    03-29-14 09:30 PM
    My definition of communication is different from yours.
    I consider facebook as social networking. My communication are phone calls, MMS, SMS, and BBM.
    clickitykeys, velkod and bob_tn like this.
    03-29-14 09:54 PM
    I always thought and truly believed that blackberrys were all about and the best in communication and connections. But now it take half an hour to get my facebook notifications??!!! Texts are iffy....why is it I want to go backwards to the 9900
    What phone do you have ,and what os are you running. And carrier.
    03-29-14 09:57 PM
    Did it actually take half an hour or are you exaggerating? And when you do this are you on WIFI or network? What's your data signal like? If it's actually taking long then there could be something wrong, or needs a wipe. My fb in hub takes a few seconds sometimes but never longer than 15. Texts are iffy in what way?

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    03-29-14 09:59 PM
    It's a Q10 on t mobile with 10.2.1.2156. My idea of communications is everything, phone, sms, bbm, fb, instagram, linkedin, snapchat, email! Everything, that's the reason I bought the q. I wanted a phone that could not just handle but DO all those. I'm pretty happy with it but there are little problems like this.
    03-29-14 10:01 PM
    I have a Q on AT&T and I can say I've never had a problem from day one. If you're not on wi fi it could be a network issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:03 PM
    Sounds like you may need to do a wipe and reinstall of the OS. See if that clears up any issues.
    03-29-14 10:40 PM
    Sounds like you may need to do a wipe and reinstall of the OS. See if that clears up any issues.
    That's a tad extreme for what sounds like a network hiccup

Posted via Z10
    joejuck likes this.
    03-30-14 01:27 AM
    Texting is iffy on a q10. Haha good one brah.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:31 AM
    Had text and calling issues in October with at&t...thought it was my device. No upgrade still, but the issue resolved itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:49 AM
    Check your notification settings or re-install the app, sometimes after an update you need to adjust your settings again.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:52 AM
    That's a tad extreme for what sounds like a network hiccup

Posted via Z10
    I'm assuming the OP has already did the trouble shooting to test whether it was the network.

OP, turn off the cellular portion of the phone and use it on wifi. Do you get timely notifications? If yes, it is network related. If no, your issue is not network dependent.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 03-30-14 at 03:01 PM.
    03-30-14 02:40 AM
    FB app is notorious for that. It's slow and useless pretty much. Aside from that one my Q10 and my Z10, no issues
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-30-14 02:41 AM
    Did it actually take half an hour or are you exaggerating? And when you do this are you on WIFI or network? What's your data signal like? If it's actually taking long then there could be something wrong, or needs a wipe. My fb in hub takes a few seconds sometimes but never longer than 15. Texts are iffy in what way?

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    It's the app. I get email updates about Facebook activities well in advance of the app. The instant messaging seems to be fairly on point though.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:55 AM
    Have you tried going through the settings on Facebook to check how often it refreshes?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 07:06 AM
    The texting problems are because of my provider however the facebook problem is the phone or the app. But in my opinion the phone brand is responsible for basic apps and satisfying people's needs
    03-30-14 12:45 PM
    Wait no way? Is this an inherent problem in BB10?? Good thing I didn't get rid of my 9900. When should I expect to see these problems? How long after you started using q10 did you experience this?

Lets all be diligent and watch out for this problem. If it happened to one, it's going to happen to all of us.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:27 PM
    Same here. Sometimes I wonder that whole company should be renamed to LagBerry.

FB notifications are one only minor problem for me - I can live with it. Personally, I am having more problems with Czech language set as main and input language and "text typing lag" which renders device unusable after sending few messages. These are there there from 10.1 and according to BlackBerry support they are very well known but after almost 10 months or so still not fixed, lol.

Guess, somebody from BB never though that customer will use different language than the 6 - 7 most common.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:11 PM
    The FB app is crap, that's what's causing the problem.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    03-30-14 02:17 PM