Hello, After exhaustive MONTHS of trying to get my q10 out of the screen showing only a image of a phone ---> USB ---> computer on it's screen I finally downloaded a program I found both in YouTube as well as Crackberry called multiwipe 1.2. It wiped alright. I think my q10 is now bricked. It's in a mode where the red light just keeps flashing and nothing I do will stop it.

The computer keeps insisting that my phone is ready to use, but the computer is quite wrong.

I am running Windows 7 Pro and, since installing a Nexus 6P phone ~~ yes, I had to get a new phone and lost faith in BB over this issue ~~ and Google my Foxfire no longer functions properly so am using I.E.

I should mention that Blackberry DID get involved with this (there WERE phones compromised in the manner I wrote about MONTHS ago, a technician let it slip when I told him that I've heard that some have started working again, he replied "I haven't heard of one yet, myself, starting back up". I think he realized he was confirming the compromise and went on to try to remotely repair the phone. This went on for weeks and they were not able to repair it.

I went to BB link before this flashing started and at first assumed that meant that FINALLY the OS was reinstalling but it soon became evident that nothing was actually happening.

Following is what it says if I try to run this multiwipe program again:

UNRAR 3.93 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2010 Alexander Roshal

Extracting from C:\Users\Karen\Downloads\multiwipe 1.2.rar

SIC Multiwipe V1.2.exe already exists. Overwrite it ?
    [Y]es, [N]o, [A]ll, n[E]ver, [R]ename, [Q]uit
    Extracting SIC Multiwipe V1.2.exe 0% 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6% 7% 8% 9% 10% 11% 12% 13% 14% 15% 16% 17% 18% 19% 20% 21% 22% 23% 24% 25% 26% 27% 28% 29% 30% 31% 32% 33% 34% 35% 36% 37% 38% 39% 40% 41% 42% 43% 44% 45% 46% 47% 48% 49% 50% 51% 52% 53% 54% 55% 56% 57% 58% 59% 60% 61% 62% 63% 64% 65% 66% 67% 68% 69% 70% 71% 72% 73% 74% 75% 76% 77% 78% 79% 80% 81% 82% 83% 84% 85% 86% 87% 88% 89% 90% 91% 92% 93% 94% 95% 96% 97% OK
    Extracting SIC Multiwipe 1.2 Readme.pdf 97% 98% 99% OK
    All OK

You might wonder why I'm so persistent in getting this phone to work and not just trading it in... it's because I've never encountered ANY device that I've not been able to repair with or without assistance. I just can't give up on this one even after BB themselves told me that on trade, any hands on technician could reload the OS in mere minutes but they gave up on remotely doing it.

Can someone please be so kind as to assist me, if you can? I should mention that I never could figure out what this commonly referred to "autoloader" is. I simply tried over and over using BB link.

Thank you!
    02-02-16 08:43 PM
    Does the computer detect the device? If so, just download an autoloader and run it. - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/ preferably a 10.3.2 build.
    02-02-16 10:31 PM
    Yes, it actually DOES detect a "q10" now. I keep trying to "reload" and the device flashes the red/orange/green and then Link says it can't load the software but first says that "no updates are available". The computer TRAY says the phone is ready to use.

Right now the light on the phone is solid green. I may have downloaded the wrong autoloader as I have NO idea what I'm doing there. The one you indicate (which is clickable), I'll try clicking THAT and see what happens.

We never know! I may be sending champagne and flowers!
    02-02-16 10:57 PM
    I'm downloading the one 10.3.2 right now. I tell it to open with "link", right? For some reason "blend" doesn't like me too much. It has never said "Q10", just "CF64" (?). Link says both.

ACTUALLY, I don't know WHY I've not done this. I have another phone. I should just video what my computer and phone do and upload it so that you can see exactly what it does. I'm missing the boat somewhere here! ~~Kitten (Karen)
    02-02-16 11:02 PM
    Yes, it actually DOES detect a "q10" now. I keep trying to "reload" and the device flashes the red/orange/green and then Link says it can't load the software but first says that "no updates are available". The computer TRAY says the phone is ready to use.

Right now the light on the phone is solid green. I may have downloaded the wrong autoloader as I have NO idea what I'm doing there. The one you indicate (which is clickable), I'll try clicking THAT and see what happens.

