I was on the train and someone in front of me had an S4. They were typing on the virtual keyboard and I noticed how much bigger it was at the 5 inch size. It got me thinking I could give the Z30 a shot and actually type on it. I still love BlackBerry flow and multitasking and hub. But I have a feeling after a bit I'm gonna want my keys back. Anyone else feel similar?

PS. I also want to admit that it might well be the last blackberry consumer device and that also is driving me to want to own it so I could ride out this storm (again..rip webos)

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    10-10-13 06:07 AM
    I was on the train and someone in front of me had an S4. They were typing on the virtual keyboard and I noticed how much bigger it was at the 5 inch size. It got me thinking I could give the Z30 a shot and actually type on it. I still love BlackBerry flow and multitasking and hub. But I have a feeling after a bit I'm gonna want my keys back. Anyone else feel similar?

PS. I also want to admit that it might well be the last blackberry consumer device and that also is driving me to want to own it so I could ride out this storm (again..rip webos)

Due to an early upgrade option, I gave up my 9900 for the Z10. I had huge reservations about losing my hard keys. However, the Z10 keyboard (and, I'm sure, the Z30's...) is a joy to use. If i'm brutally honest, it's not as quick or accurate as the 9900, or the Q10 (personally speaking - others WILL differ), but still great for a touch keyboard. However, the bigger screen, landscape mode, YTube and so on more than compenstates for me - that can only be even better on the 30!
    10-10-13 06:16 AM
    I want the z30 as well. But I just know i'll be craving the feel of the Q10 physical keyboard again. I just can't part ways with it.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    10-10-13 07:39 AM
    I know this isn't coming...but a GREAT option would be a BlackBerry bridge between the q10 and Z30 so you could use the Q10 as your phone but when you took out your Z30 your calls text and bbm were routed to it. I know it's a pipe dream but it's nice to pipe dream sometimes

BravoZuluDelta and lekaelxi like this.
    10-10-13 11:17 AM
    I want the z30 as well. But I just know i'll be craving the feel of the Q10 physical keyboard again. I just can't part ways with it.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    I'm on a Q10 and waited patiently for it's release. Traded in a Bold 9900. Before the Q10 arrived I will admit I secretly coveted a Samsung Note 2. The Z30 would fit right in, but I'm sure I'd miss the keyboard after my fat fingers started screwing up my e-mail replies
    10-10-13 01:43 PM
    I know this isn't coming...but a GREAT option would be a BlackBerry bridge between the q10 and Z30 so you could use the Q10 as your phone but when you took out your Z30 your calls text and bbm were routed to it. I know it's a pipe dream but it's nice to pipe dream sometimes

Cant you accomplish that will Google voice? And, you can install via an Adnroid sideload
    10-10-13 01:56 PM
    I want everything. Texts too. When it's in my pocket there would be no reason to pull it out

10-10-13 02:31 PM
    I want everything. Texts too. When it's in my pocket there would be no reason to pull it out

You should be able to set up a Google voice account. Link it to your Z30. Then forward all incoming calls to your Q10 and dial out with the Google voice app.
    10-10-13 10:06 PM

I love my Q10 but can't quite help thinking of the Z30 every time I see my wife doing stuff on her big Galaxy screen. . .

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:00 PM
    I think there's 3 things that will keep me on BB10 for a while. 1 real keyboard. 2 multitasking. 3 the hub

And with android sideload I should be good for a bit on apps

So with the z30 I might give up the keyboard but the rest still exists and might be a great compromise for the extra screen

10-12-13 09:04 AM
    I'm right on the fence as well, for exactly the reasons you stated. If they could make a Bridge for the Q10 to Z30, I'd go buy one immediately.

My PlayBook is a bit aged so I crave a larger screen with fast browsing. However, I don't think I could give up things like keyboard shortcuts or being able to type under the table at meetings.

My current plan is to wait 6-8 months and pick up a used one for $300-400.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-12-13 09:09 AM
    I really love my Q10, and I'm a hardcore physical kb user. But I'm facing this double typing issue, and this is my second replacement set. If they still can resolve or repair this matter, I'm certainly switching to the Z30.

MY Q10
    10-12-13 09:36 AM
    My dream phone would have been a Pre style BB10 slider. Even at just 3.5 inches it would have been my BlackBerry for life. Now I assume it'll never happen but if it did I would be so happy. I can deal with the Q10 screen overall but it's a huge hinderence in regards to side loading. Yes flipboard works but I can't even see the title for the articles. So a Z30 companion would be very nice

that_maynard likes this.
    10-12-13 10:51 AM
    I'm right on the fence as well, for exactly the reasons you stated. If they could make a Bridge for the Q10 to Z30, I'd go buy one immediately.

My PlayBook is a bit aged so I crave a larger screen with fast browsing. However, I don't think I could give up things like keyboard shortcuts or being able to type under the table at meetings.

