I'm one of the lucky few who (for the second time) have had all there emails, texts, and phone logs vanish. First time I set the phone down after ending a call and when I picked it up 10 minutes later all was gone. Today I opened an email then went back to the hub. a few minutes later I checked for new messages and again all past messages (texts, emails, phone logs) had disappeared. Can't bring them back with a reboot (from top or battery pull) or a Hub reset (five swipes). My two emails are POP accounts and fortunately emails are still on my servers, but texts and phone logs are gone forever.
    I know this is an issue for BB10 (one that Blackberry hasn't seemed to acknowledge) so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone's found a solution that I've missed in the Crackberry forums.
    As much as I enjoy the Q10, this is something that I won't be able to work with. If it happens again, I'll need to leave Blackberry for piece of mind if nothing else
    07-22-13 06:53 PM
    I don't have this problem and i've had my Q10 for a month now.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:32 PM
    it was about five weeks of ownership before this first happened to me. Last night I realized that I actually did lose at least two emails from yesterday - nothing of great importance, but it's kind of scary thinking that this could happen again and I might lose something that will cause significant business issues.
    trying hard to figure out if there's something specific that triggers all being eliminated, either from my end or Blackberries. don't know if this info is pertinent, but a couple weeks into owning the Q10 I attempted to delete all emails. almost as fast as they deleted, they repopulated my inbox. I assume this was because they are being kept on the server, and blackberry kept finding and bringing them back. Now, even though they are still on the server (except the two I lost), past emails have not repopulated my q10 inbox. Makes me wonder if BB is doing work behind the scenes that is causing the issue
    07-23-13 09:08 AM
    This sounds more like a work server issue or an email settings issue, not a Q10 issue.
    07-23-13 09:10 AM
    This sounds more like a work server issue or an email settings issue, not a Q10 issue.
    Unfortunately, this has happened on two different email accounts (simultaneously). Plus all text messages and phone logs disappeared at the same time. I'd wager it's a q10 issue
    07-23-13 09:38 AM
    DEFINITELY a BB10 issue - has happened twice on my Z10 (still running 10.0 on Verizon), and I'm not the only one...doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to what causes this, which I'm guessing is contributing to BB's inability to acknowledge and/or track down the issue on their end.

Fact is - it happens, no fault of the user, and it's VERY bad. 90% of the purpose of carrying this phone around is for communication - if I repeatedly lose those communications forever, what's the point?

Like the OP said, Gmail and BES back up my emails, so at least I can restore those, but text and phone logs are gone forever...I'm hoping someone, somewhere figures this out.
    07-23-13 09:40 AM
    I have a Verizon Q10 and so far nothing has disappeared on mine so far. Are you running a leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 10:18 AM
    I have a Verizon Q10 and so far nothing has disappeared on mine so far. Are you running a leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    no, Verizon is my provider and I'm running whatever their current OS is
    07-23-13 10:45 AM
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago I woke up one morning and deleted some old emails suddenly It wasn't deleting next thing I know all my emails from the last 30 days erased and I was freaking...
    07-23-13 11:56 AM
    I don't have this problem and i've had my Q10 for a month now.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares. Really? He does!
    illlya likes this.
    07-23-13 07:16 PM
    I didn't know that was an issue. I've had my Verizon Q10 for a few weeks and am glad to say that hasn't happened. I hope you're able to find a fix. I'd bet it was ninjas that got a hold of your phone and deleted all your conversations to confuse you. Ninjas do stuff like that.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    07-23-13 08:43 PM
    I am so glad to say this hasn't happened to me either. Perhaps a device reset or a leak OS might stop this. On Bell Canada 10.1.0.1720 for the past 2 months and I hope this doesn't happen anytime soon. Crossing fingers. Good luck.
    07-23-13 09:22 PM
    I am so glad to say this hasn't happened to me either. Perhaps a device reset or a leak OS might stop this. On Bell Canada 10.1.0.1720 for the past 2 months and I hope this doesn't happen anytime soon. Crossing fingers. Good luck.
    Good thought. If it does happen again, I think I'll try an OS upgrade - can't hurt, and I really don't want to move to another phone. In the meantime, I'm making sure to document any critical messages that I can't afford to lose. And if it does happen again, I'll make sure I'm better prepared to analyze my actions leading up to losing messages
    07-23-13 10:02 PM