Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    My BB app on my desktop works and can connect. So this seems to be a Google/Chrome/BB10 problem

Google Chrome installed ok. The addin Bb10 playbook is ok it just will not see my Q10

Thanks to all who replied. After dealing with BB on the phone for 3 hours, they could not fix the problem. Or even knew where to look. I went back to my I phone 6. I did fix the problem with a setting in the windows registry. This is always a dangerous option but I had no choice. After fixing the problem, then realizing that the back up/link does not really do a full back up, but only BB apps and certain lists, that take hours to set up are left behind as well. That sealed the deal. I plug in my I phone and poof all backed up. If BB is going to survive in the real world. This is not the way to do it.
    Last edited by STC172; 05-06-15 at 07:23 PM.
    themightyshark likes this.
    04-21-15 11:47 AM
    Did you make sure that your Q10 was in Development mode? Did you try to connect with the USB cable or through wifi? Android .apk files can be installed directly on the phone. The only files that need to be sideloaded are .bar files.
    04-21-15 11:55 AM
    have you enabled development mode on your Q10?
    04-21-15 11:58 AM
    Thanks to all who replied. After dealing with BB on the phone for 3 hours, they could not fix the problem. Or even knew where to look. I went back to my I phone 6. I did fix the problem with a setting in the windows registry. This is always a dangerous option but I had no choice. After fixing the problem, then realizing that the back up/link does not really do a full back up, but only BB apps and certain lists, that take hours to set up are left behind as well. That sealed the deal. I plug in my I phone and poof all backed up. If BB is going to survive in the real world. This is not the way to do it.
    05-06-15 07:39 PM
    The best way to get android apps IMO is to just send the app from an android device via "App Share" app (you can send by email, bluetooth, etc.) and install the apk via the file manager on your blackberry. Doing the way you described is harder, I think.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    05-08-15 01:33 PM
    Ah thanks that's been of great help! Now I can control my Raspberry Pi again after I switched from Android to Q10 :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 03:38 PM