My current plan is to wait 6-8 months and pick up a used one for $300-400.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Oh and yes I just sold my pb for a refurbed surface rt. I'm so on board with u on the PB. If the slower processor Wanst showing it's age I would hung on and been happy but it really was chugging along to even do simple stuff. It just wasn't worth it. I really miss bridge though. I know the rest of the world would never understand but bridge was really where it was at with tablets. It made so much sense to let your tablet be your phone when you were using it. Nobody else has it like that. I miss it dearly

10-12-13 10:54 AM
    Well the Z30 has a much larger screen compared to the Z10 and thus of course has a larger displayed virtual keyboard. So typing on this thing will be easier for sure, it can't replace the actual physical aspect though, feeling the keys, hear the clicking, the feedback and so on. If you don't really need this stuff, you can give the Z30 a chance and most likely won't be disappointed.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-12-13 11:00 AM
    I also find myself wanting the Z30. However, I'm sure I won't be giving up my Q10. I just love this hardware keyboard way too much!

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    10-12-13 11:25 AM
    IMHO the Z10's (and probably the Z30's as well) virtual keyboard is superior to the Q10's physical keyboard. The BB10 keyboard is just so fricken good! I can type faster and more accurately on my Z10 than I ever could with my 9900. This is because of all the flicks and swipes, amazing auto correct, as well as the fact that the keyboard actually learns how I type, like what keys I often miss.

Sure, It's not as fun as typing on a real keyboard, and I can't type without looking, but I get a bigger screen as compensation.

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    10-12-13 11:50 AM
    Getting soooooo tempted...

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-12-13 11:53 AM
    I also find myself wanting the Z30. However, I'm sure I won't be giving up my Q10. I just love this hardware keyboard way too much!

Posted via CB10
    Right. I wouldn't give up my Q10 it's wonderful. It would be more like a carry both situation. Or maybe bounce between both. Well see

10-12-13 12:38 PM
    I was a keyboard fan too, after all, that's one of the reasons we all love BlackBerry, but after using the touch pad on the Z10, which I currently own, I don't think i could ever go back to a keyboard again.
    I will be buying the Z30 next week!!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:52 PM
    Sure, It's not as fun as typing on a real keyboard, and I can't type without looking, but I get a bigger screen as compensation.
    Agree. This really is the crux of the matter. The choice really would depend on which side of the above compromise one decides to make. Unless, you can afford the cost and slight inconvenience of carrying both phones.

For my part, I want to have just one phone, and Q10's physical keyboard edges out the Z30's larger screen.

BBQ10
    10-12-13 12:54 PM
    Agree. This really is the crux of the matter. The choice really would depend on which side of the above compromise one decides to make. Unless, you can afford the cost and slight inconvenience of carrying both phones.

For my part, I want to have just one phone, and Q10's physical keyboard edges out the Z30's larger screen.

BBQ10
    But on that note.. I gotta ask, do you have a tablet? Would the 5 inch form be as good at a 7 inch tablet? I guess what I really want is the ipod touch version of the Z30 with blackberry bridge. So I could use it tethered to my q10 during times I needed it. But the Q10 is too good for me to give up for now. Well see

10-12-13 02:02 PM
    But on that note.. I gotta ask, do you have a tablet? Would the 5 inch form be as good at a 7 inch tablet? I guess what I really want is the ipod touch version of the Z30 with blackberry bridge. So I could use it tethered to my q10 during times I needed it. But the Q10 is too good for me to give up for now. Well see
    Yes. I have a 3rd generation iPad, that I use mostly for reading research papers and book chapters in PDF format, sometimes annotating as I read. When my wife and I are traveling, we use it to find places to go/stay/hike/bike. I should be using it also for videos and suchlike, but tend to use my laptop instead.

For everything else (mobile-related) these days, I just use the Q10. For one thing, it's the only device that is always with me. For another, it just begs to be used :-).

To answer your question about 5-inch screen versus 7-inch screen, I'd look at it this way: A 7-inch screen is very cumbersome as a phone, while a 5-inch screen seems to work just fine as a phone for a lot of people. I do see why people would prefer a smartphone/phablet with a 5-inch screen. It can render a tablet superfluous most of the time.

BBQ10
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 10-12-13 at 05:03 PM.
    10-12-13 04:49 PM
    Yes. I have a 3rd generation iPad, that I use mostly for reading research papers and book chapters in PDF format, sometimes annotating as I read. When my wife and I are traveling, we use it to find places to go/stay/hike/bike. I should be using it also for videos and suchlike, but tend to use my laptop instead.

For everything else (mobile-related) these days, I just use the Q10. For one thing, it's the only device that is always with me. For another, it just begs to be used :-).

To answer your question about 5-inch screen versus 7-inch screen, I'd look at it this way: A 7-inch screen is very cumbersome as a phone, while a 5-inch screen seems to work just fine as a phone for a lot of people. I do see why people would prefer a smartphone/phablet with a 5-inch screen. It can render a tablet superfluous most of the time.

BBQ10
    I guess it depends on what you do with your devices. I'm all about productivity. Personal and work which is why I can't give up my Q10. But the screensize does tend to get in the way sometimes when I need to watch the occasions video or get directions etc. So I would love that when I was doing these things I didn't have to take out my Q10 to answer messages and stuff instead of getting an ipod or a tablet that's bigger than I need

10-12-13 05:26 PM
    Me too, i am so happy with my black q10 but more often thinking having z30. Carry 2 phones at the same time is not my option. I think z30 is alittle too big thats why i still hesitate...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 02:55 AM
37 12