We never know! I may be sending champagne and flowers!
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...T1yh27xSQcGGxg

Download that one. Once downloaded, extract it and run the file, while your device is plugged in to your computer.
    02-02-16 11:04 PM
    Download the autoloader Bla1ze posted connect your phone to pc without battery,run the autoloader when it say 'connecting to bootroom' put the battery in
    02-02-16 11:08 PM
    Does the computer detect the device? If so, just download an autoloader and run it. - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/ preferably a 10.3.2 build.
    I downloaded but can't unzip it:

Archive: C:/Users/Karen/Karen's Downloads/Files+From+Bitcasa.zip
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in C:/Users/Karen/Karen's Downloads/Files+From+Bitcasa.zip,
    and cannot find C:/Users/Karen/Karen's Downloads/Files+From+Bitcasa.zip.zip, period.
    02-02-16 11:09 PM
    Use 7zip or winrar?
    02-02-16 11:25 PM
    Same autoloader here. Maybe it'll work better for you.

https://mega.nz/#!MQgWjQAT!Y0-SkLCig...f1ADm2xVDPbIes

Use 7-zip to extract
    Kitten219 likes this.
    02-03-16 12:22 AM
    Use 7zip or winrar?
    I tried running it as a non-zipped file as nothing "zip" seems to work. I opened it right into my link and it started loading onto the phone and then stopped and link said "unable to update your software. Verify that you are connected to the internet. Close and reopen Blackberry link and try again."

Did that 6 or 7 times. Nothing. The phone KNOWS it's being communicated with as the lights change colors.

A rather odd thing is that when trying this the phone is called something else BlackBerry on the computer screen... something that starts with "Blackberry un"..... I can't read the last part of it though because the reload window is in the way.

I should record this so that you can actually see what is happening. It seems there's a icon for which to upload video content here.
    02-03-16 01:15 AM

I deleted all zip programs I'll download 7-Zip and the autoloader links that you gave. Perhaps my zip unzippers are corrupt and/or corrupting files. My Kaspersky went berserk when I tried to download one autoloader and one other zip program. I'll try yours... doing it now!

I'd best ENSURE I'm using autoloaders correctly as I really DON'T know what I'm doing. I download 7-zip (32 bit as 64 isn't downgrade-able on most programs even though my computer is a 64 bit).

I assume I'm just clicking it open and then pretty much following the "provial dots" and using BBLink if it doesn't seek my phone (as my phone can't seek it).

Use 7-zip to extract
    Last edited by Kitten219; 02-03-16 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Wanted to ensure I ask exactly how to use the autoloader just in case I've been doing things wrong.
    02-03-16 01:19 AM
    a video how to load os
    02-03-16 01:26 AM
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!! My phone is booting up!!!! OMG!
    02-03-16 02:01 AM
    you fixed my phone!!!! Even blackberry couldn'! I don't believe this! Omg!!!! Omg!!!
    02-03-16 02:02 AM
    I just PLAIN DO NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!

MY phone is FIXED! You DID the IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I've been trying to fix this for MONTHS AND YOU YOU YOU (!) Crackberry GODS (!) FIXED IT! Even Blackberry technicians couldn't do it and you DID!!!!!

Where do I make a donation??????
    02-03-16 02:12 AM
    I just PLAIN DO NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!

MY phone is FIXED! You DID the IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I've been trying to fix this for MONTHS AND YOU YOU YOU (!) Crackberry GODS (!) FIXED IT! Even Blackberry technicians couldn't do it and you DID!!!!!

I am STUNNED beyond any scope of comprehension! YOU DID IT! Do you have any clue how excited I am! I have my beloved Blackberry back!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

Where do I make my donation????? THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
    Mecca EL and tdyhedge like this.
    02-03-16 02:19 AM
    Hahaha...nice happy for you too!
    Mecca EL and madh263362 like this.
    02-03-16 02:37 AM
    Hahaha...nice happy for you too!
    I'm just in shock and awe! I've been trying to get this phone working again since the Russian plane bombing. It got hacked that week (I don't know if it had to do with the fact that it's one with an Arabic keyboard or not... couldn't get that out of Blackberry EXCEPT that they were aware of phones getting clouded and hacked but wouldn't give anymore information than that, other than what the technician slipped with).

I AM SOOO VERY grateful to your guidance and to Crackberry you'd just not believe it! I think I woke all my neighbors up with my screeches!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I was SOOO sure the phone was toast. Now... I have to relearn how to use it! It's been a LONG time! I tested a lot of phones for various vendors (including the PRIV) and I've lost track of how to use the phone now.

