Just got this bad boy. From T-Mobile.
    Great first device from blackberry. But still needs work to be done. For example the ability to chose the defult screen is not there. Really? The active frim is just usless in my opinion ...there should be an option to make the lock screen optional...lastley. Widgets?? We need to be able to great widgets. But so far so good love the device am sure software. Will make all of use happy soon.
    Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2
    06-05-13 02:00 PM
    Just got this bad boy. From T-Mobile.
    Great first device from blackberry. But still needs work to be done. For example the ability to chose the defult screen is not there. Really? The active frim is just usless in my opinion ...there should be an option to make the lock screen optional...lastley. Widgets?? We need to be able to great widgets. But so far so good love the device am sure software. Will make all of use happy soon.
    Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2
    Congrats on the new device!! I plan to go to T-Mo after work to take a look at one, myself. I won't buy it since I'm loving my Z10 and I value screen real estate, but I'm very curious .

First - if you don't like the active frame screen, you don't need to use it. You can simply close out of the apps after your done with them, and your "home" screen will be the first screen of folders and apps. Or, before you lock it you can swipe it back to the hub and that will be the screen you see when you open the phone back up.

Can you swipe up on the screen to unlock it? I know you can do this on the Z10 but I'm not sure about the Q10. This gesture takes you right into your phone, bypassing the lock screen. If the Q10 can do this, then it sounds like a great option for you.

I totally agree with you about widgets! I definitely miss those from Android. However, I think active frames give me the best "widget like" option on BB10. I'm hoping as more apps are added or updated, more will be able to make use of active frame views.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-05-13 02:16 PM