I cannot possibly thank you enough!
    02-03-16 03:01 AM

Well, to be SURE, you ARE a CrackBerry Genius! I am sitting here staring at my phone in just utter SHOCK! I cannot believe it's FIXED! I really, honestly can't. I though for SURE if Blackberry couldn't fix it, it was toast but I just could NOT give up! Just couldn't. I am SO happy that you responded to my plea for help, you and others. It was the "mega" link that did the trick along with the 7-zip.

As a bonus, I have yet another cloud with mega (can't download over one GB unless signing in so I did and got 50GB free cloud, which is quite awesome as I don't like storing all my "eggs in one cloud". OK! I'm getting goofy now but I'm doing a happy dance as I've been going berserk with this phone for so long I honestly can't even remember.

I ALWAYS keep a Blackberry and an Android and also an old but solid as a rock Nokia around. I was so upset about the Blackberry doing what it did and then my Android breaking (the 2.0 USB ports seem to break easily as they are repeatedly unplugged and plugged back in... poor design). I thought I was going to have to buy not one but two more phones.

What a HUGE RELIEF!!!!

Thank you SOOOO very much! You made my whole month! You gave me my birthday present in advance by fixing my phone!

:-D Kitten (Karen)

Use 7-zip to extract
    02-03-16 03:51 AM
    Is this @MoodyK trying to trick us???
    Glad you finally...finally got your Q10 back in action!!! Let's do the happy dance together...1..2..3 GO! 🙅🙆👫💃
    Uzi, tdyhedge and Kitten219 like this.
    02-03-16 05:53 AM
    @Karen -- That's great news! I'm glad you've got your phone back. Now you can enjoy learning how to use it again.
    Kitten219 likes this.
    02-03-16 10:14 AM
    @Karen -- That's great news! I'm glad you've got your phone back. Now you can enjoy learning how to use it again.
    Yes! And it's going to be a little bit of a learning curve.

I'd barely even used it after I first got it so I'm certainly going to enjoy learning to work with it again.

The Blackberry is really my "serious" phone... the others are what I consider toys. But it's nice to know those apps are available for it.

I'm still stunned! After a nap (a LONG one) I had to go turn it on again because I was thinking I HAD to have dreampt that it's working again!

So awesome!

Karen :-D
    02-03-16 02:16 PM
    Enjoy, a quick search here and a bit more reading would explain what you did wrong:
    The multiwipe will wipe your device clean but will not install any new OS over it or fix anything.

The autoloader is literally the installation file for the operating system on the phone, so once detected on a PC all you do is run it to install the OS
    02-03-16 02:42 PM
    Download the autoloader Bla1ze posted connect your phone to pc without battery,run the autoloader when it say 'connecting to bootroom' put the battery in
    Nice tip about the battery.
    Used to do something similar on my legacy BBOS phones when they refused to boot up sometimes and it worked lol

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    02-03-16 02:49 PM
    Enjoy, a quick search here and a bit more reading would explain what you did wrong:
    The multiwipe will wipe your device clean but will not install any new OS over it or fix anything.

The autoloader is literally the installation file for the operating system on the phone, so once detected on a PC all you do is run it to install the OS
    That's what I kept having problems with. Seems there are MANY autoloaders and I am quite unfamiliar with how they work (I think they are really just executable applications and due to my recent escapade into evaluations of newly/soon to be introduced phones, I started thinking FAR too analytically about everything).

Many autoloaders, I've found though, don't work properly... seems to be a hit or miss if one isn't sure what PRECISELY they are doing (and I sure didn't).

I'm just so thankful that Crackberry people came to my rescue. I've had many computers, printers, phones, etc., go down over the years but the BB Q10 is the first that I just could not breath life into. I couldn't STAND the idea of admitting defeat and giving up by trading it it (as BB advised I do for a measly $94.00).

I'm busily programming it. Can't figure out how to delete apps that I don't want, make my wallpaper like it was with the previous version of the OS.... stuff like that. I enjoy learning all that and will find a way to accomplish each thing.

Just as I got Android developer fairly down to a science for lollipop and marshmallow I get a new challenge! YIPPEEE!

There IS someone else in Crackberry with the same issue... I started to post under their thread and then decided to post a new one instead. I should probably direct them over to this one.

Thank you again to EVERYONE!

Karen
    02-03-16 06:02 PM
26 12